U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:40 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,568,273 times
Reputation: 967

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
But they will, cg81. The resistance is for temporarily because satan is ultimately defeated.
Satan will be defeated.. true.. but those who choose to follow Him will go along with his defeat into hell, away from God forever.

We are given no hope of a second chance after the grave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:46 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,568,273 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It's not contradictory, it's dispensational.
How do you explain this verse?

Acts 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Quote:
That's not biblical either. Read 1 Cor 15:24-28.
Little elmer, as a favorite passage of Universalists, I have read and read and read this passage. Nowhere does it suggest that "all things being subdued to him" means that everyone will enter heaven. That is a man-made theory, interpreted into the scripture to promote a false doctrine.

Again, to get back to the topic, God made the rules. He wants a relationship with everyone, but "force" does not enter the picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,833,109 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
He could have created a robotic creation that worshiped Him automatically.. but what kind of worship is that? He CHOSE to leave Himself vulnerable to beings that would turn against Him
I do agree that He could have created a robotic creation that served Him automatically but I don't believe that He left Himself vulnerable in any way. How could we know Him as a Savior, as a Deliverer, know of His agape love and forgiveness, for undeserving creatures unless we were in a position which called for this revelation? How would we even know to choose righteousenss, to appreciate His righteousness and holiness without realizing what darkness is? God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:50 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,833,109 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
Satan will be defeated.. true.. but those who choose to follow Him will go along with his defeat into hell, away from God forever.
How can this be, cg81 when God abolishes all rule, power, and authority? Here we would have the majority of people affected to the point of being lost forever due to the power of satan. If this is the case, then satan is victorious in that he takes along with him the majority of individuals for whom the Lord died. All things were given to Jesus, yet satan ends up with the majority or even one. What does this say of his power and influence? What does this say of God's power and influence?

Quote:
We are given no hope of a second chance after the grave.
If this is the case then how is the creation to be delivered? (Romans 8)

Quote:
Little elmer, as a favorite passage of Universalists, I have read and read and read this passage. Nowhere does it suggest that "all things being subdued to him" means that everyone will enter heaven.
When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be subjected to Him so that God may be all in all.

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:51 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,568,273 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
I do agree that He could have created a robotic creation that served Him automatically but I don't believe that He left Himself vulnerable in any way. How could we know Him as a Savior, as a Deliverer, know of His agape love and forgiveness, for undeserving creatures unless we were in a position which called for this revelation? How would we even know to choose righteousenss, to appreciate His righteousness and holiness without realizing what darkness is? God bless.
We are in a position to receive this revelation.. we do know what darkness is! As a Christian (or even before I was a Christian) God showed this to me.. has He not shown it to you? And if so, why could He not show it to everyone?

This revelation, this relationship is for now, Shana... not for some future time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 03:55 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,568,273 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
How can this be, cg81 when He abolishes all rule, power, and authority? If this is the case, then satan is victorious in that he takes along with him the majority of individuals for whom the Lord died. All things were given to Jesus, yet satan ends up with the majority or even one. What does this say of his power and influence? What does this say of God's power and influence?
There is no victory in hell, where satan is going. He is already defeated, and he knows it. You don't know mankind's hearts, Shana.. you don't know how many will go along with satan into hell. Only God will judge this, in His almighty power. Hell was not created for you and me, but we will be cast there with the devil and his angels if we choose to leave the door closed to God in this life.



Quote:
If this is the case then how is the creation to be delivered? God bless.
God's creation had no sin in it.. it was perfect until sin entered. At the end of the world, all sin will be judged and cast into the lake of fire forever, and God will receive His perfect work unto Himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 04:03 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,833,109 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
There is no victory in hell, where satan is going. He is already defeated, and he knows it. You don't know mankind's hearts, Shana.. you don't know how many will go along with satan into hell. Only God will judge this, in His almighty power. Hell was not created for you and me, but we will be cast there with the devil and his angels if we choose to leave the door closed to God in this life.
Cg81,

People who are lost are said to be blinded, held captive by the god of this world. Now who will have been victorious in their lives, if they are sent to an eternal hell? Who blinds the hearts of men?

God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,833,109 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
God's creation had no sin in it.. it was perfect until sin entered. At the end of the world, all sin will be judged and cast into the lake of fire forever, and God will receive His perfect work unto Himself.
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
19For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God.
20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope (expectation)
21that the creation/creature itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now (Romans 8)


Yes, I believe that sin will be judged and cast into the lake of fire but I believe that this will result in the deliverance of all creation, meaning that all will be delivered. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
 
3,086 posts, read 5,568,273 times
Reputation: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
People who are lost are said to be blinded, held captive by the god of this world. Now who will have been victorious in their lives, if they are sent to an eternal hell? Who blinds the hearts of men?
God has made a way to set the captives free. No one is blinded and held captive anymore by forces beyond what God can set free. However, many are content to remain in this bound state. If they do not accept the offer of release, there will be no victory in their life if they are sent to an eternal hell. As you said, everything will be under God's feet. Satan will win no victory in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
 
Location: NC
11,918 posts, read 13,833,109 times
Reputation: 1323
Quote:
We are in a position to receive this revelation.. we do know what darkness is! As a Christian (or even before I was a Christian) God showed this to me.. has He not shown it to you? And if so, why could He not show it to everyone?
I am not sure that I understand what you are asking, Cg81. I believe that God had a purpose for the darkness that entered into the creation. He is not leaving Himself vulnerable. He knew and knows how people will respond because He sees beginning to end.

Quote:
This revelation, this relationship is for now, Shana... not for some future time!
I was talking about now, Cg81. God bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top