Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,032,283 times

Advertisements

I find it appalling that anyone would think that Obama would need more prayer than, oh, I don't know---MCCAIN?

Since when do Republicans have a direct line to God? Since when are Republicans so self-righteous and holy? I can name time after time when Republican leaders and policies have been diametrically opposed to God.

Personally, I am sick to death of this attitude that somehow one political group is more in tune with God than another. And no, I'm not a Democrat. I got sick of the Republican Party in the 80's and left. The thought of becoming a Democrat made me want to vomit so I became an Independent. Fact is, people, that God is not a Republican, neither is He a Democrat.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:37 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,076,812 times
[quote=rifleman;6150240]Freedom and others,
Also, I desperately hope Ms. Palin regroups and returns, despite the media's mean-spirited and highly biased attack-dog fear tactics once they realized how dangerous she was. If she applies herself to learning whatever she needs to put Katie Couric in her proper place, and possibly stops droppin' her "g"s (just for appearance' sake of course!), it will all be too much for fundamentalist Dems! They'll have nowhere to hide!

You just like her "guns" Rifleman! lol

Old 11-14-2008, 10:14 AM

116 posts, read 331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
The fact that he re-soles his shoes when they wear out is evidence he isnt about money and frivolous, he is responsible.
Again, can anyone find any evidence anywhere that says that any of the other candidates do not? It's an unfair judgment to make toward others when there is no proof. I'm not saying he isn't responsible, and that he isn't good with money (then again, I'm not saying that he is, either...), I'm just pointing out that everyone is basing these things on one side alone without proof that the other side isn't the same. Again: Not that it matters much. The election is over, he is our new president elect, and I WILL pray for him because he's going to need it. Not that I, or anyone else, wouldn't have, or didn't, pray for McCain or the others (as someone suggested). To assert such a thing is ridiculous.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:21 AM

116 posts, read 331,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I find it appalling that anyone would think that Obama would need more prayer than, oh, I don't know---MCCAIN?

Since when do Republicans have a direct line to God? Since when are Republicans so self-righteous and holy? I can name time after time when Republican leaders and policies have been diametrically opposed to God.

Personally, I am sick to death of this attitude that somehow one political group is more in tune with God than another. And no, I'm not a Democrat. I got sick of the Republican Party in the 80's and left. The thought of becoming a Democrat made me want to vomit so I became an Independent. Fact is, people, that God is not a Republican, neither is He a Democrat.
No one ever said Republicans have a direct line to God. If you want the truth, everyone has a direct line to God if they would just "pick up the phone". I know plenty of Republicans that aren't even Christians. No, I will never assert that one political party is more in tune with God than another. That's just stupid. I will, however, not hesitate to say that one candidate might be more in line with Gods ideals than another. Candidate, as in an individual with individual thoughts and ideas, separate from their respective party. I'm a Republican, but if the Democratic nominee was more in line with Gods ideals than the Republican one, you can be SURE I'd vote for the Dem. Why? GOD comes first, and I'll ALWAYS vote that way.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:43 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,066,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Also, I desperately hope Ms. Palin regroups and returns
Me too! I think it would be great for the democrats..

Quote:
despite the media's mean-spirited and highly biased attack-dog fear tactics once they realized how dangerous she was.
Can someone please explain to me what was mean-spirited?

Quote:
If she applies herself to learning whatever she needs to put Katie Couric in her proper place
Yes Palin.. please have an understanding of what you read.. please research one Supreme Court case. I know the bar is set low for you Palin.. but at least try next time.

Quote:
it will all be too much for fundamentalist Dems! They'll have nowhere to hide!
I'm neither democrat or republican. However, I feel quite confident in saying the dems.. hope and pray that Palin is the republican nominee in 2012.

Old 11-14-2008, 10:51 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,882,577 times
This one is off-topic and has been hijacked in a vein not intended by the OP.

My apologies to sandgirl for not doing a better job of moderation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.