U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:49 PM

8,744 posts, read 6,778,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Friend, there's only ONE WAY, and ONE WAY ONLY. One Way to life everlasting. Now, there are others ways, but NONE of them leads to life everlasting. None! You can't bypass the Son, and go straight to the throne. There's an order of things in the spiritual. For the Father sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ to take our due punishment for sin, which was death; that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Remember the paths? One that leads to death? The other to life? There's PLENTY of ways which leads to death. A whole bunch! Including messing around with witchcraft. You will not find Jesus in that! You know that. And "doing" good will not get you there either. It's not by works that we are saved. You can't earn your way into heaven, nor can you buy your way. It's only through the very thing that you don't believe in, that being, Jesus Christ is the only way, the truth and life everlasting; is how we reign with Him forever.

I believe that you, knowing that you are on a Christianity page, you are on here for one of two reasons. 1. You are seeking for sound biblical truths (or) 2. You are on here to sow discord. So until you specify specifically your true intent, I'm going to assume the former of the two. And believe me, you are only going to get the truth from me, Betsey. Now if I say something that may seem to you, to be harsh, I want you to count it all joy, knowing that it's the truth, the WHOLE truth, nothing but the truth, so help me God should I lead one of His children away!

Now if you are on here for the latter of the two, just to sow discord and/or distort truths, so help you God! For God is not mocked......................... You are old enough to know right from wrong, I'm sure. Past the age of accountability. It's all about choice. Choose carefully! Choose wisely! God bless.

Your sister in Christ Jesus
I could never follow Christianity after how hypocritical is it and how close minded it is.

Not to mention, horribly sexist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 09:50 PM

4,273 posts, read 3,671,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Betsy, in the town where I attend the church's Golden Year's class every Tuesday, there are 3 men who are apparently 'down on their luck' so to speak. They come to the class almost every week. They 'listen' to the lesson, eat the food at the potluck, and take home many containers of food. They have been doing this for months, even years for some, and none of them have become Christians. They are apparently only coming for the food.

Many of the brethren who attend the class visit with them, and I think there may be home studies with them. It appears to be going nowhere.

I know, not all are freeloaders, but it is very common.
It's okay Marianinark. Don't be discourage, that may be the only place where they can get a meal, it's alright. As for their souls, keep doing what you're doing, preaching the gospel right? They are coming every week you say? Good, it's the Holy Spirit of God that does the convicting of the hearts. That is a job that's out of our league. Think back to when we first became a believer of the good news, how long did it take for you/me to accept the truth? I don't know about you, but for me, I was raised by a praying mother and father. Still later in life, I did me and only me, was'nt concerned about no ones feelings but my own. Me, me, me and more of me. How selfish I was. The gospel was told to me over and over by different people, a hundred different ways. Till one day, it was for me and I accepted truth and saw myself and made the appropriate changes that were necessary. And still is necessary. A daily renewing of the spirit.

God's using you to get the message of His salvation out there to a world of hurting people. Please don't become disinhearted, There's so much work to be done, but the labourers are few. We need you.

Old 11-22-2008, 10:10 PM

50 posts, read 57,981 times
wHO DID YOU VOTE FOR? IF YOU ARE A ABORTION SUPPORTER THEN DO NOT BOTHER GOD KNOWS ALL.

Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan08 View Post
wHO DID YOU VOTE FOR? IF YOU ARE A ABORTION SUPPORTER THEN DO NOT BOTHER GOD KNOWS ALL.
I very proudly casted my first vote ever for Barack Obama. I am pro choice but not pro abortion. There is a difference. I do not encourage abortion. In fact, one my friends wanted to have one done and I told her there are other options. She did not do it. However, if someone was RAPED, she has every right to relieve herself of the pregnancy. Did you hear about the girl in Austria who was raped by her father? If I got raped by my dad, I would not want to give birth to that child either.

And please, why are you yelling?

Old 11-22-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiccanways View Post
I could never follow Christianity after how hypocritical is it and how close minded it is.

Apparently, you not 'hearing' nor 'reading, correctly. NEVER once have I encouraged you to follow Christianity! I remember distinctly telling you, to keep your eye on JESUS. it's not about religion and the wearing of the 'label', hence; christianity, buddhism, catholic, jewish, non-jewish, orthodox, lutheran, mormon, baptist, pentecostal, jehovah whatever! Forget the labels. I already said that.

It's about having, building a R-E-L-A-T-I-O-N-S-H-I-P with your Creator!
A relationship that needs to worked at every breathing moment of your life. And I profoundly said breathing, because there's no forgiveness in death. It's now, while your still breathing you have a shot at getting it right! Keep your eyes on the King!

Stay focus. Forget about what others do, say or choose to live their lives. You are accountable for your soul. Present yourself as you should and hopefully your light will shine for other's to see. God judges the heart, make sure yours is in order. Do what God asks of you, religion and their labels will have you conforming to their own set of laws, principle and standards. Making it extremely hard for you to follow the truth. Build an inward relationship with Jesus first, then you'll be able to read His blueprint and understand it.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:17 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,360,908 times
Quote:

Old 11-23-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan08 View Post
WHAT !!! WOW, this is sure off topic!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
I very proudly casted my first vote ever for Barack Obama. I am pro choice but not pro abortion. There is a difference. I do not encourage abortion. In fact, one my friends wanted to have one done and I told her there are other options. She did not do it. However, if someone was RAPED, she has every right to relieve herself of the pregnancy. Did you hear about the girl in Austria who was raped by her father? If I got raped by my dad, I would not want to give birth to that child either.

And please, why are you yelling?

I think you and the previous poster are posting on the wrong thread???

Old 11-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I think you and the previous poster are posting on the wrong thread???
Sorry. That poster was YELLING AT ME WITH CAPS and asked me a question. Therefore, I felt like I should answer.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:21 PM

Hi, I went on Sunday morning to see my friend, and he was'nt around, I drove down the street to see maybe, just maybe, he got there with out me. I even attended the service and got the Word, (thank God) and he still did'nt show. Am I disappointed? Honestly, no, maybe a bit saddened. I extended the invitation and hoped he would come. Realistically, a part of me knew he would'nt show, but I still wanted to be there if he did. I wanted to keep my promise.

All hope is not lost, I guess I can try another day right? Who knows he may take me up on it one day. You never know. Two years ago, couple of us went in groups on different days, talking to a woman that was a "lady of the night" and strung out on crack, spoke to her for months on end, we asked her to meet us down the street at the same church and she showed up. Got her self together, and give her life to God, she died two weeks after. You never know who you can reach for Christ. God forbid something happen in your life, would'nt you want someone to reach out to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity