Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times

Advertisements

WoW!!!
I don't even have words for this. lol I think this is the first time in my life I don't know what to say. lol
Just observing. Thx

Are you all a certain sect? I thought Obama WAS a christain? Why would you pray for him and not with him? Is there different Gods or something? Confused?????
I thought christain meant believing that Jesus Christ was the son of god? Am I wrong here. Doesn't Obama believe the same thing? Why are you unhappy?
Just learning. Thanks

Old 11-12-2008, 09:08 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,548,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
WoW!!!
I don't even have words for this. lol I think this is the first time in my life I don't know what to say. lol
Just observing. Thx

Are you all a certain sect? I thought Obama WAS a christain? Why would you pray for him and not with him? Is there different Gods or something? Confused?????
I thought christain meant believing that Jesus Christ was the son of god? Am I wrong here. Doesn't Obama believe the same thing? Why are you unhappy?
Just learning. Thanks
No, we are certainly not 'all a certain sect'

And no, being a Christian is a lot more than just believing that Jesus Christ was/is the Son of God! Even the demons believe and tremble. That does not make them Christians!

Old 11-12-2008, 01:28 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Obama stands on the opposite side of many moral issues of the believers. Some of his past associations have been with communists, marxists, abortionists and black liberation theolgy. Looking at these facts there is much reason for concern. What as believers should we do???

First, I think we should remember that from before the foundation of the Republic, Godly men and women have cried out to the Lord for mercy and blessing on this land the Lord brought us to. We should remember, it is the Lord who searches hearts and minds and knows them.

Like it or not as of Jan 20 2009 he is our president. The Lord knows what is in Obama's heart and mind, we do not.

Many believers in this country are getting visions, dreams and/or a knowing in the spirit that terrible judgements are about to come on our nation. Again, what should we do?

I think we should begin to fast and pray for mercy for our nation and new president and that the Lord would give him the wisdom and courage to do God's will for our land. What do you think?
If you really believe this, then you could always move. Maybe all the fundies can move to Alaska, succeed from the Union, and be happy under President Palin. I'm willing to rip a star off my flag for the cause

Old 11-12-2008, 03:58 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,965 times
America is not a Theocracy. As an American no matter what you think, we have Separation of Church and State.

As a Christian I am offended by your words about Obama. Obama is a Christian.

Jesus did not like Hypocrites, who does? I think Palin and McCain are hypocrites so I did not vote for them alright? They never even said why I should vote for them except hurling hateful smear and insinuations at Obama.

Example 1: Palin said Obama hung out with terrorist and he is anti-american. Yet her husband was a member of AIP, and she talks at their events and supports them, yet they hate our flag, our laws and went to IRAN and got sponsored to plead to get help seceding Alaska before the UN.

Among AIP's members is Norm Olsen, Founder of the Michigan Militia, who moved to Alaska just to join AIP-- who was Timothy McVeigh's Mentor in their self-proclaimed war against the United States for revenge for Waco, what did that result in? The Oklahoma City Bombing.

sarah palin alaska independence party AIP - Google Search
Alaskan Independence Party

Example 2: McCain is good friends with convicted felon Gordon Liddy

G. Gordon Liddy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have a problem with them having these connections because a family member had a baby killed in the Oklahoma City Bomb. I do not like extremist who attract the crazy right fringe.

The same reason I do not like Sally Kern
ever read this?

Pam's House Blend:: Letter From Tucker (http://www.pamshouseblend.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=4756 - broken link)

And to clear it up there is NO truth to Obama being a Muslim, he is a Christian, ones faith is a CHOICE. And Obama denounced and explained any questions people had about all of it. Yet, McCain and Palin and his supporters still hypocritically went on attack mode.
Most Everything they were attacking Obama with, they were guilty of. Yet they did not denounce those things or explain them.

There is proof to McCains And Palin's anti-American activity's

If Palin wanted me to think otherwise she would have denounced AIP, but she did not. If McCain wanted me to think otherwise, he would have said it wasnt okay to hang out with Gordan Liddy, but he didn't, he defended his friend right there on an interview with Letterman.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Letter...iddy_1017.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3BCajchD8
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Sarah Palin doesnt know if bombing an abortion clinic is Terrorism or not !

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/10/23/...linic-bombers/

Another thing I think Obama lives a more christian life, he is obviously a calm nice man. He has had one wife. While McCain cheated on his wife, left her when she was no longer pretty from a car wreck, got with a younger woman before the divorce was final and married her in another state. That is bigamy and adultery! Oh my, no way!!

mccain bigamy - Google Search

McCain does not support our troops
mccain votes against veterans - Google Search

And then there is Cindy..

Cindy McCain Lobbys against MADD
Cindy McCain against MADD - Google Search

Cindy McCain war profits
Cindy McCain war profits - Google Search

Cindy McCain Drug Problem
Cindy McCain drugs - Google Search

And More on Christians:

Woe to the Hypocrites

Bible Study - Hypocrites

How can I support Obama and be a Christian because of the abortion issue?

Less abortions happened under Clinton than Bush SR and Bush Jr, because when women and children are supported with good programs, sexual education and a good economy, less women opt to have abortions. Clinton had abortions to an all time low in fact.

SojoMail
'I'm Catholic, staunchly anti-abortion, and support Obama | National Catholic Reporter

The other reason I voted against McCain and for Obama is I dont believe in the war in Iraq, it is killing innocent children and our soldiers, no WMD were found, its time to get out, but McCain said he see's us there 100 years.

During the elections I heard the MOST EVIL things come out of so called Christian's mouths.

On Economy: Trickle down economics do not work. Everytime the repubs have used it, it has resulted in Recession or economic collapse. And the repubs seem to like war. I dont mind an extra 3% on my taxes above 250K because we pay more than that in the end under the repubs in market loss, inflation on everything, and prices at the gas pumps. Why not use a plan that works the way Clintons did, his economic policys were good, he balanced the budget, didn't super inflate the national debt and sat over the longest economic boom in USA History. Under a plan such as that the middle class thrives, poor people are out of poverty, and the business and rich people do good as well. We need something like that right now.. things are looking really bad in case you haven't noticed.

And one last thing, Sarah Palin's churches scared me!! She was into a WITCH-HUNTER and they are end-timers. Not someone I want with the Nuke Codes.

End-Times Prophecies and More: How Electing Sarah Palin Endangers Your Life Think Left. Live Right.

I have other reasons too.. Obama's healthcare is better,
Obama supports Autism-- when Palin said she did but she was going to hurt Autism.
Memo To Sarah Palin: Fruit Fly Research Has Led To Advances In Understanding Autism - iReport.com

-- But to answer your hypocritical question ------- Pray for Obama and the success of this great nation.

Last edited by chasingclouds; 11-12-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2008, 04:41 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
If you really believe this, then you could always move. Maybe all the fundies can move to Alaska, succeed from the Union, and be happy under President Palin. I'm willing to rip a star off my flag for the cause

I can trace my ancestors back to the revolutionary war. My family runs to the battle not away from the battle.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
No, we are certainly not 'all a certain sect'

And no, being a Christian is a lot more than just believing that Jesus Christ was/is the Son of God! Even the demons believe and tremble. That does not make them Christians!

Right on, Marian

Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Chasing Clouds, you made some very good points. God bless.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,153,412 times
Quote:

Twiggy, all Christians do not agree on this. Many believe that Obama is a Christian as he professes. All Christians do not agree on each and everything.

More on Obama's faith
Matthew 25 Network (http://matthew25.org/quotes.htm - broken link)

God bless.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:43 PM

321 posts, read 679,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedrsaved View Post
Obama is a politician. He did what he had to do to get elected. He painted a negative picture and blamed it all on Bush and the republicans. Furthermore, he offered himself as the one who will turn his negative picture, into a positive one.

He is a BSer, as are most politicians. It's a dirty business, a legalized scam.

Most politicians live in a very tight group of the wealthy and wordly. I know this to be true from first hand observation.

They keep their private lives very secretive. They consider most people to be commoners and only the wealthy and worldly-influential to be important. Every one else is/are simply there for their own purposes.

We should pray for his soul, and for all the lost. America is on it's last leg. Not because of the economy, but because of the falling away.

All the kings horses and all the kings men, can not put America back together again. But the Church must pray and love all people, hate all evil, and love doing the commandments of our LORD JESUS.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:01 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,079,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Twiggy, all Christians do not agree on this. Many believe that Obama is a Christian as he professes. All Christians do not agree on each and everything.

More on Obama's faith
Matthew 25 Network (http://matthew25.org/quotes.htm - broken link)

God bless.
Thanks ShanaBrown, this religion thing is new to me. I'm finding it fascinating how different people are from belief to belief. I to looked at Obama as a very religious man. To the point that he questions state and country about its morals even though it makes people upset. I would've thought many religious people would have been rejoicing about him becoming president. No president for or not for abortion ever does anything legally about it. So I don't know why that is an issue.

So thanks for your answer again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity