U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 5,170,125 times

Advertisements

Research, research and more research!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM

21,625 posts, read 30,200,893 times
Words from Charles Stanley:
When problems arise and we cannot see clearly, the one thing that quickly restores a sense of peace and rest is the realization that God is in control. No matter how out of control life may appear, this truth provides a tremendous sense of strength and peace. In every circumstances we must remember that God has a plan in mind for our lives (Jeremiah 29:11) He knows what it will take to accomplish His purpose. Sometimes the greatest disappointment or tragedy can be the catalyst God uses for blessing and renewed hope, especially if the trail reveals a lack of faith on our part. How should we handle difficulties when they come our way? Certainly we are not to respond frantically or anxiously. Remember whatever you are facing, God is in it with you. He will not abandon you, but will bring hope and restoration as you trust Him.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,414,306 times
thank you for your words. I appreciate them.

Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,495,347 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hi. I'm curious. What does one do? Growing up, i was in church, got into the teen years, got away from the church, later in years have found my way back to the church. I try very hard to do the right things, and keep the faith. I feel like i've been in prayer all day long. BUT....there are things going on with our family, being honest..we lost everything. Anyways, i pray and pray for God to provide for us. (And yes we are doing everything we can as well) The holidays are coming, and i want my girls in a home. So what do i do when im sitting here questioning everything i've learned in the church?

Don't beat yourself up for starters;
Continue to trust in Him who is "faithful and true"
take personal inventory and this is between you and God alone;
if you find anything that you have to make right with him do it, forget about it
and believe on His promises, especially those of provision

Whose Waters Faileth Not And Your Presence With Me

Heavenly Father, I (we) come to You now in the Name of my (our) Lord and Savior Christ Jesus. Holy Spirit I (we) pray that You will quicken me (us) to hear my (our) Heavenly Father's Voice and lead me (us) in prayer. Heavenly Father, I (we) bow and worship before You. I (we) come to You with praise and with thanksgiving. I (we) come to You in humility, in fear, in trembling and seeking the truth. I (we) come to You in gratitude, in love, and through the precious Blood of Your Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Heavenly Father God, I (we) thank You that Your Word says that when I (we) pray to You that You will hear me (us) according to Job 22:27-28.

Heavenly Father, Your word says that in every place I (we) go where Your Name is remembered, You will come to me (us) and bless me (us) according to Your word in Exodus 20:24, and Your presence will go with me (us) wherever I (we) go and You will give me (us) rest according to Exodus 33:14.

Heavenly Father, I (we) pray that You will continually guide me (us) and satisfy my (our) desires in scorched places, give strength to my (our) bones and I will be like a watered garden and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail, according to your Word. Isaiah 58:11.

"The Lord Bless you and keep you, the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." Numbers 6: 24-26

The Lord bless you in your rising up, your laying down, your going out, your coming in, all that you put you hands to, to prosper for the Lord and His Kingdom, angels be about you to guard and protect you, and your's in your leisure, in your work, and as you go in life. Amen! (So be it!)

______

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes;

You're in my prayers
I'm sending you something
God Bless You and your seed

Old 11-12-2008, 11:17 PM

A song for you!!
sunshineann"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yjVz...eature=related
Let me know if you were able to download this free version
Listen to the lyrics all the way through
Hope this will bless and encourage you

Last edited by yhwhshalomjr; 11-12-2008 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: other song was a broken link

Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,574,631 times
I've had many tears and sorrow
I've had questions for tomorrow,
There've been times,
I did'nt know right from wrong,
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation,
He only gave me trials
To make me strong.

Through it all
Through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

I've been a lot of places
Seen a lot of faces,
There've been times
I've felt so alone,
But in my lonely hours,
Those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know, I was His own.

Through it all
Through it all,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,

I thank God for the mountain.
I thank Him for the valley,
I thank Him for the storms
He's brought me through,
For if I'd never had a problem,
I would'nt know
My God could solve them,
I'd never know
What faith in God could do.

Through it all
Through it all,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,

This song always bring me great comfort. Hope it also bring you a sense of peace. No matter what trials we all face in this life, know that Jesus will always be there to carry you through. Just keep the faith no matter how hard it may be at the moment. Remember, Joy cometh in the morning! Tomorrow is a new day!!

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 11-13-2008, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I've had many tears and sorrow
I've had questions for tomorrow,
There've been times,
I did'nt know right from wrong,
But in every situation
God gave blessed consolation,
He only gave me trials
To make me strong.

Through it all
Through it all,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,

I've been a lot of places
Seen a lot of faces,
There've been times
I've felt so alone,
But in my lonely hours,
Those precious lonely hours,
Jesus let me know, I was His own.

Through it all
Through it all,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,

I thank God for the mountain.
I thank Him for the valley,
I thank Him for the storms
He's brought me through,
For if I'd never had a problem,
I would'nt know
My God could solve them,
I'd never know
What faith in God could do.

Through it all
Through it all,
Learned to trust in God,
Through it all
Through it all,

This song always bring me great comfort. Hope it also bring you a sense of peace. No matter what trials we all face in this life, know that Jesus will always be there to carry you through. Just keep the faith no matter how hard it may be at the moment. Remember, Joy cometh in the morning! Tomorrow is a new day!!

That is so beautiful Betsy Lane'
I can hear the song as I read it;
God Bless You;
I'm glad to see your strength increasing day after day, after what you've been through
yours in Christ Jesus Our Saviour and Lord

Old 11-13-2008, 12:10 AM

55,579 posts, read 74,459,549 times
most people dont practice christianity at the workplace.
they got 3 gods not 1
1. one for the church
2. one for the office called bottom line
3. one for the family called harmony at any cost and mama is the high priestess
if you mess up on 2 or 3, #1 not guna talk much to you on sunday

Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 AM

"The trial of your faith." 1Peter 1:7
Faith untried may be true faith, but it is sure to be little faith, and it is likely to remain dwarfish so long as it is without trials. Faith never prospers so well as when all things are against her: tempests are her trainers, and lightnings are her illuminators. When a calm reigns on the sea, spread the sails as you will, the ship moves not to its harbour; for on a slumbering ocean the keel sleeps too. Let the winds rush howling forth, and let the waters lift up themselves, then, though the vessel may rock, and her deck may be washed with waves, and her mast may creak under the pressure of the full and swelling sail, it is then that she makes headway towards her desired haven. No flowers wear so lovely a blue as those which grow at the foot of the frozen glacier; no stars gleam so brightly as those which glisten in the polar sky; no water tastes so sweet as that which springs amid the desert sand; and no faith is so precious as that which lives and triumphs in adversity. Tried faith brings experience. You could not have believed your own weakness had you not been compelled to pass through the rivers; and you would never have known God's strength had you not been supported amid the water-floods. Faith increases in solidity, assurance, and intensity, the more it is exercised with tribulation. Faith is precious, and its trial is precious too.
Let not this, however, discourage those who are young in faith. You will have trials enough without seeking them: the full portion will be measured out to you in due season. Meanwhile, if you cannot yet claim the result of long experience, thank God for what grace you have; praise Him for that degree of holy confidence whereunto you have attained: walk according to that rule, and you shall yet have more and more of the blessing of God, till your faith shall remove mountains and conquer impossibilities.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,574,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
That is so beautiful Betsy Lane'
I can hear the song as I read it;
God Bless You;
I'm glad to see your strength increasing day after day, after what you've been through
yours in Christ Jesus Our Saviour and Lord
Yes, thank you. Today is makes 3 weeks and 4 days since burying my mom. It's through the grace of God, the strength of God, through lots of prayers, especially from all you wonderful guys right here on CD, that I'm able to be back on here trying to win souls to Christ Jesus. Don't lose faith, trust Him regardless of your situation(s). He is faithful!! He can deliver you from it all! Just stand! And if you can't stand, He'll carry you through it all!

Do I still cry? Yes. I'm human with built in emotions. It comes in waves, like someone told me a while back. Here's the key: I know where she is! I know I will see her again! That's the assurance of trusting in God. Is'nt God good?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or