Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:42 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And all "this" is taking place right now:
3. knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lust,
4. and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5. For this they willfully forgot: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water,
6. by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7. but the heavens and the earth which now exist are kept in store by the same word, RESERVED for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9. THE LORD IS NOT SLACK CONCERNING HIS PROMISE, AS SOME COUNT SLACKNESS, BUT IS LONGSUFFERING TOWARD US, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
(2 Peter 3:3-9)
Question? If ALL things has been fullfilled already, and we are now reigning with the King, here on earth, where is my mother who passed on 3 weeks ago? In her resurrected body? What, she's been reincarnated as what? One of the birds that sing outside my window in the morning? Or no, maybe as a lizard that my son like to catch? Do tell me please so I can go say, "Hi mom, you are back!" Sound absurd right? Well...............................
Betsey Lane: The this cannot be separated from generation. Jesus clearly said that those things would happen to those of His generation when He said that. Without exception, whenever He used that expression (20 times), he always meant His contemporaries.

Where is your precious mother, Betsey Lane? She is with her Lord in His kingdom which is not of this world in her resurrected body which He gave her as she departed this world. He gave her that which is spiritual and incorruptible so that she could live with Him forever! That is the blessed hope, Betsey Lane. If we live in Him, we never die; if we die, yet do we live! That which is created within us at the new birth can never die, yet the body which in this life houses it does die. We are a new creation in Christ--we never die! We die physically and the natural dies and return to the earth yet that which is eternal continues.

Your mother is with her Lord in heaven in His kingdom which is not of this world, was never of this world, and will never be of this world.

I hope and pray the pain of your loss is healing and you continue to find comfort in Him!

Preterist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrice View Post
I fail to see christians desire to live through the end of days. It will be a time of great suffering and pain, and Jesus is not coming back as a lamb but a lion--God's avenging messenger
jrice: What end of days?

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 06:48 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
TheWordIsOne: Again, what does 1948 have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy? What does Europe have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy?

The nation formed in 1948 is the creation of the United Nations and has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. They are not the Jews of the Old Testament. Furthermore, many are secular in their thinking and do not practice Judaism.

Preterist
I believe these people and their belief system has come down from those religious clergyman (Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Congregationalists, Episcopalian) of World War I who signed the "London Manifesto of 1917". Great Britain had just taken Palastine away from the Ottoman Empire and they thought back then that God was restoring Jerusalem with it's temple. Then later many of the same people claimed 1948 as the date of restoration of Israel.

Personally I see no evidence of where anyone in that region has benefitted under a restored Kingdom like that of King Solomon days. I have read about this in literature while researching in a Library in the UK in the 1970s, but have yet to find where anyone has published much about it on the Net yet. Here is one link. Anyway, this is merely my guess as to where these ideas originated.

London Manifesto - Wikibin - Where free speech matters

Old 11-10-2008, 05:27 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times
[quote=Preterist;6092719]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

TheWordIsOne: Again, what does 1948 have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy? What does Europe have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy?

Deuteronomy 9:1-7 deals with the then coming conquest of Canaan. And why were they to have conquest--because of their great righteousness? No! Note verses 4-6 where God said to them "Do not think in your heart . . . 'Because of my righteousness the Lord has brought me in to possess this land'; but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is driving them out from before you . . . the Lord your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness, for you are a stiff-necked people."

The land promise to Israel has long been fulfilled. Note verse 5. "It is not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart that you go in to possess the land, but that He may fulfill the word which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

Also, the promises God made to Israel were conditional. Joshua made this clear to the people when he told them "If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good" (Jos. 24:20). Although the people boldly proclaimed, "we will serve the Lord." they did not! Many times they worshiped other gods and acted in total disobedience until God finally and forever consumed them in A. D. 70. They were dispersed among the nations where they lost their identity, their Temple and city were destroyed, and they were never to be His people again!

The nation formed in 1948 is the creation of the United Nations and has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. They are not the Jews of the Old Testament. Furthermore, many are secular in their thinking and do not practice Judaism.

Along these same lines, what does the European union have to do with biblical prophecy?

Preterist

They are not the Jews of the Old Testament. Furthermore, many are secular in their thinking and do not practice Judaism.
Be careful! Bees with honey in their mouths, have stings on their
tails.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 PM

[quote=TheWordIsOne;6102565]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

They are not the Jews of the Old Testament. Furthermore, many are secular in their thinking and do not practice Judaism.
Be careful! Bees with honey in their mouths, have stings on their
tails.
The promises given to OT Jews does not apply to those who call themselves Jews today. Again, those promises have long been fulfilled. The "Jews" of today, like all peoples of all nations, need to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Preterist

Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,135 times
Lightbulb Jesus Laments over Jerusalem

[quote=Preterist;6102805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post

The promises given to OT Jews does not apply to those who call themselves Jews today. Again, those promises have long been fulfilled. The "Jews" of today, like all peoples of all nations, need to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Preterist
Maybe God has not forgotten Israel, but Israel has forgotten Jesus Is Messiah

Jesus Laments over Jerusalem
Israel my Jerusalem
Judah, my broken heart.
Jeremiah 50: 6, 5My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place.
I shall build the wall of fire.
They shall ask the way to Zion with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the LORD in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten.

Matthew 23:34-39 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest
them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:25 PM

395 posts, read 1,011,058 times
Okay - I'll tell you what. If somebody here has faith that the 7 years are upon us, let's sign a contract where you give me all your possession in 7 years. You won't need them after all

Old 11-11-2008, 02:30 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,281,758 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Sounds like what we, as Christians, should be striving for, on a personal level.
To end sin, seek forgiveness for our trespasses, seek His Righteousness, be Sealed by the Spirit, and walk into the holy Place.

Time to get busy!

Right On!!!
Amen

Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy2009 View Post
Okay - I'll tell you what. If somebody here has faith that the 7 years are upon us, let's sign a contract where you give me all your possession in 7 years. You won't need them after all

Yeah right!!
You can have mine, they won't matter to me or my household, if this will be
the case:
You might not want them, unless you are a believer.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
There is nothing secret about it.

We were given signs, many signs, when to begin anticipating the Lord's return. No one knows the exact day or time, but we were given the intelligence to discern when that time draws near.

Unfortunately for them, many people take the fact that we don't know the exact time as reason to ignore all Biblical reference to the Lord's return.

The Lord will help you understand it if you ask.

Like Emerill says "BAMM!!!
I'll now proceed to rep ya
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity