U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 05:09 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,376,101 times

Advertisements

I see in these forums that we are lovers of poets. We love the good of God, I think sometimes we lose sight of certain things in our life, I thought that the body of Christ is whole and not separated.
How can we come together to meet Christ and we so apart from each other. How do we meet such an awesome God if there is division within the body, don't you know at this moment he is look in at each individual to call himself a Christian, but we do need to come together, Christ is soon coming as you see events happening on earth things are changing people crying out for change, nations against nations even then and we are great Society. Why do we focus on particular scriptures, but not the whole Bible as a whole, what I mean we have so interested in the New Testament. We know that God has an abomination all sacrifice and offering so that we can come to him direct. He is not forgotten the past he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow we know that it is going to be a judgment day, do we know who are saved and who are not. we need to hope and cry out to God every day. Do you know you awesome power and the might of the God of the universe is, we have not seen his mighty works yet, but yet we argue about menial things. Jehovah God is so brilliant with light, no sin or man can get near or see him, that death is instant. So as we see in our sinful nature we cannot come to God in any form, no flesh can please God, neither our works nor deeds, or sacrifices, nothing at all can please God. We are so lost in our condition, we might think our goods will out weigh our bad deeds, but one thing we must not forget; we still have a sinful nature. We need something awesome to redeem us from our sinful nature; something must change in our lives. So what is the answer, our solution? What can God do to change our nature, he is so brilliant with light, and nothing is unapproachable to him, instant death. God is going to do something to make us righteous and pure, to make us his sons and daughters and may reign with him forever and ever. He gives us a new birth, in this birth he gives us a new heart and a right spirit within that we will walk in his statues and commandments. He saves us from grace, he gives us something we do not deserve, and by grace we are saved. In his grace as a child he begins to discipline us, punishes the wicked, and brings us back, but still our sins must be Justify for, the wages of sin is death. God makes a decision of sending a substitute, one person to take the penalty for all sins, for all mankind, for all ages. Jesus Christ stands for our sins as the substitute. He put all of our guilt, all our shame, burdens, and sins on him. All we have done from birth to adulthood, every miserable, dirty, rotten sin on Jesus Christ, starting from Adam, Noah and us.
Romans 3: 25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
This means for the Old Testament, shedding of blood, covering of skins, and sacrifice, was a foreshadowing of what was to come. Jesus will be the final sacrifice, from Adam to the cross, all sins were stored up, and then God punished all sins from Adam to the time of the cross, once and for all in one person, Jesus Christ. Likewise he punished Jesus for all sin of all mankind to the present and eternity. So that when we think of the sacrifice of Jesus, it is the sacrifice of the Son of God for mankind, all the sin was placed upon Jesus and he paid the penalty. What makes a person acceptable in the eyes of God, the realization that only Jesus Christ can atone our sins. His son was the ultimate sacrifice, nothing can be done, and we cannot be saved, unless we go through the sacrifice he gave for our sins. He judged his only Son, who was absolutely just, totally sinless, perfect, pure, righteous, just like God and God condemned him, all his wrath would come upon him. Why would God do that if there was any other way, God made no other way? Not by works of righteousness but by his mercy only can we be saved? The Son of God, his death at Calvary that makes you acceptable and just in the eyes of God. Jesus had to be crucified, death had to be an outside source, to get sick and die would have been a violation of God’s principle. The public crucifixion was a public demonstration of God’s hatred for sin, and God’s love for mankind. His public crucifixion was a demonstration between two thieves, this awesome God allowing his son the full impact of judgment upon him. Publically, those who loved and hated him saw it; God was demonstrating publically what his justice against sin, his love for mankind. Jesus said he is saying yesterday, today and tomorrow, These are his words.

We read in Romans 9: 15 I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

In Matthew 9: 13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

In Luke 1: 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

In Daniel 9: 4 And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God , keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;

Exodus 33: 19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. As we see God the Father.

Let’s look at three choices, of Justice and Mercy.

Choice number one. For the righteousness of God, the father, because he is holy and Just, God’s in his holiness, for the wages of sin is death. What death is God taking about?

Romans 6: 23 So God the Father will have to eliminate all life, because, Gods’ holiness and Righteousness demand Justice for all sin, and God would have to put humanity in HELL forevermore. End of story, no mercy.

Choice number Two. Mercy without Justice and no Laws. We will sin for ever and ever, humanity would be miserable, and the world would be in chaos. Because of sin the curse will continue on the earth for ever and ever. Humanity will have depleted all its’ resources and finally enslaved itself. Men with all his technology and science will finally realize there will be no solution to solve the population of the earth. This is why it is so important to have a savior, to save us from ourselves.
This is the reason, Jesus Christ came down from heaven to earth to punish the wicked and save his people from their sins, to bring back stability and the truth and righteousness, for our purpose.
That we may serve God with, true and in love, God of the universe. There is only one mentor and one God, and his name is Jesus Christ savior, anointed one, Jehovah God, The Great I Am, the one who is the self- existing One, (YHWH.)

Choice number three. Can man Justify for his sins in trying to keep the Ten Commandments.
We read in Romans 3: 20 - 26 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight; for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe; for there is no difference; For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; Whom God hath set forth to be propitiation through faith in his blood, do declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness; that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. I quote again,
In Romans 3:24-26 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus; Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, throughthe forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness; that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
(The word past through, does not mean that God has not forgotten our sins. What did God desire for man?)
but this is only my opinion

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-11-2008 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: Adjusting letter
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 PM

5,137 posts, read 15,093,116 times
you should change your title to Jesus the mighty one.

Trying to tell others that 'Jehovah' is the name of God would be a flat out lie.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:32 PM

Jehovah God is the father of Jesus Christis and Jesus Christ is the son of Jehovah God and then you have God the Holy Spirit.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:34 PM

Sorry try again.

The word 'jehovah' is a theory/idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Jehovah God is the father of Jesus Christis and Jesus Christ is the son of Jehovah God and then you have God the Holy Spirit.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:43 PM

Talking Names of GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Sorry try again.

The word 'jehovah' is a theory/idea.

ADONAI The Lord My Great Lord
EL The Strong One
EL ELOHE God, the God of Israel
EL ELYON - YISRAEL The All-Powerful One Creator
EL OLAM The Eternal God. The Everlasting God
EL ROI The God Who Sees Me
EL SHADDAI The All Sufficient One, The God of the
Mountains, God Almighty
IMMANUEL God With Us “I AM”
JEHOVAH “I AM,” The One Who Is The Self-Existent One
JEHOVAH- JIREH The Lord Will Provide
JEHOVAH - MEKADDISHKEM The Lord Who Sanctifies
JEHOVAH - NISSI The Lord is My Banner
JEHOVAH - RAPHAH The Lord is My Shepherd
JEHOVAH - SHALOM The Lord of Hosts
The Lord of Armies
JEHOVAH - SHALOM The Lord is Peace
JEHOVAH - SHAMMAH The Lord is There The Lord My
Companion
JEHOVAH - TSIDKENU The Lord Our Righteousness
YAH, ORJAH “I AM” The One Who is The Self - Existent One
YHWH “I AM” The One Who is The Existent One
JESUS CHRIST The Savior, And Anointing One

Last edited by TheWordIsOne; 11-11-2008 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: Adjusting letter

Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM

One of the first known instances of the word 'jehovah' was used by Jesuit that was ordered by the Pope to translate the Hebrew Texts.

It was also thought to be created by Philo who also believes that homosexuality is not a sin.

Either way there is no evidence to show that jehovah is the real spelling or pronunciation of God's name.

Quote:
ADONAI The Lord My Great Lord
EL The Strong One
EL ELOHE God, the God of Israel
EL ELYON - YISRAEL The All-Powerful One Creator
EL OLAM The Eternal God. The Everlasting God
EL ROI The God Who Sees Me
EL SHADDAI The All Sufficient One, The God of the
Mountains, God Almighty
IMMANUEL God With Us I AM
JEHOVAH I AM, The One Who Is The Self-Existent One
JEHOVAH- JIREH The Lord Will Provide
JEHOVAH - MEKADDISHKEM The Lord Who Sanctifies
JEHOVAH - NISSI The Lord is My Banner
JEHOVAH - RAPHAH The Lord is My Shepherd
JEHOVAH - SHALOM The Lord of Hosts
The Lord of Armies
JEHOVAH - SHALOM The Lord is Peace
JEHOVAH - SHAMMAH The Lord is There The Lord My
Companion
JEHOVAH - TSIDKENU The Lord Our Righteousness
YAH, ORJAH I AM The One Who is The Self - Existent One
YHWH I AM The One Who is The Existent One
JESUS CHRIST The Savior, And Anointing One

Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Do anyone know more than God

Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 PM

In God's word it doesnt say anything close to jehovah.

I hope that's your point or are you saying that you're God?

Quote:
Do anyone know more than God

Old 11-11-2008, 06:13 PM

Smile Who is JEHOVAH,

Ex 6:1-6 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Psalms 83:9-18 Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
[SIZE=2]10 Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth.
11 Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna:
12 Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession.
13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind.
14 As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire;
15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm.
16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD.
17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish:
18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.[/SIZE]

Old 11-11-2008, 06:17 PM

I'm not sure if you're reading my posts, but I would recommend that you reread them.

The original Old Testament was written in Hebrew.
In the Hebrew texts they do not spell out the name jehovah or anything close to it.

It was made up in the 1200's I believe.

The new bibles today have the name 'jehovah' because some 'scholars' believe that it 'CAN' be but nobody is certain.

I hope you understand ThiWardAsIno

Quote:
Ex 6:1-6 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
2 And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
4 And I have also established my covenant with them, to give them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.
5 And I have also heard the groaning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keep in bondage; and I have remembered my covenant.
6 Wherefore say unto the children of Israel, I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage, and I will redeem you with a stretched out arm, and with great judgments:

Psalms 83:9-18 Do unto them as unto the Midianites; as to Sisera, as to Jabin, at the brook of Kison:
[SIZE=2]10 Which perished at Endor: they became as dung for the earth. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]11 Make their nobles like Oreb, and like Zeeb: yea, all their princes as Zebah, and as Zalmunna: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]12 Who said, Let us take to ourselves the houses of God in possession. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]13 O my God, make them like a wheel; as the stubble before the wind. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]14 As the fire burneth a wood, and as the flame setteth the mountains on fire; [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]15 So persecute them with thy tempest, and make them afraid with thy storm. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]16 Fill their faces with shame; that they may seek thy name, O LORD. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]17 Let them be confounded and troubled for ever; yea, let them be put to shame, and perish: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or