Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 01:53 PM

37,218 posts, read 60,933,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
... Do you ever enter parades and drive in those little cars while wearing a tasseled cone hat?
I have participated in parades, and I do wear a fez.

I also worship a singular deity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 03:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,711,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I have participated in parades, and I do wear a fez.

I also worship a singular deity.

LOL ...

I know, i know ... I just find it a little ironic, that's all ...

Old 10-31-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post

LOL ...

I know, i know ... I just find it a little ironic, that's all ...
I am not familiar with any of those images, but whatever makes you happy

Old 11-03-2010, 05:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,418,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
FWIW, the "Jesus is the only way" type Christians only make up 5% of the World's population..
source

Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Forestbeekeeper,

Thanks for the list.
You are welcome

Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 AM

32,529 posts, read 21,830,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
You study the Bible to denounce it?

I don't mind if sometimes I don't understand God, and if he's a mystery to me...

So if you argue against Jesus, he will also argue to God not to let you in Heaven! - I wouldn't risk that!
I think He said if anyone denounces Him He will also denounce him to his Father.
If you deniy me before man, I will deny you before the Father....Deny what exactly?...

Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
"I and the father are one" "He who has seen me has seen the father"~~ To me that shows that Christ is one with his Father. They are parts of a whole. God the father, Jesus the son and the Holy Spirit. All one with different roles. God is a mystery and no one will have this all figured out here on earth.
He is only a mystery if you want Him to be...The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God...Read the Old Testament...Since the Father is Holy so is His Spirit Holy...

Old 02-24-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
The Bible does mention several false gods, but I have never seen nor heard of a Bible that said Moses and Satan were gods. Satan was once an angel, but never a god.

Exo 7:1 And Jehovah said to Moses, See, I have made you a god to Pharaoh; and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.

Psa 82:1 A Psalm of Asaph God stands in the assembly of the mighty; He judges in the midst of the gods.
Psa 82:2 Until when will you judge unjustly, and lift up the faces of the wicked? Selah.
Psa 82:3 Judge the poor and fatherless; do justice to the afflicted and needy.
Psa 82:4 Deliver the poor and needy; save out of the hand of the wicked.
Psa 82:5 They neither know nor will understand; they walk in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
Psa 82:6 I have said, You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.
Psa 82:7 But you shall die as men, and fall like one of the rulers.
Psa 82:8 Rise, O God, judge the earth; for You shall inherit in all the nations.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Satan was an angel? Are you sure? Or are you listening to the church telling you that lucifer is satan? These are just more verses where the church is telling you what to believe. Where are the verses that plainly state that satan is lucifer and not someone`s interpretation that satan is lucifer?
I've read that Judaic thought was that HaSatan was a metaphor for the wicked desires of the flesh...Also that HaSatan was like a prosecuting attorney...Also that he was the adversary, tester a tool used by Hashem to develop man and test him...

Old 02-24-2013, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
John 8:58 (NIV) - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Jesus himself is speaking and calling himself the I AM, which is the name God told Moses to tell the people of Israel was his name, so they would know Moses spoke with God. God = I AM; Jesus = I AM.

Revelation 1:8 (NIV) - "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus revealed these words to John. This is Jesus speaking. Jesus is calling himself "The Almighty" which is what God called himself in OT. God = The Almighty; Jesus = The Almighty.

These two verses of many show that Jesus the Son and God the Father are ONE God, the same God. As this, IMO, refutes several of your points, I believe the rest can be dealt with similarly and therefore show that Jesus is Diety Supreme. Whether others agree or understand this is no reflection upon the truth of the matter -- that Jesus claimed he was God.
the Hebrew word that you are thinking of is Hawyaw and means 'I will exist/be'..Hayaw ashur hawyaw = I will be which I will be...This is not what Yeshua said...He said 'ego eemeh' = 'I am'...Not 'I exist'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity