Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Anti Christ
NO Chance 94 71.21%
10% possibility 6 4.55%
50% possibility 20 15.15%
99.9% possibility 12 9.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 01:12 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,017,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Could Obama be the or a Anti Christ.

1. Muslim decent
2. World popularity
3. Peacemaker
1. WRONG
2. True
3. True
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 01:28 PM

20,577 posts, read 19,240,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to the Bible the Anti Christ will be one who does not desire woman, so I don't believe that is the case with Obama.
Hi Campbell3,

The text should read the desire of women not what he desires.

Daniel 11
37"He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.

The Hebrew word is chemdah and used in a parallel context here.

feminine of 'chemed delight:--desire, goodly, pleasant, precious.

Haggai 2:7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.

This is the literal :

And I have shaken all the nations, And they have come to the desire of all the nations, And I have filled this house with honour, Said Jehovah of Hosts.
The king in Daniel 11 is not that he does not desire women.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:31 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,214,565 times
No, he's not.

I don't agree with him or support him, but God brought Obama into the world with a plan and purpose just like the rest of us. Just because someone becomes popular quickly and has a lot of ideas to try and better something doesn't mean they are all of a sudden the Anti-Christ.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM

7 posts, read 19,934 times
One who is negative and evil in spirit can be said to have Anti-Christ tendencies.......

I have heard nothing but Hope and Desire for Better Times from Obama, these are not Anti-Christ Tendencies........

Your an idiot to suggest anything of the sort......sorry for my direct nature and my Anti-Christ tendency of name calling.......

For my penance I will say 10 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys......
And yes I will most definitely pray for Obama !!

Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM

20,577 posts, read 19,240,861 times
I pray he is like Andrew Jackson. It does not appear that he is however.

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves." - Andrew Jackson

Its all in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:05 PM

14,696 posts, read 17,026,769 times
Quote:
The Anti-Christ??? Please....Why is it that whenever someone comes along who wins an election, the other side questions whether he's the anti-christ? My left wing friends did this with Bush; it was rediculous then and it is now.

Instead of speculating, why don't we do what we're supposed to do and pray for the president? Goodness knows he'll need it.
Amen. God bless.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:25 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,999,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
No, he's not.

I don't agree with him or support him, but God brought Obama into the world with a plan and purpose just like the rest of us. Just because someone becomes popular quickly and has a lot of ideas to try and better something doesn't mean they are all of a sudden the Anti-Christ.
Absolutely right, just because someone doesn't care for a candidate that does not make them the anti-christ.

Thanks for being sensible.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,472,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Could Obama be the or a Anti Christ.

1. Muslim decent
2. World popularity
3. Peacemaker
World popularity? ~48% of Americans voted against him and hate his guts for one reason or another. He is not worldly popular so much as he is not percieved as a continuation of the current administration.

I see where 3 people believe he may be the antichrist. Why don't you check his head for the little 666 tattoo?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,117,383 times
I'd rather have other nations be "goody-goody" towards him than the look they've been giving Bush the last several years.

Old 11-07-2008, 07:26 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,482,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
1. WRONG
2. True
3. True
1. TRUE

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity