U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 07:02 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,368,089 times

Advertisements

"Obama elected...so what happened?"
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
This is spawned from another thread,
This thread is for discussion BY CHRISTIANS who believe we are living in the end days of good, safe places where Christians can go, whether it's to leave America or find a relatively safe place inside America to set up a self-sufficient lifestyle.

Someplace that one would feel comfortable taking family and friends and can possibly afford to buy enough land to work it as farmland.

Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable making suggestions here please dm me.

I believe in the Rapture, just so there is no confusion about that. I simply think it is a good idea to find out about things like this and have a record of the (serious ONLY) recommendations here at CD for future reference for those who may be left behind. Self sufficiency will be required, and the rapture may not come before something bad happens in America.

DOTL;
I apologize for misunderstanding your thread
well , by the time I replied, I had forgot some of what you were asking; so I got a little extra
Darn, I've got to pay attention,m you're were speaking of believers only..
I was speaking in general
But anyways, my convictions are still firm on this issue (self suffiency)
even though the word assures that "My God will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory, by Christ Jesus, (paraphrased
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,760,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Watch and pray;
Pray for more of His annointing over your life;
Keep a song in your heart
Get a Hymnal;
Learn the word and prayers in your soul
don't get too used to modern technology ( I personally sense that it's a subtle tool of the enemy of our souls to have people so anesthesized with convenience and quick , instant fixes, that when the blows start to come for real, mens heart will surely fail them. ( notice how people are right now without a "cellphone" or technology at their fingertips... simply put, I feel that these are going to lose it, when these times are worsening.
Get off of the microwave and instant cooking and learn how to live on the land, ie: farming agriculture.
Military experience will be a plus.
A Son in your heart;
Much prayer, much spiritual warfare prayer, taken fresh out of the bible..
Much trust in God and what he says in Joshua 1, and what he spoke to his prophets...
Keep in mind of God's past miracles and acts of kindness, and how he delivered in past times
to sum it up, remember His faithfulness to you and yours in past times, how He showed up for you and came through.
learn the character behind His many names, so that you will be able to pray effectively.
find out as much as you can about the MO of the adversary, because he doesn't change either
You won't know how to resist him if you don't know him when you see him
find out all you can about his strategies, his false prophets, and all the bag of tricks.. you'll need plenty discernment, and knowledge of God's ways via the Holy Spirit, to stand ... without being tossed to and fro, by every wind of doctrine, the craftiness and deceitfulness of men.
remember that the adversary is going to use those closest to you, that you cherish the most, to body slam you.
I believe in living in the country, you can stay focal, on top of things a little better.
you can always go to the highways and hedges to witness and be salt and light.
get off of the comfort zone" mindset.. A slight warning was the high fuel prices this past year.
Whatever you do, don't get too comfortable in pagan ideas; since the adversary used these tactics again to set you up to fail.
You can do without half of the crap, that's being shoved down our throats by the media.
Get close to someone who has been living at least forty to fifty years already, (a believer is a plus)
they have experience and are a lot tougher, especially those that have survived wars,( and I'm not talking about "gang wars either"
Forget about the Survivor shows, they will have you messed up following some of the things they do;
Make Christ your Lord is your best bet... if you haven't already-
start collecting a lot of Praise and worship songs, hymns, testimonies,bible on MP3 or whatever small device that don't require electric, or independent of technology...
Get to be fond of some of the Christians on here that you think are just fanactical, and maybe a little crazy"
you're probably going to need them at some time or another,
well this is just how I feel and I'm not paranoid, because I know that I have a new life whenever I go to sleep for good, (to be absent from the body, is to be present with the Lord")
DM me before it get too bad, and I have an awesome collection of ministry, music, material, for anyone; and I don't mean religious fake stuff that won't work either.
God Bless You
everything's going to be alright......
Trust In the Lord
Thanks for sharing, Yhwh. "Prepare" is the key word.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:21 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,760,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
HotinAZ, I agree with your post. But what would you have me do? Disobey my Lord? Did Jonah want to go to Nineveh? No one who gives this warning message enjoys it, but feel compelled to obey. We who give this message don't hear our brothers and sisters say, Great message, loved the sermon or good teaching. We do hear, negative thinking, doomsdayer or have our spirit questioned. There is no reward till we stand before our Lord. If this message is not for you brother, good and well. The message is for some though. I know that I know, America will look like Germany did after world war II before the rapture happens. It is America's destruction that terrifies the world into following the final Anti-Christ.
Amen, Sandgirl! Well said....we have individual responsibilities in Christ as we march into whatever is coming and it is our duty to listen and pray, NO MATTER how bizarre it seems to others. I like what Yhwh said and I'll quote:

Quote:
[Originally posted by yhwhshalomjr]
Get to be fond of some of the Christians on here that you think are just fanactical, and maybe a little crazy"
you're probably going to need them at some time or another,
I have a funny feeling we "crazy fanatics" won't seem so crazy pretty soon.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,377,660 times
Quote:
HotinAZ, I agree with your post.
Thank you, but really, unless the Spirit moves you to agree, then fine. If not, then question by all means. Be Berean!

Quote:
But what would you have me do? Disobey my Lord?
Absolutely not! Never go against the counsel of God.

Quote:
Did Jonah want to go to Nineveh?
Nope, but he went though. A "shadow" of the Christ who was in the belly of a whale for three days, and then came back to give us cause to repent for our wickedness.

Quote:
No one who gives this warning message enjoys it, but feel compelled to obey.
Agreed.

Quote:
We who give this message don't hear our brothers and sisters say, Great message, loved the sermon or good teaching. We do hear, negative thinking, doomsdayer or have our spirit questioned.
I don't question your sincerity concerning your dreams and thoughts. That is between you, your family and God.

Quote:
There is no reward till we stand before our Lord.
Amen! Although freedom sure is nice, while here in the flesh. I consider that a reward, as well as having a perfect King to reign over me.

Quote:
If this message is not for you brother, good and well.
Thank you. He has different plans for us all.

Quote:
The message is for some though.
And it will speak to them, as if they had the dream themselves.

Quote:
I know that I know, America will look like Germany did after world war II before the rapture happens. It is America's destruction that terrifies the world into following the final Anti-Christ.
Someday, someday, all will be destroyed. It is always then whats, whens and wheres that seems to be in question. Jesus says to seek Him out, and He will find us. As long as we keep seeking, we are getting closer. Once that Light is lit from within, fully, and we KNOW, then we become a "watchmen" for this world.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 PM

9,727 posts, read 3,449,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post

I have a funny feeling we "crazy fanatics" won't seem so crazy pretty soon.

lol Ain't that the truth! Sooner than some think. Tried to rep ya and no go.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Welllllllll;...........................
This is what some of the older people used to say after listening to a sermon
when I was a little snot
Time will surely tell.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:

What is the rep machine malfunctioning here??
I can't rep anyone,
Okay I'll say a prayer for you instead, until I can rep you;
and that's if I can remember to by then
Could someone call the "Rep Repairman"??
I must be getting sleepy zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
psyche!!
God Bless You

Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 PM

3,210 posts, read 2,305,277 times
I plan to move higher up in the mountains, close to a stream, river or lake. Higher ground, water and enough land to farm if necessary. But since the Lord is returning for His saints pretty soon I don't think I'll have time to even worry about it.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,160,038 times
I wonder what people on earth 500, 600, 1000 years from now will think when they can look/read back on all of these predictions and warnings and End Times and the Rapture that so many Christians are waiting for. I wonder if they will be shaking their heads at such comic belief.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:10 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,038,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I wonder what people on earth 500, 600, 1000 years from now will think when they can look/read back on all of these predictions and warnings and End Times and the Rapture that so many Christians are waiting for. I wonder if they will be shaking their heads at such comic belief.
I wonder that myself, essecue, but I don't think it will take 500 years. Many are growing weary of this doom-and-gloom, escapist theology and are returning to the truths of the Scriptures. Sadly, twenty years from now when the Lord has still not snatched them away, many will still be crying "the coming of the Lord is at hand." Isn't that exactly what James said in the first century? (James 5:8). Those today who won't accept James' warning to those of his day want to now use his words and have others take them exactly as James intended them. Unbelievable!

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or