Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times

Advertisements

Again what does that have to do with Christianity or Judaism?

Do you see that in the bible where we should burn people at the stake to relieve pain women felt during childbirth?

Also, Lev,Numbers, and Deut are laws that were given to the Jewish people. Most of these laws do not apply to Gentiles as it is stated in the New Testament

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Well then, should we go back to burning people at the stake who helped relieve the pain women felt during childbirth?

If you want examples of how "God's word being eternal" , look at what God commandith in Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy and ask yourself if you are practicing those commands in your life today.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 AM

Our path or relationship with God has nothing to do with anyone else.

Are you indicating that if my wife is not living to God's standards that I shouldn't be spiritual or even a husband to her?

Women are called to submit whether her husband is living right with God or not. Submission doesnt overrule God's laws. If the husband is asking her to do something which is ungodly then she should not obey. If he asks her to do something Godly then she should obey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
One last thing. I don't think God ever intended any woman to submit to a man who is not following God's path. Submission does not mean he gets his way. It means he follows God's way and if he does, she defers. When he doesn't, well, that's what God gave us brains for. Some men let power go to their heads. God never intended that. Any man who has to argue that his wife should submit probably doesn't deserve to have her submit. If they're doing it right, there's no issue here.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

Do you see that in the bible where we should burn people at the stake to relieve pain women felt during childbirth?

Also, Lev,Numbers, and Deut are laws that were given to the Jewish people. Most of these laws do not apply to Gentiles as it is stated in the New Testament
Exactly my point!! Neither does the law, "women submit to your husbands" apply today.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 AM

Where did I write that something doesnt apply today?

I wrote something applies to Gentiles and/or Jews

Most of Paul's letters were written to Gentiles.
A lot of the verses are absolute in which it means it applies to today.

Please indicate where it says it doesn't apply to today.
If you think that then anyone can say that Jesus was the Savior for His time, and we have different Messiahs today.

BTW - Women submitting to their husbands is written in the NT.

Quote:
Exactly my point!! Neither does the law, "women submit to your husbands" apply today.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Where did I write that something doesnt apply today?

I wrote something applies to Gentiles and/or Jews

Most of Paul's letters were written to Gentiles.
A lot of the verses are absolute in which it means it applies to today.

Please indicate where it says it doesn't apply to today.
If you think that then anyone can say that Jesus was the Savior for His time, and we have different Messiahs today.

BTW - Women submitting to their husbands is written in the NT.
Well Paul also wrote that women should have their heads covered. This is in the same letter that Paul wrote to submit to husbands. What happened to this timeless rule?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:28 AM

You should use the whole truth of the verse and not partial

Paul wrote that they should have their heads covered when praying or prophesying.

Again....what does that have to do with anything?

Gays are now allowed in 'some' denominations....does that make it right?

God makes the customs/traditions/laws/regulations for us.
It's not the other way around.

Quote:
Well Paul also wrote that women should have their heads covered. This is in the same letter that Paul wrote to submit to husbands. What happened to this timeless rule?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:

Midwives were burned at the stake in the 15 century because of the 3rd chapter in Genesis.

Show me where in the bible it is stated that, "Most of these laws do not apply to Gentiles as it is stated in the New Testament[".

Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
You should use the whole truth of the verse and not partial

Paul wrote that they should have their heads covered when praying or prophesying.

Again....what does that have to do with anything?

Gays are now allowed in 'some' denominations....does that make it right?

God makes the customs/traditions/laws/regulations for us.
It's not the other way around.

Your logic cannot be followed. It makes no sense at all.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 AM

there is nothing in Genesis 3 that indicates or commands someone to be burned at the stake.

People's actions do not dictate the Word of God.

The Word of God dictates people's actions.

Read Acts, and you will see where the laws dont apply to Gentiles

Quote:
Midwives were burned at the stake in the 15 century because of the 3rd chapter in Genesis.

Show me where in the bible it is stated that, "Most of these laws do not apply to Gentiles as it is stated in the New Testament[".

Old 01-21-2009, 11:33 AM

You have not proven where it states it does not apply to today.

Your logic is that Society dictates morality and the laws of God

My logic is that the Word of God dictates morality and the laws of God

Quote:
Your logic cannot be followed. It makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity