Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,586,374 times

Advertisements

i was hoping someone would let me know soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I agree with you the Preterest belief does not come from the Bible. And don't worry you haven't missed Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:52 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times
Got to get the truth out!! Forget the reps, pray instead. Ask God to give me the strength that is needed to spread the message of His salvation. That there is still hope for the hopeless, that there is still rest, for the weary, that there is a Father for the fatherless and a mother for the motherless, that joy is on the way! Not that mess, that, he came already and this is it for us. That we somehow missed Him. That's the trick of the enemy! To remove the promise of His coming from within your hearts so when the enemy approaches, your powerless to do anything about it, your left hopeless, trodden down and beaten up. Oh no, not on my watch! There's still hope my friends, your real King is on the way! Just hold on a while longer and don't give up the fight! Run the race, endure to end! It ain't over until He comes! And He's coming soon.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Got to get the truth out!! Forget the reps, pray instead. Ask God to give me the strength that is needed to spread the message of His salvation. That there is still hope for the hopeless, that there is still rest, for the weary, that there is a Father for the fatherless and a mother for the motherless, that joy is on the way! Not that mess, that, he came already and this is it for us. That we somehow missed Him. That's the trick of the enemy! To remove the promise of His coming from within your hearts so when the enemy approaches, your powerless to do anything about it, your left hopeless, trodden down and beaten up. Oh no, not on my watch! There's still hope my friends, your real King is on the way! Just hold on a while longer and don't give up the fight! Run the race, endure to end! It ain't over until He comes! And He's coming soon.
AMEN Betsey! There is still hope and we must get the message out there to a hopeless dying world while there is still time! Because He is coming again, just as He promised.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:00 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,439,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
AMEN Betsey! There is still hope and we must get the message out there to a hopeless dying world while there is still time! Because He is coming again, just as He promised.
I'm geared up. Got the whole armor on! Let's go!

Old 11-10-2008, 08:17 PM

20,708 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
lol

humor me and please answer this question

Why would Angels tell the people that Jesus will come back in the same fashion he left in the sky?

Why would the Apostles speak about the 2nd coming?

What you're saying is REALLY FAR FETCHED, and it's definitely perverted doctrine, but believe what you want.
Hi renriq02,

Because you don't believe that. You believe that the whole world will see him come right? However Acts 1 says "men of Galilee". So what you believe does not exist in the Bible. In one case Jesus comes to save those who believe in him and if in like manner will be very local as in a few men of Galilee but then you fuse this together will tribes wailing and every eye. You also believe in a "second coming" failing to realize it is contextual with regard to save us and not to judge. Jesus was present to judge also and this was seen to be the case several times in Revelation 2 and 3. The second time I see mentioned is in Hebrews 9 where each man is appointed to die once and then Jesus comes for those that wait for him. You merrily go on your way with ridicule while leaving at the very least an apparent contradiction.

Hebrews 9
27And inasmuch as (CA)it is appointed for men to die once and after this (CB)comes judgment,
28so Christ also, having been (CC)offered once to (CD)bear the sins of many, will appear (CE)a second time for (CF)salvation (CG)without reference to sin, to those who (CH)eagerly await Him.
Jesus comes a second time without reference to sin but you have him going to war at this time. It makes absolutely no sense. Why don't you humor us and tell us how only a few men see him leave while he will return in like manner with the whole world seeing him. Why won't you also explain how he comes to judge while not coming back for sin.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
4. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying; and there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
5. Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."
6. And He said to me, "It is done!" I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.
7. "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
8. "But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." ( Rev. 21: 4-8 )

All
means all! Not some. To say all things have been fulfilled in 70 AD is "way out there" to say the least. His very nature is truth! HE cannot lie! If He said it, you better believe He's gonna do it!

Luke 21:27 states: "Then they will the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."
Matt. 24:30 states: "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, and they also who pierced Him. (when was He pierced?) And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

So, yes, these same clouds! He did'nt say it just once, but repeated several times. Who knows, maybe just in case, some might willfully come along and try to twist His Words perhaps? So every time He stated it, it's not to be taken literally? Really?

Not on your perceived timing, my friend. Take Him out of your "box". Your "box" of contexts. He's a WONDER!! A WONDER to behold! Come and meet this WONDER call Jesus Christ.
Hi Betsey Lane,

They did see him in the clouds both recorded by Josephus and Tacitus. Jesus said the high priest would see him but you believe Jesus failed to keep this promise. God also came in the clouds during the Babylonian event. Why don't you come up with an explanation of why this is different in this case.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:36 PM

There you go twisting the Word of God.
You say that ONLY the men of Galilee will be...but it doesnt say that.
The Angels of God were speaking in GENERAL

9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

These men of Galilee will see as they will rise up in the 2nd coming of Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi renriq02,

Because you don't believe that. You believe that the whole world will see him come right? However Acts 1 says "men of Galilee". So what you believe does not exist in the Bible. In one case Jesus comes to save those who believe in him and if in like manner will be very local as in a few men of Galilee but then you fuse this together will tribes wailing and every eye. You also believe in a "second coming" failing to realize it is contextual with regard to save us and not to judge. Jesus was present to judge also and this was seen to be the case several times in Revelation 2 and 3. The second time I see mentioned is in Hebrews 9 where each man is appointed to die once and then Jesus comes for those that wait for him. You merrily go on your way with ridicule while leaving at the very least an apparent contradiction.

Hebrews 9
27And inasmuch as (CA)it is appointed for men to die once and after this (CB)comes judgment,
28so Christ also, having been (CC)offered once to (CD)bear the sins of many, will appear (CE)a second time for (CF)salvation (CG)without reference to sin, to those who (CH)eagerly await Him.
Jesus comes a second time without reference to sin but you have him going to war at this time. It makes absolutely no sense. Why don't you humor us and tell us how only a few men see him leave while he will return in like manner with the whole world seeing him. Why won't you also explain how he comes to judge while not coming back for sin.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:38 PM

The bible is very clear in what happened with Jesus.

He was taking up ...and the Angels of God said that Jesus will return the same way.

End of story

Quote:
Hi Betsey Lane,

They did see him in the clouds both recorded by Josephus and Tacitus. Jesus said the high priest would see him but you believe Jesus failed to keep this promise. God also came in the clouds during the Babylonian event. Why don't you come up with an explanation of why this is different in this case.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I'm geared up. Got the whole armor on! Let's go!
This is truly pathetic in so many ways. This "dying world" is seeing massive growth in Christianity in Asia, Africa and Latin America just like Daniel 2 said would happen, to become a huge mountain. This does not seem to fit into the small world of American futurism who seem almost completely unaware of this. China is said to have about 70 million believers and growing and may become its dominant faith. You actually think God is going to interrupt his purpose? God is not in retreat He is advancing.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:48 PM

23,014 posts, read 34,376,254 times
Quote:
This is truly pathetic in so many ways. This "dying world" is seeing massive growth in Christianity in Asia, Africa and Latin America just like Daniel 2 said would happen, to become a huge mountain. This does not seem to fit into the small world of American futurism who seem almost completely unaware of this. China is said to have about 70 million believers and growing and may become its dominant faith. You actually think God is going to interrupt his purpose? God is not in retreat He is advancing.
I guess you are not a Christian? A Christian would never say telling people about Jesus is pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity