Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:04 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times

Advertisements

I really have a hurting heart for how some people are preaching these days.

On one hand we have people telling people they will burn in eternal torment forever and ever. On the other hand we have people saying it doesn't matter, because "eventually" ALL will be submitted under God anyway.

How is one supposed to believe?

How does an atheist or agnostic see or hear? Having been in both camps, atheist and agnostic, and also having been in the universalist camp, as well as the eternal torment camp, I have come to a few conclusions, as the Truth has become known to me.

Spread the Love of Christ without thought to one's self. "Preach the gospel, and use words if necessary." Never submit to anyone but Christ as King ALONE, and never resist the enemy when he comes calling, for Christ will stand for you.

Don't worry about tomorrow, or beyond that. It is out of our hands anyways. And as far as death is concerned, it has been defeated, so why worry about this as well. A translation into immortality, is just that, a transformation. Jesus didn't start a new religion, so why try? Jesus didn't start a new government, so why try?

Jesus taught us to love others more than ourselves, and God most of ALL. He also taught us that life is more than the worries of this world. He has shown us the Way, and for those who refuse to hear the gospel, we are to shake the dust off our feet, and leave it to God to decide, as God alone is the Judge. When we judge, we play God, so don't judge, lest you be judged by the same measure. The tongue can be the most wicked weapon of the body, so be careful how you wield it. If it isn't worth saying, don't. If it is worth saying, be gentle, humble, and sincere. A lie is more deadly than the most venomous snake. Just ask Eve.

Yes there is more, but why preach a "camp" when the camp was here 2000 years ago, and He already popped the tent. Let us follow Him, into Glory. His house isn't divided, and never will be, so if we preach a divided house, that house will fall. Are we preaching a divided house? Or are we preaching Christ Jesus, the ONLY begotten Son of God, who led the perfect life without sin, died and shed His Blood for mankind, and rose again on the third day. Who sits in heaven right this very second, reigning as King, watching us live, and waiting for YOU!!

The only question is this. Will He recognize you when you show up, as His own? If not, you will answer to the Father, and I wish you luck with that, however it turns out. But to say you didn't hear the message, or bother to ask, is saying that you have ignorance of His Ways, which you don't. Most unbelieving people I know who have studied Christ, study with their head, and never "see" or "hear" His Truth. Only when it is done with the heart, does one's eyes open up. The choice honestly, is up to you. But get off the fence, one way or the other. It seems Jesus spits out those who are "lukewarm", knowing the Truth, but yet living in sin.

Anyway, I got this off my chest.

So may God Bless you, Truly, and may you find that Peace, without fear, and that Love, without hate, and that humility, without Pride. To die is gain, but to live is for Him, so let us get busy living, loving, and preaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 04:22 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:
On the other hand we have people saying it doesn't matter, because "eventually" ALL will be submitted under God anyway.
Who on the boards has said this, HotinAz? Just asking for clarification because that is not what is shared, from what I understand. Thank you for your post. You made some great points. God bless.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,177,133 times
Good post, and I know we need to be united in love; in no way would I want to share anything more than Jesus Christ and Him crucified – I’m sorry if our internal debates have spread outside what I think of as our “room”.

To believe that He will bring all into submission to Him is not to say “it doesn’t matter” – I don’t know any Christians who believe this way and throw off the relationship factor.

I am wrong, and I know it – but I know the only way to be “right” is to be found in Him.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:00 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Good post, and I know we need to be united in love; in no way would I want to share anything more than Jesus Christ and Him crucified – I’m sorry if our internal debates have spread outside what I think of as our “room”.

To believe that He will bring all into submission to Him is not to say “it doesn’t matter” – I don’t know any Christians who believe this way and throw off the relationship factor.

I am wrong, and I know it – but I know the only way to be “right” is to be found in Him.

Quote:
On the other hand we have people saying it doesn't matter, because "eventually" ALL will be submitted under God anyway.
Not that sin doesn't matter, but the general feeling is if the plan is laid out for all to be saved, then why preach the gospel at all. I have heard this from univs as well as those who claim to be Christian. The unbelievers say, COOL!, as now i don't need to believe, if this doctrine is truth. All roads lead to _ _ _ _ _.

This is why I quit saying anything beyond the now, or the grave, as when we go there, it is extremely dangerous. For unless you KNOW, either by a Revelation, or have died and know this for a fact, then really you don't know.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
I wonder at times about my own salvation. I don't love all of God's children as I love myself. Heck, some of things that come out of the mouths of the godless make me cringe. I haven't done anything for the needy or homeless. I tithe to my church, but I dunno where the money really goes. I try to minister to those who are hurting, but I don't know if my words really inspire or comfort. I love my God, but at times question why we are here and if free will truly exists. There is so much I don't know. And I know no amount of good works will make a man worthy of God's kingdom, but I still feel like I haven't lived up to all that I'm commanded to. I don't feel like I've taken the burden of the cross to truly follow Christ. I wonder to myself whether or not I would have traveled with Christ if I was around and he summoned me to follow him.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:27 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,499,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I wonder at times about my own salvation. I don't love all of God's children as I love myself. Heck, some of things that come out of the mouths of the godless make me cringe. I haven't done anything for the needy or homeless. I tithe to my church, but I dunno where the money really goes. I try to minister to those who are hurting, but I don't know if my words really inspire or comfort. I love my God, but at times question why we are here and if free will truly exists. There is so much I don't know. And I know no amount of good works will make a man worthy of God's kingdom, but I still feel like I haven't lived up to all that I'm commanded to. I don't feel like I've taken the burden of the cross to truly follow Christ. I wonder to myself whether or not I would have traveled with Christ if I was around and he summoned me to follow him.
The beginning of the truth is letting go of ego. I don`t know of anyone who truly loves their fellow man like they should or loves God with all of their heart and mind. We say we do,because we want to believe we are worthy. I don`t think we ever will on this side of glory. Whenever I hear someone talk about how good of a so called christian they are and how much they love God... I just shake my head. Most people in this country have never had a real cross to bare. We don`t really know what it means to suffer for Christ. Most people,texian,would probably be like the religious leaders of Jesus`s time if asked to follow him. Most people went with the masses or the religious people of that time. I think someone like you, who admits the truth and realizes man follows after himself and not God, is a person that God is moving in. We have to get to that place where we realize and admit,we are just weak human beings needing God to open our eyes. When God finally humbles you enough then he will work in you. God bless and thx for your post it was a blessing to me.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:38 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,748,788 times
If God exists and is perfect all will be saved and His threats to damn us are a bluff. On the other hand if God is imperfect and capricious and vindictive you can't trust what He says anyway.

And then maybe there's no God, no salvation, nothing. Just oblivion.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:00 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
...And then maybe there's no God, no salvation, nothing. Just oblivion.
Then why believe anything? Why not give in to the urge to lie, cheat, steal, murder, verbally tear down others, and just literally act out everything you feel like doing, without regard for anyone or anything else? If there is nothing but oblivion, then there is no basis for moral law, and thus no moral reason to restrain your emotions in any case. We are all dying anyway, right?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
The beginning of the truth is letting go of ego. I don`t know of anyone who truly loves their fellow man like they should or loves God with all of their heart and mind. We say we do,because we want to believe we are worthy. I don`t think we ever will on this side of glory. Whenever I hear someone talk about how good of a so called christian they are and how much they love God... I just shake my head. Most people in this country have never had a real cross to bare. We don`t really know what it means to suffer for Christ. Most people,texian,would probably be like the religious leaders of Jesus`s time if asked to follow him. Most people went with the masses or the religious people of that time. I think someone like you, who admits the truth and realizes man follows after himself and not God, is a person that God is moving in. We have to get to that place where we realize and admit,we are just weak human beings needing God to open our eyes. When God finally humbles you enough then he will work in you. God bless and thx for your post it was a blessing to me.
I tried to rep you both - good stuff guys.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
If God exists and is perfect all will be saved and His threats to damn us are a bluff. On the other hand if God is imperfect and capricious and vindictive you can't trust what He says anyway.

And then maybe there's no God, no salvation, nothing. Just oblivion.
To borrow a line from a song, "between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel."

We must remember - God has not failed us, it has been the voices representing Him that have faltered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity