Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM

321 posts, read 677,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
I am speaking of the sinfulness of our nation.
Thanks for the response HERE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM

20,576 posts, read 19,235,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I can never understand why Christians see America as a country full of sins and no morals. Is this some type of obsession, a scare tactic, an excuse to convert non-believers? What is this?
Hi ShepsMom,

I tend to agree. Christianity already professed the guilt of everyone. Those who believe have their sin covered. We made be bad but were we ever any better? Were we humane to the Indians or Africans in the past? However it is certainly the case that in the US there is a doomsday cult that is very active.

Old 11-17-2008, 01:54 PM

20,576 posts, read 19,235,268 times
Quote:
I am speaking of the sinfulness of our nation.
Which nation?

Matthew 21
43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation bearing the fruits of it. 44 And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”

If you mean the US it never really mattered much.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 11-17-2008 at 03:01 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 01:59 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,132,299 times
Quote:
Are we living in a modern age Sodom and Gomorrah? Your thoughts, please.
No, most of us live in modern age North America.

But in all seriousness, to answer your question, I'd say no. If anything, we're living in a modern day Roman Empire. That's not to say pockets of Sodom and Gomorrah don't exist....but as a whole, I don't think things are on the same scale.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,419,655 times
Quote:
I can never understand why Christians see America as a country full of sins and no morals. Is this some type of obsession, a scare tactic, an excuse to convert non-believers? What is this?
Did I say that the entire country had no morals? No. However, you are silly to think that we are without sin. I am not trying to convert anyone.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:11 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,419,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
Thanks for the response HERE.
You're welcome.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,507,746 times
Quote:
No it's just true , since we all believe that we are born in sin and ALL fall short of the glory of God.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,507,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi ShepsMom,

I tend to agree. Christianity already professed the guilt of everyone. Those who believe have their sin covered. We made be bad but were we ever any better? Were we humane to the Indians or Africans in the past? However it is certainly the case that in the US there is a doomsday cult that is very active.
What does that have to do with Sodom and Gomorrah? who's we?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 11-17-2008 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-17-2008, 02:25 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,279,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We make Sodom and Gomorrah look tame.
Absolutely, I think it was Billy Graham who said, "if God doesn't destroy America then He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

Quote:
Because that's the way it is. No obsession, no scare tactic, it's just the way America is going, and it will only get worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
If we were, wouldn't God destroy us like he destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah?
I know you don't believe this, but He will.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,143,823 times
Quote:
Did I say that the entire country had no morals? No. However, you are silly to think that we are without sin. I am not trying to convert anyone.
Well, you said "Our Nation", i assumed you're talking about US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity