Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 09:16 PM

116 posts, read 331,924 times

Advertisements

Here are a couple of other songs that spoke to me in some very difficult times.

Praise You in This Storm ~Casting Crowns

YouTube - Casting Crowns Praise You In The Storm

Never Alone ~Barlow Girl

YouTube - Never Alone - Barlow Girl (High Quality)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 10:32 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Give it totally up to God. You don't have to understand what is going on in your life. Get comfortable with not understanding. Trust that he will provide for you. Just pray and know that he will ultimately have the greater good in store for you. Never give up. Trust me. I have just gone through the storm and he brought me through it and set me on my feet again. Praying for you.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times
Thank you all so much for your words, and the passages, and songs. I try to keep them all in mind when im not on here reading them. I wish had ya all tucked in my back pocket with me. My family and i (husband, and three girls, and myself) will come through this.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:48 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
The only way I could question my faith would be to reject the Holy Scriptures, and there is no way I am going to do that! Every bit of my faith comes from the scriptures. I do not accept anything that man tells me about spiritual things, without searchng the scriptures to se if it is so.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:56 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,019,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Thank you for the positive responses. And especially to you Alpha. My grandmother always told me that God doesnt give you what you cannot handle, as someone has stated. And i get praises from my step-mother about how strong i am. However, i dont want praises. Inside i feel like im falling apart. I try to stay strong on the outside for my children. I know there is a God, and i'm trying, but anger sets in at times.

I do not believe that...if God does not give people more than they can handle, why do so many people commit suicide?

(yeah, yeah, I know...they lack faith).

Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
free will.

people make their own choices, and decide to go a separate route

Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post
I do not believe that...if God does not give people more than they can handle, why do so many people commit suicide?

Old 11-17-2008, 02:01 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esselcue View Post

Giving it all to Jesus means, accepting that we may not understand some things, but we still trust in Him to work it through. Giving it all to Jesus means, I will stop trying to "figure" it out and trust Him to do just that. Giving it all to Jesus means, that no matter what comes my way, Jesus have got me/you covered under His mantle of love. Have you ever met one person in your entire life that loves you without question? This person very nature is goodness and love? This person have every good intention for you? This person died for you so that you can have life eternal? This person do not have "strings" attached, this person is willing to accept you "just" as you are? Well, come and meet my friend, His name is Jesus Christ.

All that you have to do is believe that He came and walked among men, was crucified and died on the cross for your sins, was taken up in Glory where there is a place waiting for you, that He is coming again to receive you unto Himself and all you have to do is believe in your heart, with all your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord of all!! Come and meet my friend. He is a Wonder! The best friend you'll meet.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 11-17-2008, 10:47 PM

140 posts, read 459,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Hi. I'm curious. What does one do? Growing up, i was in church, got into the teen years, got away from the church, later in years have found my way back to the church. I try very hard to do the right things, and keep the faith. I feel like i've been in prayer all day long. BUT....there are things going on with our family, being honest..we lost everything. Anyways, i pray and pray for God to provide for us. (And yes we are doing everything we can as well) The holidays are coming, and i want my girls in a home. So what do i do when im sitting here questioning everything i've learned in the church?
First of all, I am so sorry for what you are going through. God has not left you, even though you may be questioning that. I completely understand your feelings, but in times like these I think it's important to step back and see this for what it is. Nowhere in the Bible does God promise that everything will work out here on earth. It simply won't. In fact, He promises great struggle for those who love Him. We live in a fallen world. He does, though, promise to work everything for our good, meaning eventual good, not "now" good necessarily. Easy to say, I'm sure you're thinking. The Bible says that God will provide for our needs if we trust in Him. Don't be afraid to ask for help. God is listening, and will also provide others who will be listening at the right time as well. Don't give up on Him, He is working this for your good. I am praying for God's provision for your family.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:54 PM

140 posts, read 459,355 times
Also, living with family for a while is still providing a home for your children. If this is the case, see God's provision. There is no shame in it. I think you are feeling a lot of guilt and feel you have failed your children, but you haven't. Bad things happen. The BEST thing you can do for your kids is to show them how to trust in the Lord in times of trouble, and to do the best you can with what you have in a trying situation. More than anything, they are watching you right now and will learn so much from how you react to your current situation. That being said, be honest with them too. It's ok for them to know how you are feeling-- scared, sad, worried, whatever-- you are human, but make sure they know God is still there, still caring for your family, even if the way you are being cared for is different and not what you would like.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Excellent posts, Supermom Welcome to the forums..I hope you will stay and get to know us..We are certainly a diversified bunch, but try to respect everyones opinions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity