U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 AM

302 posts, read 467,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorahKeeper View Post
Believer's obey Yahuah's (God's) Word because they love Him and because it's written on their heart (Jeremiah 31) and because He says to obey it - that is if you want to be blessed and go into His Kingdom (Deuteronomy 28 & Revelation 22:14)!

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. This is my first post. I am a servant of Yahuah, a born-again believer in Yahushua (Jesus); grafted (Romans 11) into the family of Israel; therefore I am no longer Gentile (Ephesians 2:11-13) in Yahuah's eyes I am Israelite. And because I am part of the family of Israel through the blood of Messiah I seek to "walk as He walked" (1 John 2:6) - in TRUTH (2 John 1:4) which means obeying His Word from Genesis to Revelation. As a believer I know the "law" of animal sacrifice has been fulfilled by His sacrifice YET I also know that my Messiah said He did not come to do away with the Law, Prophets & Psalms (Matthew 5) THEREFORE because He says that if I love Him I will obey Him (John 14:15-24) then I seek, by the power of the Holy Spirit within me, to do just that by living according to His Word - the Torah which actually means instruction or teaching!

Shalom!
Welcome! Jesus said:

"My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and DO IT." Luke 8:21 RSV

"For whoever DOES THE WILL of my father in heaven is my brother, and sister, and mother." Matthew 12:50 RSV

Those people who have faith in Jesus and obey the commandments of God are my brothers and sisters, too.

Donna Kupp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:07 PM

988 posts, read 1,577,951 times
Quote:
Believer's obey Yahuah's (God's) Word because they love Him and because it's written on their heart (Jeremiah 31) and because He says to obey it - that is if you want to be blessed and go into His Kingdom (Deuteronomy 28 & Revelation 22:14)!

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. This is my first post. I am a servant of Yahuah, a born-again believer in Yahushua (Jesus); grafted (Romans 11) into the family of Israel; therefore I am no longer Gentile (Ephesians 2:11-13) in Yahuah's eyes I am Israelite. And because I am part of the family of Israel through the blood of Messiah I seek to "walk as He walked" (1 John 2:6) - in TRUTH (2 John 1:4) which means obeying His Word from Genesis to Revelation. As a believer I know the "law" of animal sacrifice has been fulfilled by His sacrifice YET I also know that my Messiah said He did not come to do away with the Law, Prophets & Psalms (Matthew 5) THEREFORE because He says that if I love Him I will obey Him (John 14:15-24) then I seek, by the power of the Holy Spirit within me, to do just that by living according to His Word - the Torah which actually means instruction or teaching!

Shalom!

Hello Torahkeeper, welcome to the war

I can relate to all that you said above. Isn't it true that no one keeps all of Torah? We all make a list of the things we think apply to us and keep them.

Some lists are very long and some are very short. However, those whose list does not include the ten commandments have no hope of salvation.

HK

"Fight the good fight"

Old 08-13-2009, 02:32 PM

4,751 posts, read 6,190,244 times
Quote:
As a believer I know the "law" of animal sacrifice has been fulfilled by His sacrifice YET I also know that my Messiah said He did not come to do away with the Law, Prophets & Psalms (Matthew 5) THEREFORE because He says that if I love Him I will obey Him (John 14:15-24) then I seek, by the power of the Holy Spirit within me, to do just that by living according to His Word - the Torah which actually means instruction or teaching!

Shalom!
So, do you still offer animal sacrifices? Elaborate, please.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 AM

4,083 posts, read 4,309,050 times
Christians are not Jews. You need to be born to a Jewish mother or convert to Judaism. Christians are followers of Jesus and he was a Jew, as were his followers but there was a split and Judaism went one way and Christianity another. Christians took the Jewish bible and then added the New Testament. So Christians do obey the Jewish Bible although they changed it for their needs. Messianic Jews are not Jews they are Christians. Christians have a different belief system that is not compatible with the Jewish tradition. Jesus did not see himself as a Christian he saw himself as a Jew and he followed the Jewish Tradition. It was with Paul that the split occurred with Judaism because he believed that followers of Jesus were exempt from the law.

Jews do not offer animal sacrifices.

What folks who have questions about Judaism ought to do is go get a book about Judaism and do a bit of reading. An intro to judaism would be a start.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:33 AM

5,137 posts, read 15,126,608 times
Christians ARE Jews

do you not read the bible?

The Apostles were Jewish...the first 3,000 people were JEWISH

Messianic Jew is another form of saying Christian

The Apostles did not stop being Jewish after they believed in Jesus

Being Jewish isn't about just making animal sacrifices as that was hard to do after the veil was torn.

The REASON Jesus came to earth was to show the Jewish people the Messiah THAT THE JEWISH RELIGION taught about.

Most of the teachings in the New Testament CAME from the Old Testament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Christians are not Jews. You need to be born to a Jewish mother or convert to Judaism. Christians are followers of Jesus and he was a Jew, as were his followers but there was a split and Judaism went one way and Christianity another. Christians took the Jewish bible and then added the New Testament. So Christians do obey the Jewish Bible although they changed it for their needs. Messianic Jews are not Jews they are Christians. Christians have a different belief system that is not compatible with the Jewish tradition. Jesus did not see himself as a Christian he saw himself as a Jew and he followed the Jewish Tradition. It was with Paul that the split occurred with Judaism because he believed that followers of Jesus were exempt from the law.

Jews do not offer animal sacrifices.

What folks who have questions about Judaism ought to do is go get a book about Judaism and do a bit of reading. An intro to judaism would be a start.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:28 PM

Christians are NOT Jews. Christians believe Jesus is the son of Gd and he isnt. Jews believe the messiah is yet to come. You need to be born of a Jewish mother or convert to Judaism. Christianity is a very differerent religion and you cant be both....

The early Christians were origianally Jewish but they split from Judaism and thus from Judaism. Unless all Christians were born of a jewish mother or converted to Judaism they are NOT Jewish.

You cant be both.

Christians took the Hebrew scriptures which are the Tanakh and distorted it to prove what they think is true. The Jews have always had the Hebrew scriptures and it is our book.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:37 PM

>>Being Jewish isn't about just making animal sacrifices as that was hard to do after the veil was torn.<<

Jews don't do sacrifices and since the destruction of the temple Judaism has evolved to allow us to remain Jewish in the diaspora. You would do well to read about Judaism and then you will have an idea what you are talking about.

>>The REASON Jesus came to earth was to show the Jewish people the Messiah THAT THE JEWISH RELIGION taught about.<<

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world—on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

None of these things have happened.

According to Jewish sources, the Messiah will be born of human parents and possess normal physical attributes like other people. He will not be a demi-god, nor will he possess supernatural qualities.

The Messiah must be descended on his father’s side from King David (see Genesis 49:10 and Isaiah 11:1).

According to the Christian claim that Jesus was the product of a virgin birth, he had no father—and thus could not have possibly fulfilled the messianic requirement of being descended on his father’s side from King David!

Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 AM

435 posts, read 1,050,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
I mean, are you Jewish, too? Is Christianity a sect of Judaism? Then again, the religion is named for a Jewish man, so I guess it makes sense.
We are not jews. We are christians. Jews have their place in scripture, and Christians have their own place. One may have given birth to the other, but their two different faiths, with fundamental opposing views: Most importants we believe Jesus to be the Christ, jews dont and because of that are technically unbelievers. There are certain common beliefs we share, but there are also fundamental ideologies we dont. From a christian and the bible point of view we play different roles and both jews and christians will all be saved at the end by the same Person yes, but in two different ways.

Old 08-30-2009, 01:58 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,646,402 times
christianity is a jewish sect albeheit not a well received one.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:38 AM

15,767 posts, read 22,880,560 times
Jews and Christians read the same Bible, with the exception of the New
Testament,after the birth of Christ, that as far as I know, those of the
Jewish faith don't believe ever occured, correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or