Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama Anti Christ
NO Chance 94 71.21%
10% possibility 6 4.55%
50% possibility 20 15.15%
99.9% possibility 12 9.09%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 08:32 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,480,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
According to the Bible the Anti Christ will be one who does not desire woman, so I don't believe that is the case with Obama.
Where according to the Bible, Campbell34? Daniel 11? Read the context, Campbell34!!! Where is there a mention of "Antichrist?" You are reading that into the text and making unjustified assumptions.

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,417,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
Where according to the Bible, Campbell34? Daniel 11? Read the context, Campbell34!!! Where is there a mention of "Antichrist?" You are reading that into the text and making unjustified assumptions.

Preterist
1 John 2:18

Old 11-07-2008, 12:02 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,481,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I wondered how long it would be before this question came up
lol me too You can`t be around church people without this coming up at every election or everytime something evil happens in the world, Sad thing is the church doesn`t understand the concept of the anti- christ or what God is talking about. If we want to see the anti-christ we should look in the mirror or take a look around at the wordly church system and it`s false doctrines. Come out of her my people!

Old 11-07-2008, 01:27 PM

20,572 posts, read 19,227,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Hi PG77,

Only four more hours of work. Looks like I have a long day ahead. I think he was asking about Daniel.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:26 AM

14,664 posts, read 17,003,600 times
Quote:
Just because someone becomes popular quickly and has a lot of ideas to try and better something doesn't mean they are all of a sudden the Anti-Christ.
God bless.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:25 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,641,060 times
Well I guess he would have to be shot in the head and appear to have come alive again. I doubt he is but I guess you never know.
I just keep praying for our leaders that they yield their lives to God.
I don't think God wants us to waste our time and worry over the end times. We are just to be salt and light to an unbelieving world. We should be witnessing with our words and our life every chance we get.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:42 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,417,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi PG77,

Only four more hours of work. Looks like I have a long day ahead. I think he was asking about Daniel.
Oops! Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:39 AM

410 posts, read 1,103,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I just keep praying for our leaders that they yield their lives to God.
I don't think God wants us to waste our time and worry over the end times. We are just to be salt and light to an unbelieving world. We should be witnessing with our words and our life every chance we get.
I agree, it's not for us to worry about, although we were given many signs to look for, for us to know when the time draws near. I do think many Christians are concerned about this to some degree. But God has a plan and we are all part of it. It will be played out in His own time.

I think a lot of Christians are attempting to witness with our words via forums like this, and sadly, much of it falls on deaf ears.

Now is the time to stay close to our beliefs, pray often, keep the faith, and put it all in the Lord's hands. We should continue to spread the word and attempt to model our lives after Christ's example. That is all we can do, besides anticipating our eternal reward.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:18 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,480,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
PG77: And what does 1 John 2:18 have to do with Daniel 11?

Notice what else is found in 1 John 2:18--"Little children, it is the last hour . . . ." Why did John say that? Because the time for the fulfillment of the things about which he spoke was near, at hand! The time was so near that saying it was the last day or the last days was not short enough. It was the last hour!

Furthermore, in the Greek text, there is no definite article. The verse actually says simply--"as you have heard that antichrist is coming." And even then in their own day there were "many antichrists." Because there were so many "antichrists," they knew that the time was near--that it was the last hour! Who were these antichrists? They were those who had gone out from among them even though they were not really of them.

In verse 22 we see that it is those who deny Christ who are antichrist. It is extremely interesting that in this verse the definite article is present yet the translators do not translate it. This entire passage has nothing to do with some wicked, evil ruler who is to come. John was speaking of his day concerning those among them and those of their generation who denied that Jesus is the Christ. There is absolutely no justification for connecting this with Daniel or Revelation. These types of connections are based solely on unsupportable assumptions and not on sound hermeneutical principles of intepretation.

John uses the expression "antichrist" in the same way in his second epistle. There were many deceivers of his day who did "not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh" (2 John 1:7). "This is a deceiver and AN antichrist." All who deny the truths concerning Christ as antichrist.

Preterist

Old 11-09-2008, 07:25 PM

410 posts, read 1,103,609 times
Many people are Christians in name only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity