U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 02:38 PM

13,466 posts, read 21,220,101 times

Advertisements

My family would be taken care first as some of them are very needy..The very few debts I have would be paid off, so I would have more time to help people outside my immediate family..My work for the lord in furthering His gospel would be charitable without any strings attached for the recipients and without boasting or bragging or seeking anything for myself..Me and my works would be known only to God..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 04:35 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,472,258 times
We have all that we really need, and it is all payed for. All that needs done is some home repairs(Our house has some needs.).
As for furthering the gospel, I would like to help support Gospel preachers in countries that are eager for the word of God. Countries that welcome the word. Some of the African countries are in that category.
Feeding the needy would also be included in that effort.
Just feeding people with no effort to convert them is not what Jesus intended for us to do. He wants us to heal them spiritually.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:36 AM

5,408 posts, read 13,325,979 times
This is a good question and one that I have randomly thought about, but never completely resolved (not that it needs resolution since it is only a dream). One thing I would definitely do is buy a huge load of Bibles and distribute them freely, although I haven't decided where or in what manner to execute that mission. I would also buy lots of helpful (Biblically sound) literature and distribute it freely. Beyond that, more prayer and thought needs to be done.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,303,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
This is a good question and one that I have randomly thought about, but never completely resolved (not that it needs resolution since it is only a dream). One thing I would definitely do is buy a huge load of Bibles and distribute them freely, although I haven't decided where or in what manner to execute that mission. I would also buy lots of helpful (Biblically sound) literature and distribute it freely. Beyond that, more prayer and thought needs to be done.
That's a really good idea, Skyliner. I'm not sure how I would handle it either, just never gave much thought to it since it doesn't seem to be very likely. But....since we're just playing along here, I would get out of debt, of course, and use every bit of the rest of it (save money to live on) and give to the Lord. However He leads me, I will "dole out the money"!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,455,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
You don't even need a lot of money to do that. Every Halloween I get some tracts from my church or my dad's and I make a big sign on a poster board (bright neons are really great for this) and write on it: There's no candy, but here's a treat, Jesus love is pure and sweet! Posted it on my front door where the trick/treater's are sure to approach, make a little pocket below and stick the tracts in and pray that they take one. Unfortunately, this year, not one was taken. Well, at least I tried. Maybe next year.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:40 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,364,995 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I know this is a big "IF", but hopefully you all will play along.

What would you do? I'm just curious how other Christians would use the money. Would it go to your head and would you fall into worldly things such as new houses and cars, or would you remain the same, live the same and use all of the money for God's work?

I know how I would react, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to utilize it for God's work. I guess I'm just curious how others would use it for God's work...what you think would make the most difference.

Thoughts and ideas?

I'd pay my tithes and offerings first and then seed offerings (already committed to spreading the gospel to other country
buy my Pastor and His Wife a new house and car ( they helped us when we were down, they need one besides)
Make sure everyone in my ministry is not in lack of essentials;
Make sure my children are taken care of, family
Invest in the rest of it in
Start a security company that checked on the needs of the disabled veterans
who fought for this country and can't do for themselves
same for the elderly
children, small that need social service needs
wherever the needs were and I could afford to help;
Get a new car; new computer; pay off any bills
invest in some farmland and property..
buy me some new clothes

----------------

Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM

To the Op, since we're supposed to be playing along
How much money are we talking about here;
because for some of us a little more than what we have now is a lot of money$$$
Can you give us a hypothetical amount like $000,00000.00 (*_*)

Old 11-11-2008, 05:50 PM

[
Quote:
QUOTE=DayoftheLord;6081032]I know this is a big "IF", but hopefully you all will play along.

What would you do? I'm just curious how other Christians would use the money. Would it go to your head and would you fall into worldly things such as new houses and cars, or would you remain the same, live the same and use all of the money for God's work?

I know how I would react, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to utilize it for God's work. I guess I'm just curious how others would use it for God's work...what you think would make the most difference.

Thoughts and ideas?
[/quote]

\
DOTL;
I have a thought and an idea
Not doing what Annais and Sapphira did, would help
because no one would be able to spend it

Old 11-11-2008, 08:32 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,756,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
To the Op, since we're supposed to be playing along
How much money are we talking about here;
because for some of us a little more than what we have now is a lot of money$$$
Can you give us a hypothetical amount like $000,00000.00 (*_*)
I mean a LOT of money.....millions. Let's just say 20 million. The type of money that would entirely change most people's lives. I guess I should have specified in the op how much money, because the responses are not in line with what I was thinking.

Everyone would like to think that coming into millions would not change them, but I just wonder what would REALLY happen. Can we all say for certain that it wouldn't affect us and we would give it ALL to God's work? Me thinks that's why we're not all millionaires.

That's the point I was really trying to make.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:35 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,105,251 times
1. I will payoff all my bills and family bills
2. I would buy a home in the mountains to pray/fast to go on crusades in Argentina
3. I would purchase food/clothes for the poor
4. I would buy lots of bibles
5. spend money on going on trips for crusades/mission trips

20million
less than 3mil on family...
17 million making an impact.

I need to start collecting pearls not US dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or