U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,221,631 times

Advertisements

This was our last Sunday at the local middle school. We have met in the school buildings for about seven years. Our first building is finally finished and next Sunday will be the first Sunday there. We have a small congregation, about 160, but maybe 300-400 are coming. They said we didn't have enough to build and so we did a quick collection of pledges and got over a million. Amazing. We knew then God wanted us to build this complex. They are calling it Cobblestone Campus. They want the building to be used everyday. We have already bought and paid for 56 acres.
We are in a small college town and they are hoping the Navigator, Inter-Varsity and Campus Crusade groups will all use the building for meetings. They are hoping to open a counseling center also.
What does your church use it's building for???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 12:14 PM

396 posts, read 732,601 times
Our building is used for church, the rectory is for the Priests and Brothers. The offices for offices, and the classrooms for classrooms and youth group, although sometimes the youthgroup goes nextdoor to the church school and uses the gym or goes elsewhere for different occasions. Of course, our congregation is huge, so the church and school were built for us when we outgrew the church downtown (that was very small).

Old 11-09-2008, 01:10 PM

We are really hoping to open our building to the community. I'm hoping they will hold meetings. If we continue to grow we will build a bigger area for church and then this first building will be a counseling center and a women's emergency shelter and maybe a free store.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM

13,471 posts, read 21,252,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
We are really hoping to open our building to the community. I'm hoping they will hold meetings. If we continue to grow we will build a bigger area for church and then this first building will be a counseling center and a women's emergency shelter and maybe a free store.
Excellent use of the church buildings..For the gathering of the church to worship together and for the community
Too many buildings sit empty during the week, because a few think God lives there or that the building is Holy because it holds worship services when they can be used for the good of the community..
My opinion is that IF one thinks God dwells there, then He would certainly welcome all those who would come to His home for food, clothing, counseling, shelter, etc,everyday..

Old 11-09-2008, 02:51 PM

This is a young church but I love their concern for the lost.
They teach...Seek ~~~ Share~~~ Serve
And their motto is: Loving people into life changing encounters with God.
They do tons of things in the community which I just love. They are looking outward to the lost and not inward. I think they work hard on equiping the saints but the lost are why we are working.
It does seem sort of sad to see churches stand empty all week long. What a waste of that money and that space.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 7,483,688 times
Our small very modest building is used for the saints to assemble to worship God, just as the early Christian's homes were. It is a central and convenient location, out in the country. Occasionally it is used for weddings and funerals of the members. It is also used for special meetings with the hope of drawing in more of the local people to learn the doctrine of Christ.
It certainly did not cost anywhere near a million dollars, and wouldn't even now if it needed to be replaced. It is more than large enough for our purpose. We have had a building fund for a long time, but have not needed to use it. We dip into it for the needs of those who are sick or have lost a loved one.
Our faith is not based on the building we meet in.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:41 AM

173 posts, read 281,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horministries View Post
God Bless!Is my first time in this web and i taking this oportunity to ask some of you for a little help. We are loking for a empty building or empty church that allow us to celebrate our service. We are renting in a church but we feel that is time to move forward. Please if you think you can help us you can send me that information at horministries@verizon.net thanks, and God bless!

Just be careful there, you might have to share the same building as with a Catholic church!!

Oh you are Catholic too ..... Darn !!!! ...... ...

Old 07-04-2009, 06:54 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,356,365 times
Our church is used for a summer program for the kids, we feed the cummunity with our food program, we has classes, bible study, of course church, and we are looking to build a school and an after school program.

We also have a church in Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity