U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Ruidoso NM
1,483 posts, read 1,606,583 times
Reputation: 580

Advertisements

What was the op's question again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 PM
 
Location: RV Park
7,544 posts, read 11,622,657 times
Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
What was the op's question again?
Something about a shack...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 07:49 PM
 
3,679 posts, read 487,841 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Then the Holy Spirit can never fulfill His job of leading us into all truth.

godspeed,

freedom
God's Spirit will lead us into all truth however it will not be in our physical lifetime (Jesus needed to die physically before he was raised by the Spirit of God) - praise God that he resurrected Christ the firstborn of all creation (the new creation) what is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit. I look for a new heaven and a new earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,501,259 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
God's Spirit will lead us into all truth however it will not be in our physical lifetime (Jesus needed to die physically before he was raised by the Spirit of God) - praise God that he resurrected Christ the firstborn of all creation (the new creation) what is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit. I look for a new heaven and a new earth.
Where does it say it isn't during our life?

Jesus didn't need to die to reach perfection, he was perfected and then laid His life down.

Jesus came that we might have life, even life eternal.... when will we understand that when He said, to those that are alive and believe, shall never see death.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
 
3,679 posts, read 487,841 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Where does it say it isn't during our life?

Jesus didn't need to die to reach perfection, he was perfected and then laid His life down.

Jesus came that we might have life, even life eternal.... when will we understand that when He said, to those that are alive and believe, shall never see death.

godspeed,

freedom
Freedom,

The purpose of life is not just for us to learn and be perfected it is to serve and spread the gospel, if those that learn the truth are then taken from the earth they will not be here to be witnesses of the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,501,259 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Freedom,

The purpose of life is not just for us to learn and be perfected it is to serve and spread the gospel, if those that learn the truth are then taken from the earth they will not be here to be witnesses of the truth.
In the case of Enoch, He ascended and then returned to raise up a Holy city, and then the whole city was taken up.

Religion has sadly underestimated the power of God and His ability to raise up sons and daughters, as they are willing to be raised.

He longs to give us of His fulness, but as the Hewbrews, we are short sighted and stubborn, not willing to give all, that we might bring glory to the Kingdom of God. The kingdom of Expansion, even heaven.


godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 09:29 PM
 
3,679 posts, read 487,841 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
In the case of Enoch, He ascended and then returned to raise up a Holy city, and then the whole city was taken up.
Is that a physical shadow of the spiritual? Does that sound a wee bit like Jesus ascended, then the Spirit of God returned to raise up a Holy City (bride) - then the whole city (bride) will be taken up, instead of individuals being taken one at a time it happens all at once.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Jhn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Jhn 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Jhn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Jhn 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Jhn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Jhn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Jhn 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

We are in the world but not of the world, the point is not to be physically taken out of the world but to live a spiritual life as a witness while in the physical body. If we are taken out of the world we are not a witness to the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,501,259 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Is that a physical shadow of the spiritual? Does that sound a wee bit like Jesus ascended, then the Spirit of God returned to raise up a Holy City (bride) - then the whole city (bride) will be taken up, instead of individuals being taken one at a time it happens all at once.

Jhn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Jhn 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Jhn 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Jhn 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I [am] in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Jhn 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
Jhn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Jhn 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
Jhn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Jhn 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
Jhn 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Jhn 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
Jhn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
Jhn 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

We are in the world but not of the world, the point is not to be physically taken out of the world but to live a spiritual life as a witness while in the physical body. If we are taken out of the world we are not a witness to the world.
While i agree that our lights should and shall shine, it is not to hold one back from oneness...
Does one with a masters degree get held back for the benefit of the primary school kids? No.

godspeed,

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top