U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,554,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Agreed!

I shall make a stand, without arms. I shall make a stand, for Truth. I don't know what I would say, but I am promised the Words will come to me.

First there is much to do, as this journey is far from over. Overcome sin, repenting from the wrongs I have done. Seek out His face, and love beyond just mere words.
Amen; my wife and I have seen an increase in the praise and worship around the casa during this uneasy time in our nation. As a fruit is squeezed, the juice will flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 03:14 PM

2,739 posts, read 7,643,856 times
Ok...let's pretend it is a end of times scenario: that in spite of martial law, there is total wide-spread panic, riots and fighting in the streets, looting, a total market crash, no money, no jobs, no credit, and no food. So...what do you do? Pray? Yes...pray. And then what? Well...a few common-sense thoughts:

If things get really bad in America, I really can't imagine it being much better anywhere else...isn't it supposed to be bad the whole world over? And if we did move, there are the problems of no housing, no job, limited money, no friends, and possibly a language barrier to boot....

Now...the alternative to moving: about staying in our own country: if/when things get really bad, I think it will be much worse in the big cities...my first consideration would be to get away...find a job now, and a place to live way out in the country. (at least 100 miles from a big city). You may have to learn a degree of self-sufficiency...living close to farms is an advantage. Make friends with a bunch of those farmers....
And....lay up a store of dry-food stuff. And...drinking water. And the usual emergency stuff: 1st aid kit, matches, flashlights and batteries, a portable radio, etc. Anything that will keep for months and months, without undue effort. But, only stuff that you know you would use eventually anyway. My wife and I like to maintain a pantry of foodstuff sufficient for ourselves for 30 days. Just in case. Even if the "end" doesn't come in my lifetime, it still doesn't matter: we will use that food...none will be wasted.

Sound bleak? Well...yeah. But what's worse: that, or getting mugged, beaten, or robbed in a city, in times of dire crisis? God will take care of us. But...He also gave us a brain...what can each of us do, to prepare ourselves? That will vary for each, depending on where the live, how many are in your family, whether you can move or not, etc, etc. Pray...and ask God what you should be doing now...

Bud

Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,554,397 times
In that scenario, I definitely see a "revival" breaking out - a lot added to the Kingdom.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:04 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,749,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
As in the days of Noah...

So what were the only Righteous people doing during the days of Noah?

godspeed,

freedom
Exactly!!! thanks, Freedom.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Ok...let's pretend it is a end of times scenario: that in spite of martial law, there is total wide-spread panic, riots and fighting in the streets, looting, a total market crash, no money, no jobs, no credit, and no food. So...what do you do? Pray? Yes...pray. And then what? Well...a few common-sense thoughts:

If things get really bad in America, I really can't imagine it being much better anywhere else...isn't it supposed to be bad the whole world over? And if we did move, there are the problems of no housing, no job, limited money, no friends, and possibly a language barrier to boot....

Now...the alternative to moving: about staying in our own country: if/when things get really bad, I think it will be much worse in the big cities...my first consideration would be to get away...find a job now, and a place to live way out in the country. (at least 100 miles from a big city). You may have to learn a degree of self-sufficiency...living close to farms is an advantage. Make friends with a bunch of those farmers....
And....lay up a store of dry-food stuff. And...drinking water. And the usual emergency stuff: 1st aid kit, matches, flashlights and batteries, a portable radio, etc. Anything that will keep for months and months, without undue effort. But, only stuff that you know you would use eventually anyway. My wife and I like to maintain a pantry of foodstuff sufficient for ourselves for 30 days. Just in case. Even if the "end" doesn't come in my lifetime, it still doesn't matter: we will use that food...none will be wasted.

Sound bleak? Well...yeah. But what's worse: that, or getting mugged, beaten, or robbed in a city, in times of dire crisis? God will take care of us. But...He also gave us a brain...what can each of us do, to prepare ourselves? That will vary for each, depending on where the live, how many are in your family, whether you can move or not, etc, etc. Pray...and ask God what you should be doing now...

Bud
Well alright!! This is the type of common sense response I was hoping for, not "fear not" generic responses. Thank you very much, Bud.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,372,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Well alright!! This is the type of common sense response I was hoping for, not "fear not" generic responses. Thank you very much, Bud.
LOL, well it is nice that there is much in common with the mainstream believers these days. The "fear not" response of course is what Jesus preached, but hey, to each his own.

Mat 10:26
Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. What I tell you in darkness, speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, preach ye upon the housetops. And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,228,683 times
I believe in the Toronto Rapture. They beat the Warriors last week. I was upset.

Old 11-07-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I believe in the Toronto Rapture. They beat the Warriors last week. I was upset.
Dang, you were "left behind",,,sorry! But if they beat them, why were you "left behind"? Looks like you were on a winning team.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Below is a post from another thread from Sandgirl, which I thought applies to the point I'm trying to make here.

It's not just me, many people are feeling the need to pull up stakes and are feeling like God is leading them to do so. It's just a matter of time before the right people find this thread and post some good responses. Those who actually care and want the info just hang in there....you gotta take the good responses with the bad, apparantly.

11-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sandgirl

...If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. REVELATION 3:3

A little over three years ago, the Holy Spirit began to tell my husband to quit his job and to move us to this area that we now live. My husband did not want to move or quit his job. So we began to fast and pray to see if he was hearing from the Holy Spirit. The more we prayed the more convinced we became that he was hearing from the Holy Spirit. So we started looking into this area, where we had never been before. Two years later we finally found a place we believed the Holy Spirit was leading us to. We put all of our savings down on the property and in faith we bought things for our new place. The deal fell through. We lost all our money and we thought we had missed God. A lot of tears and heartache! Long story short, 10 months later we moved into the very same house for less money than originally we were going to pay. We have seen the hand of God in this through the whole trial.

Just yesterday my husband met a guy at the grocery store. He was from Memphis and as they talked he said the Lord had sent him here because of the judgements about to fall on America and the world. I would encourage everyone to prayerfully listen to the Holy Spirit and to any dreams or visions you may have. God may be trying to save you or someone else. God bless.

Old 11-07-2008, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Look you guys, you may find this funny and nothing to worry about but I would appreciate it very much if you would share your so-called humor in a thread that calls for it.

I requested in the original name of my thread for there not to be any type of responses like this, but it was changed. Please know that just because it's not in the title of the thread doesn't mean it wasn't there to begin with, as I was instructed to do but now have been instructed I can't do.

Now back to the topic with SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY.
Well, I actually deleted most of my "serious" post, and instead left some humor into it. Why would I do that? Because think about it for a second. If you honestly think a person can escape the wrath about to befall this or any nation, physically, without the Spirit moving you like in sandgirl's post, then what shall a person do? And as far as her post goes, how do we even know it was meant for the "end-times" and not just to preach the gospel to just one person that God has chosen to hear. He leads, we follow, if Christ is our King.

If you stock up food, grow food, grab guns, and prepare for the coming whatever, then hope is not left in God's hands, it resides in ours. What makes people think those who don't believe, won't hesitate to steal and even kill you to get what is yours? I have seen some pretty scary stuff, in my time, also from believers, so no rock won't be left turned over when all is said and done. A man trying to feed his family, won't hesitate to go through yours. And once the food is gone, or hope, then all is lost without Christ indwelling in the heart. If Christ IS indwelling the heart, then even death isn't something to fear, as it is merely a translation, from living, to living.

Sorry if it isn't what you want to hear, but none the less, it is said. I have said it before, that all like minded believers should move to a particular state or something, but I can tell from the varied responses it would end up being a state with a million different views, and we already have that in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or