U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,750,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
1. I will payoff all my bills and family bills
2. I would buy a home in the mountains to pray/fast to go on crusades in Argentina
3. I would purchase food/clothes for the poor
4. I would buy lots of bibles
5. spend money on going on trips for crusades/mission trips

20million
less than 3mil on family...
17 million making an impact.

I need to start collecting pearls not US dollars.
Yeah, no kidding!! 20 million US dollars isn't worth much anymore.

Ok, how about 20 million in gold, silver, pearls or diamonds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,098,996 times
pearls in heaven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Yeah, no kidding!! 20 million US dollars isn't worth much anymore.

Ok, how about 20 million in gold, silver, pearls or diamonds?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
pearls in heaven!
Well that's a given, Renriq!!! Personally I'm more anxious to see the streets of gold, and the multi-gemstone foundation but for now, we're talking about on this ol' rotten earth, not heaven just yet!!

Old 11-12-2008, 11:45 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,361,521 times
[
Quote:
QUOTE=DayoftheLord;6120133]I mean a LOT of money.....millions. Let's just say 20 million. The type of money that would entirely change most people's lives. I guess I should have specified in the op how much money, because the responses are not in line with what I was thinking.

Everyone would like to think that coming into millions would not change them, but I just wonder what would REALLY happen. Can we all say for certain that it wouldn't affect us and we would give it ALL to God's work? Me thinks that's why we're not all millionaires.

That's the point I was really trying to make.
[/quote]

Oh
Now I.. ahhh let me rethink this a little
The first thing I would do is call my ministry and have prayer0 with fasting
I still might have to go to the doctor, (VA is okay) and get checked out
to make sure, I was still in good health cardiovascular wise
Then I would go and wait to hear from the Lord
then I pay my tithes and do things in the order that I listed previously
Good post
"yeilding not to temptation may be easier said than done,, but I trust that God could strengthen me for this battle....
Oh, I would seriously help some of my brothers and sisters here on CD in their hardships,
or just take them all to lunch or dinner, and buy them something special...
I wouldn't get crazy and buy the forum or anything..... (mind wandering)))) <- prayer needed again (*_*)
as long as there no debates
I would send all of mine enemies a Christmas gift ( I mean the people that consider me their enemies)
got to clarify things again on this board, I don't want a simple joke or sarcasm taken literal, do I renriq?? D

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 11-13-2008 at 12:01 AM..

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 AM

4,791 posts, read 12,901,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Big Money Lotto - like $250M +
I already would inherit an $850,00 home in Wicker Park, Chicago. But maybe I'd get a condo in Houston too - to stay during winter. Then try to get married.
Keep my cars and get a used BMW 330 Ci ZHP 2003 to 2005 - that 's still kinda modest.
Start a business with some ideas I'd like to manufacture.
Start an affordable Sr Citizen housing service, maybe nonprofit just to benefit people.
Use income from my businesses and maybe some gov funding to have homeless shelters to get the homeless on their feet.
[SIZE=2]Use internet to spread Christianity?
Basically my idea is to take care of some of my personal comforts with some modesty, then start businesses so I can have a steady stream of money that will support my social and Christian projects.

Maybe I'd support Roman Catholic church projects, donate to churches, fight social injustice cases like Walmart's abuse of workers, etc...

Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,344,680 times
Well, if I was to get a large lump some, I would use it how God tells he how to use the money. But I God gave me the choose, I would like to travel with my church to africa. They really need help over there. I would also love to just ride down the road and see someone who needed help and just stop and give them money to help them. Or if I was at the gas station and the Holy Spirit directed me to fill someones tank up, that could only properly afford 5 or 10 dollars. I could do so much with more money.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Well, if I was to get a large lump some, I would use it how God tells he how to use the money. But I God gave me the choose, I would like to travel with my church to africa. They really need help over there. I would also love to just ride down the road and see someone who needed help and just stop and give them money to help them. Or if I was at the gas station and the Holy Spirit directed me to fill someones tank up, that could only properly afford 5 or 10 dollars. I could do so much with more money.
Hey Shawn, good ideas.....I would like to be able to help people at random too like you said at the gas station or wherever I saw a need. $10 can help someone so much sometimes. My cousin has been suffering terribly with her hours being cut in half, a husband that's not working and two children to take care of. She called me one afternoon and asked for help with gas. I was to meet her at the gas station, but she couldn't even get her truck to the station. It's a miracle she made it to work.

So I jumped in my jeep, picked her up and her gas can, and we went to the station. It only took $9 to fill up the can, a little money out of my pocket and it was a huge relief to her. It provided her a way home, and enough gas to get to work again. I'm sooooo thankful that I am able to drop everything and help anyone who needs it right then. I may be poor, but there is always someone else who is worse off.

Of course we don't need a lot of money, but I know that I sure could help a whole lot more people with it.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,344,680 times
Default I wish that I could do more

Yea, I help out with the little that I have. But I wish that I could do more. But God watches us and sees what we do with the little that we have. So, I hope that one day, that God will bless me with more than enough, so I can help people at random.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:36 AM

2,739 posts, read 7,644,888 times
To me $20,000 would be a fortune, but I think if I suddenly had $20-mil I'd find a way to help the poor people of the world, and at the same time bring the gospel to them.
My guess is that none of us on this forum has $20,000,000 in our piggy bank. But, I'd bet that most of us could afford to give $20 to some poor unfortunate person for food, gas, etc....it would be a great start. You could try mailing it to them with a note. Like: "God loves you, and so do I" Signed "Anonymous"...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or