Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:12 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,621,075 times

Advertisements

It's the only thing I can figure, the only thing that makes sense of a nonsensical belief. Why would anyone tell people to go sin and live it up and not to worry about accepting Jesus Christ unless they wanted them to go to hell? So that tells me that since Satan wants the same thing then the doctrine of universal salvation is the devil's doctrine.

UR ignores everything the Bible has to say about hell and it's reality and it's telling people they will be saved eventually anyway so everything is pie in the sky, hunky dorey, no worries. If there were ever anything to worry about it is salvation through Jesus Christ RIGHT NOW, in this life.

If you're reading this and you aren't saved, please don't believe the lies of UR and think you're going to get off scott free no matter what you do or believe in this life. It's not true according to God's Word, the Bible, so please accept Jesus' free gift of salvation to live a better life now and to live an eternal life with Jesus. There's nothing better than having a relationship with Jesus Christ right now, it's the only thing that matters. If you feel a void or hole in your being, Jesus can fill that. You will be complete.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:20 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
It's the only thing I can figure, the only thing that makes sense of a nonsensical belief. Why would anyone tell people to go sin and live it up and not to worry about accepting Jesus Christ unless they wanted them to go to hell? So that tells me that since Satan wants the same thing then the doctrine of universal salvation is the devil's doctrine.

UR ignores everything the Bible has to say about hell and it's reality and it's telling people they will be saved eventually anyway so everything is pie in the sky, hunky dorey, no worries. If there were ever anything to worry about it is salvation through Jesus Christ RIGHT NOW, in this life.

If you're reading this and you aren't saved, please don't believe the lies of UR and think you're going to get off scott free no matter what you do or believe in this life. It's not true according to God's Word, the Bible, so please accept Jesus' free gift of salvation to live a better life now and to live an eternal life with Jesus. There's nothing better than having a relationship with Jesus Christ right now, it's the only thing that matters. If you feel a void or hole in your being, Jesus can fill that. You will be complete.
However...you may wonder what it is that will send you to hell in the first place so make sure to do all thing from all denominations just to make sure...

Love God and love each other as yourself.... these are the greatest of commandments and you can never go wrong with them....

Old 03-28-2010, 11:26 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Love God and love each other as yourself.... these are the greatest of commandments and you can never go wrong with them....

Amen.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:33 PM

Yes, they are the greatest of commandments so how can UR's willingly, hatefully, spitefully, selfishly and knowingly send people to hell when God has offered His Only Son Jesus Christ as the only way to avoid that? I never hear UR's talking of the love of Christ who died on the cross for our sins. The GREATEST love of all time yet I never hear any UR's speaking of the gospel and how important it is to accept Jesus as Savior. That's hate, not love.

Edit to add: Did anyone else notice there was no denial??

Old 03-28-2010, 11:40 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Yes, they are the greatest of commandments so how can UR's willingly, hatefully, spitefully, selfishly and knowingly send people to hell when God has offered His Only Son Jesus Christ as the only way to avoid that? I never hear UR's talking of the love of Christ who died on the cross for our sins. The GREATEST love of all time yet I never hear any UR's speaking of the gospel and how important it is to accept Jesus as Savior. That's hate, not love.

Edit to add: Did anyone else notice there was no denial??
They are probably tired of repeating the same things over and over.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:41 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Those who plug their ears cannot hear...LOL

URers state that the sacrifice Christ made was GOOD enough to save all men... such that Christ's love for his fellow man caused him to say to God.. I will do it father, I will save all me by giving my life.... HE loved his fellow man so much that he gave his life to save all men.

I can't imagine giving my life intending to save all men but only saving a few... do you really think that Christ did all that to just give men a choice? or did he do all that to save the world as he had intended?

Think about it Ilene... URers claim that God so loved the World that he sent his only begotten son... to save the world.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Those who plug their ears cannot hear...LOL

URers state that the sacrifice Christ made was GOOD enough to save all men... such that Christ's love for his fellow man caused him to say to God.. I will do it father, I will save all me by giving my life.... HE loved his fellow man so much that he gave his life to save all men.

I can't imagine giving my life intending to save all men but only saving a few... do you really think that Christ did all that to just give men a choice? or did he do all that to save the world as he had intended?

Think about it Ilene... URers claim that God so loved the World that he sent his only begotten son... to save the world.
Those that put blinders on cannot see....LOL

UR's state?? What does the Bible say?? Oh right, UR's don't believe what the Bible says because they're serving some other god so it can't be the same Jesus either. Same name, different god. Jesus Christ of the Bible DID die to save all, but the rub is.....not all accept him do they? And what does the Bible say about that? The most famous verse of the Bible and UR's still don't get it:

John 3:16
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You even put your own spin on this verse!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Yes, I would say this is true.
If someone posted a thread entitled "sparrow eats live puppies for breakfast", I would probably have a thing or two to say about it.

However... by about the 14th or 15th time I've been accused of eating live puppies for breakfast...I'm probably just going to feel bad that someone out there actually thinks I eat live puppies for breakfast, and just hope that God wraps His loving arms around that person and helps them to understand that I'm not, in fact, eating live puppies for breakfast. Because at this point, I do not think there is much I could say to convince this person of the truth about me. It is at this point, that I would have to say "Father, it is in your hands."

peace..
Hope that made sense.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:37 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

Old 03-29-2010, 12:41 AM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Yes, I would say this is true.
If someone posted a thread entitled "sparrow eats live puppies for breakfast", I would probably have a thing or two to say about it.

However... by about the 14th or 15th time I've been accused of eating live puppies for breakfast...I'm probably just going to feel bad that someone out there actually thinks I eat live puppies for breakfast, and just hope that God wraps His loving arms around that person and helps them to understand that I'm not, in fact, eating live puppies for breakfast. Because at this point, I do not think there is much I could say to convince this person of the truth about me. It is at this point, that I would have to say "Father, it is in your hands."

peace..
Hope that made sense.
oh.... no ... you do WHAT

I hear yah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity