U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Obama Anti Christ
NO Chance 94 71.21%
10% possibility 6 4.55%
50% possibility 20 15.15%
99.9% possibility 12 9.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-14-2008, 08:56 PM
 
Location: N/A
903 posts, read 571,971 times
Reputation: 207

Advertisements

Radar on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 PM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Reputation: 58198
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Radar on
Yep, the jury is still out on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 10:43 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,037,129 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
I agree the Anti Christ has already been here.

But if anti-christ is a spirit as quoted john saying, then the anti-christ is in those churches that believe in hurting people, starting wars and taking over american politics and gov. such as sarah palin's church and sall kern.. they are called end timers-- they think they can force such events to happen via manipulation and cause Armageddon sooner........this is why many called Bush the anti-christ with his new world order. Nothing more but fascist that are against the very teaching of Jesus Christ. They hide their agenda by turning the base on gays and with single issues of abortion to keep them riled up and focused in support of them on that while they usher in their more underhanded agendas, they believe in killing people who do not agree with them.

Kern Campaign (http://gossip-boy.com/Kern_Campaign.html - broken link)

End-Times Prophecies and More: How Electing Sarah Palin Endangers Your Life Think Left. Live Right.
Why would anyone think one direction and live another--such a dichotomy makes no sense! We live in accordance with what we think and what we think determines how we live!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 10:45 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,037,129 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
A right hand with a mark....

godspeed,

freedom
The mark concerned those living the first-century A.D. (pre-A.D. 70)!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 10:50 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,037,129 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
There is no assumptions here, nothing like this has ever taken place in the past, so it would have to occur in the future. Daniel 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, (nor the desire of woman), nor regard any god: for his shall magnify himself above all.

And if you read Daniel 37:40 It tells you out right that the King of the south will push at him at the (TIME OF THE END). To suggest anything else other that what is stated would require making unjustified assumptions.

The Bible clearly tells you this will happen at the (TIME OF THE END).
Now you tell me, if this is not the Anti-Christ, who do you say we are
talking about?
Who? Someone who lived in the first century A. D. Notice that Daniel was told to seal up the prophecy because its fulfillment was many days away (Dan. 8). On the other hand, John was told to NOT seal up the words of the prophecy because the time for fulfillment was in his very own day NEAR! (Rev. 1:3; 22:10). The entire book of Revelation falls within the time restraints which were clearly given to John. God the Father shown those things to His Son who revealed them to His saints--the things which were THEN to SHORTLY take place! Thus saith the Scriptures!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,460,785 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
The mark concerned those living the first-century A.D. (pre-A.D. 70)!

Preterist
Good, the prophecy is keeping everyone on their toes.


godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 12:11 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,037,129 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Good, the prophecy is keeping everyone on their toes.


godspeed,

freedom
No, freedom. WE were not told to "keep on our toes"--those first-century saints were. Why? Because the things coming were to affect them personally!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,460,785 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
No, freedom. WE were not told to "keep on our toes"--those first-century saints were. Why? Because the things coming were to affect them personally!

Preterist
Off topic... this isn't about your preterist bent...

This is about the potential Anti-Christ that we just elected into office. Which i do not know whether he is one or not. Just speculating and wanting to get opinions on that subject.

So i take it that your opinion is there is no chance that he is an Anti Christ.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2008, 02:46 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 9,681,293 times
Reputation: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Who? Someone who lived in the first century A. D. Notice that Daniel was told to seal up the prophecy because its fulfillment was many days away (Dan. 8). On the other hand, John was told to NOT seal up the words of the prophecy because the time for fulfillment was in his very own day NEAR! (Rev. 1:3; 22:10). The entire book of Revelation falls within the time restraints which were clearly given to John. God the Father shown those things to His Son who revealed them to His saints--the things which were THEN to SHORTLY take place! Thus saith the Scriptures!

Preterist
That would be reading something into the Scriptures that is not there. And the Scriptures tell us that one day to God = One Thousand years. And for Revelation to be fulfilled the nations of the East would have to be able to field an army of 200 million men. That was not possible back in Biblical times. It is now, and today is the time the bible was speaking of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 3,037,129 times
Reputation: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Off topic... this isn't about your preterist bent...

This is about the potential Anti-Christ that we just elected into office. Which i do not know whether he is one or not. Just speculating and wanting to get opinions on that subject.

So i take it that your opinion is there is no chance that he is an Anti Christ.

godspeed,

freedom
It is not my opinion, freedom. The Bible clearly states that anti-Christ and the spirit of anti-Christ were present in the first-century, pre-A. D. 70. Even if you assume that the beast of Revelation in Anti-Christ, you have a big problem because all of the events of the Revelation were to happen shortly in John's day--the time was then near!

We do not have to resort to opinions on this subject, freedom. The Bible has already clearly given us the answers if we will accept them!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top