Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:06 AM

410 posts, read 1,107,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
It's like a secret society, it's all written in code and no one knows more then that, to be a part of this secret society you must believe in supernatural. Secret society talks in scriptures and quotes, the debate is never ending.

Keep on decoding!
There is nothing secret about it.

We were given signs, many signs, when to begin anticipating the Lord's return. No one knows the exact day or time, but we were given the intelligence to discern when that time draws near.

Unfortunately for them, many people take the fact that we don't know the exact time as reason to ignore all Biblical reference to the Lord's return.

The Lord will help you understand it if you ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 02:40 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,492,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
There is nothing secret about it.

We were given signs, many signs, when to begin anticipating the Lord's return. No one knows the exact day or time, but we were given the intelligence to discern when that time draws near.

Unfortunately for them, many people take the fact that we don't know the exact time as reason to ignore all Biblical reference to the Lord's return.

The Lord will help you understand it if you ask.
soonerguy: Where in the Bible were WE given signs to watch for?

Preterist

Old 11-09-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
This is the Seven Years Tribulation
Seven Years of captivity
Seventy *weeks are determined
For your people and for your holy city.
To make an end of sins,
To make reconciliation for iniquity,
To bring in everlasting righteousness,
To seal up vision and prophecy,
And to anoint the Most Holy.

There are seven signs before Christ return.

One, Israel Restored as a nation. * Pass

Two, The reunification of Europe.* Pass

The Great Commission is Now!
Three, The coming of the Anti -Christ. Next.

Forth, The rebuilding of the temple of Israel.

Five , The rise of one world religion.

Six, The invasion of Israel temple.

Seven, The battle of Armageddon. Megiddo.
TheWordIsOne: Where in the Bible do you get these seven signs?

One, Israel Restored as a nation. * Pass (Scripture?)

Two, The reunification of Europe.* Pass (Scripture?)

The Great Commission is Now! (Scripture?)
Three, The coming of the Anti -Christ. Next. (Scripture?)

Forth, The rebuilding of the temple of Israel. (Scripture?)

Five , The rise of one world religion. (Scripture?)

Six, The invasion of Israel temple. (Scripture?)

Seven, The battle of Armageddon. Megiddo. (Scripture?)
[/quote]

Thank you.

Preterist

Old 11-09-2008, 03:14 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,170,652 times

Old 11-09-2008, 03:35 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,204 times
The Bible says we will not know the time or the place. I think we have these signs so that we will know the time is drawing near. People started taking notice when Israel became a nation again, no one thought that would ever happen. To me it motivates me to be witnessing more since that is what we are supposed to be doing, not just worrying about ourselves.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
The Bible says we will not know the time or the place. I think we have these signs so that we will know the time is drawing near. People started taking notice when Israel became a nation again, no one thought that would ever happen. To me it motivates me to be witnessing more since that is what we are supposed to be doing, not just worrying about ourselves.
driftwoodpoint: Jesus was speaking to His first-century disciples when He spoke of not knowing the day or the hour. He did not say they would not know the time. On the contrary, He clearly gave THEM the time--"This generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place" (Matthew 24:34). All those things took place in that generation in which those disciples lived!

Preterist

Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
driftwoodpoint: Jesus was speaking to His first-century disciples when He spoke of not knowing the day or the hour. He did not say they would not know the time. On the contrary, He clearly gave THEM the time--"This generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place" (Matthew 24:34). All those things took place in that generation in which those disciples lived!

Preterist
And all "this" is taking place right now:
3. knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lust,
4. and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5. For this they willfully forgot: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water,
6. by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7. but the heavens and the earth which now exist are kept in store by the same word, RESERVED for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9. THE LORD IS NOT SLACK CONCERNING HIS PROMISE, AS SOME COUNT SLACKNESS, BUT IS LONGSUFFERING TOWARD US, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
(2 Peter 3:3-9)
Question? If ALL things has been fullfilled already, and we are now reigning with the King, here on earth, where is my mother who passed on 3 weeks ago? In her resurrected body? What, she's been reincarnated as what? One of the birds that sing outside my window in the morning? Or no, maybe as a lizard that my son like to catch? Do tell me please so I can go say, "Hi mom, you are back!" Sound absurd right? Well...............................

Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post

Preterist
And all "this" is taking place right now:

3. knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lust,
4. and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation."
5. For this they willfully forgot: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water,
6. by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water.
7. but the heavens and the earth which now exist are kept in store by the same word, RESERVED for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8. But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9. THE LORD IS NOT SLACK CONCERNING HIS PROMISE, AS SOME COUNT SLACKNESS, BUT IS LONGSUFFERING TOWARD US, NOT WILLING THAT ANY SHOULD PERISH BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE.
(2 Peter 3:3-9)

Question? If ALL things has been fullfilled already, and we are now reigning with the King, here on earth, where is my mother who passed on 3 weeks ago? In her resurrected body? What, she's been reincarnated as what? One of the birds that sing outside my window in the morning? Or no, maybe as a lizard that my son like to catch? Do tell me please so I can go say, "Hi mom, you are back!" Sound absurd right? Well.............................................. ........................that Christ has come already and done away with sin and is now reigning among us, sound just about the same. Absurd, to say the least. No, not here yet, coming soon, oh yeah, even at the door. Final answer!!!!!!!!

your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 11-09-2008, 11:01 PM

623 posts, read 1,817,227 times
I fail to see christians desire to live through the end of days. It will be a time of great suffering and pain, and Jesus is not coming back as a lamb but a lion--God's avenging messenger

Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 AM

[quote=TheWordIsOne;6075692]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
This is the Seven Years Tribulation

In my studies in seminary school I have learned they are seven signs before the return of Christ, there was a theologian that studies the seven seals and what did they mean. In his studies they were ancient symbols from ancient books, he had made to a video on this studies. I have written the INFO. in the studies, and search myself to see this is true. I have found between his study and biblical scriptures that could correspond with the study. I will show you two of what I found. The third you probably can find it in the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation .

One, Israel Restored as a nation
. State of Israel
May 14, 1948, Israel declared its independence. The new country's victory in the subsequent Arab-Israeli War expanded the borders of the Jewish state beyond those in the UN Partition Plan. Since then, Israel has been in conflict with many of the neighboring Arab countries, resulting in several major wars and decades of violence. Since its foundation, Israel's boundaries and even the State's very right to exist have been subject to dispute, although Israel has signed peace treaties with Egypt and Jordan, and efforts are being made to reach a permanent accord with the Palestinians.

Deuteronomy 9: 1 – 7 1Hear, O Israel: Thou art to pass over Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven,
2A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!
3Understand therefore this day, that the LORD thy God is he which goeth over before thee; as a consuming fire he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them down before thy face: so shalt thou drive them out, and destroy them quickly, as the LORD hath said unto thee.
4Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
5Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.
7Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.

Exodus 19: 5 – 6 5Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Two, The reunification of Europe.
Formed in 1957 Europe is the world's second-smallest continent in terms of area, covering about 10,180,000 square kilometres (3,930,000 sq mi) or 2.0% of the Earth's surface. The only continent smaller than Europe is Australia. Of Europe's 48 countries, Russia is the largest by both area and population, while the Vatican is the smallest. Europe is the third most populous continent after Asia and Africa with a population of 710,000,000 or about 11% of the world's population. However, the term continent can refer to a cultural and political distinction or a physiographic one, leading to various perspectives about Europe's precise borders, area and population.
Europe is the birthplace of Western culture. European nations played a predominant role in global affairs from the 16th century onwards, especially after the beginning of colonization. By the 17th and 18th centuries European nations controlled most of Africa, the Americas, and large portions of Asia. World War I and World War II led to a decline in European dominance in world affairs as the United States and Soviet Union took preeminence. The Cold War between those two superpowers divided Europe along the Iron Curtain. European integration led to the formation of the Council of Europe and the European Union in Western Europe, both of which have been expanding eastward since the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991.
The European Union (EU) is a political and economic community of twenty-seven member states with supranational and intergovernmental features, located primarily in Europe. It traces its origins to the European Economic Community (EEC) formed in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome between six European countries. Since then the EU has grown in size through the accession of new member states and has increased its powers by the addition of new policy areas to its remit. In 1993, the Maastricht Treaty established the current legal framework. The Lisbon Treaty signed in December 2007 initiates a ratification process in 2008 and is amending the existing treaties. It is intended to come into force on January 1, 2009.
The EU creates a single market by a system of laws which apply in all member states, guaranteeing the freedom of movement of people, goods, services and capital.[2] It maintains a common trade policy, agricultural and fisheries policies, and a regional development policy.[3] In 1999 the EU introduced a common currency, the euro, which has been adopted by thirteen member states. It has also developed a role in foreign policy, and in justice and home affairs. Passport control between many member states has been abolished under the Schengen Agreement.[4]With almost 500 million citizens, the EU generates an estimated 31% share of the world's nominal GDP (US$16.6 trillion) in 2007.[1] It represents its members in the WTO and observes at G8 summits and at the UN. Twenty-one EU countries are members of NATO. Important institutions of the EU include the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Council of the European Union, the European Council, the European Court of Justice and the European Central Bank. EU citizens elect the Parliament every five years.
TheWordIsOne: Again, what does 1948 have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy? What does Europe have to do with BIBLICAL prophecy?

Deuteronomy 9:1-7 deals with the then coming conquest of Canaan. And why were they to have conquest--because of their great righteousness? No! Note verses 4-6 where God said to them "Do not think in your heart . . . 'Because of my righteousness the Lord has brought me in to possess this land'; but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is driving them out from before you . . . the Lord your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness, for you are a stiff-necked people."

The land promise to Israel has long been fulfilled. Note verse 5. "It is not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart that you go in to possess the land, but that He may fulfill the word which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob."

Also, the promises God made to Israel were conditional. Joshua made this clear to the people when he told them "If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good" (Jos. 24:20). Although the people boldly proclaimed, "we will serve the Lord." they did not! Many times they worshiped other gods and acted in total disobedience until God finally and forever consumed them in A. D. 70. They were dispersed among the nations where they lost their identity, their Temple and city were destroyed, and they were never to be His people again!

The nation formed in 1948 is the creation of the United Nations and has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. They are not the Jews of the Old Testament. Furthermore, many are secular in their thinking and do not practice Judaism.

Along these same lines, what does the European union have to do with biblical prophecy?

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity