U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 08:32 AM

8,989 posts, read 12,476,891 times

Advertisements

CONTINUED FROM A PREVIOUS POST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
In the book of Genesis God created the heavens and earth. He also created the animals first in pairs then Adam and Eve followed. Now tell me, if Adam and Eve was befriended to these animals before they sinned, would they have eaten them, make dairy out of the cows or goat breast?

would they?

surely not, even though man is classified as an omnivore we still have more problems with health when meat is in included in our diet than without. Think!?
Adam and Eve were vegetarians before the fall and chances are we will all go back to being vegetarians after the God comes back and establishes his kingdom here on Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Continued.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianinark View Post
hmmmm, i do not find where god is going to establish his kingdom on this earth! My bible says there will be a new heaven and new earth, because the heavens and earth will not only be distroyed by fire, but the earth will be cast into outer darkness and no place will be found for it. I sure do not want to live on that earth!!

Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 AM

I find that very interesting. I don't believe that the world will end and that Jesus will sit on His throne in Jerusalem and usher in the new millennium. Do you believe in the "new millennium" the thousand year reign?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:43 AM

3,978 posts, read 7,484,356 times
Matt.24.35; Mark 13.31; Luke 21.33 " Heaven and earth shall pass away", Jesus said it, and it is recorded three times, and I believe He meant what He said!
2 Peter , third chapter, verses 5-13.

The book of Revelation also speaks of the passing of this earth. Rev.21.1.

Many cannot recieve these scriptures because they love this present earth too much.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Matt.24.35; Mark 13.31; Luke 21.33 " Heaven and earth shall pass away", Jesus said it, and it is recorded three times, and I believe He meant what He said!
2 Peter , third chapter, verses 5-13.

The book of Revelation also speaks of the passing of this earth. Rev.21.1.

Many cannot recieve these scriptures because they love this present earth too much.
but this is after the 1,000 year rule, right?

Old 11-13-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
but this is after the 1,000 year rule, right?
What "1,000 year rule" ????? The only referance I can find to that is a purely symbolic one in the book of Revelation.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:02 AM

7,544 posts, read 11,587,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianinark
hmmmm, i do not find where god is going to establish his kingdom on this earth! My bible says there will be a new heaven and new earth, because the heavens and earth will not only be distroyed by fire, but the earth will be cast into outer darkness and no place will be found for it. I sure do not want to live on that earth!!
If you consider that man is made from the earth, and that the flesh will not inherit the things of the Spirit, it's easy to see that this concept is talking about our transformation from death to life - the flesh will be destroyed.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
If you consider that man is made from the earth, and that the flesh will not inherit the things of the Spirit, it's easy to see that this concept is talking about our transformation from death to life - the flesh will be destroyed.

My, my...that sure is a stretch of the scriptures!

Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 AM

7,544 posts, read 11,587,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
My, my...that sure is a stretch of the scriptures!
And dying to self is too, I suppose.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,178 posts, read 6,166,993 times
Originally Posted by marianinark

I find this interesting, Marian, because it strongly agrees with the secular/scientific belief of what will happen to earth...although the time frame is much different. Science theoroizes that our galaxy (including our earth) will basically be swallowed up by our dying sun and simply cease to exist...and that the Universe is expanding and may continue to expand until it simply...no longer exists. Interesting corrolation to scripture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity