Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times

Advertisements

Well the men are supposed to be the High Priest of the home which means they are to be the one leading ...especially with the Word of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
I find it kind of funny that like 97% of the answers that say women MUST SUBMIT TO MAN in marriage are from men. lol

Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post

why are you saying that she's lying ?

Do they give college courses in how to read hearts?

That's just like a wordly person telling me that I'm lying to God, and that i'm only enhancing God's Ego because I'm submitting to Jesus

June supposes in your mind (and the minds of the vast majority of people reading her words) that she is perceived, (at best, on a good day) as a "silly, worldly person." --As opposed to an evil, heathen, "destined-to-hell" horrible person, in which case, nothing is going to be reconciled by either side, at all. --Which, quite frankly, June thinks would be a real shame...

In terms of responding to your above question, renrig02,, no: June does not give college courses in how to "read hearts". --She doesn't have to. June has been in love, (just as she is assuming you are/have) and as such, what in the world is to be gained from a "college couise?" Let's not be silly.

June truly has nothing invested in this debate, other than the fact that she is a woman. --And one who has listened to BOTH Christian women and men.

As such, June is here to tell you: Yup. She's lying.

IF it is the way that you describe it. IF it is the way that you define it. IF it is the way that you believe it is....

If you are lucky, June is wrong.

If she's not, then both of you need to rethink the whole thing...

And no: No one needs to take any college courses around this. It's called:

A good, loving relationship.

The definition of which would be up to the two of you to determine whether or not it was "Christ-like."

Take gentle care....

Old 11-22-2008, 06:12 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Most of the time. Sometimes I really have to work on this one. I think God blesses a woman who does this.

There is a book called "One home under God" that teaches both husband and wife how to have this kind of home.

http://www.lighthouse-fellowship.org/JACKTAYLOR.htm

Last edited by NCN; 11-22-2008 at 06:20 PM..

Old 11-22-2008, 06:13 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,651,290 times
Along with God making men the head of the household they also have the accountabilty which I'm not sure I would want. And according to the Bible men are supposed to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her. That's a tall order. If we would live the way God intended both the husband and the wife would love their roles and be happy and fulfilled.
Oh for a perfect world.....

Old 11-22-2008, 06:14 PM

again prove it by the Word of God

I believe this is a Christian forum where people back up with the Word of God not opinions or books on 'self love'.

To say that she's 'lying' is an insult as YOU are not God.

Again....PROVE that she's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June supposes in your mind (and the minds of the vast majority of people reading her words) that she is perceived, (at best, on a good day) as a "silly, worldly person." --As opposed to an evil, heathen, "destined-to-hell" horrible person, in which case, nothing is going to be reconciled by either side, at all. --Which, quite frankly, June thinks would be a real shame...

In terms of responding to your above question, renrig02,, no: June does not give college courses in how to "read hearts". --She doesn't have to. June has been in love, (just as she is assuming you are/have) and as such, what in the world is to be gained from a "college couise?" Let's not be silly.

June truly has nothing invested in this debate, other than the fact that she is a woman. --And one who has listened to BOTH Christian women and men.

As such, June is here to tell you: Yup. She's lying.

IF it is the way that you describe it. IF it is the way that you define it. IF it is the way that you believe it is....

If you are lucky, June is wrong.

If she's not, then both of you need to rethink the whole thing...

And no: No one needs to take any college courses around this. It's called:

A good, loving relationship.

The definition of which would be up to the two of you to determine whether or not it was "Christ-like."

Take gentle care....

Old 11-22-2008, 06:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
renriq02, you truly need to understand that in responding to your post(s) that June is doing so in a very sincere effort, attempt to understand you. --And not from a place of criticism...That being said, June has to be utterly honest in saying:

June has "been with" Christian men. Married to a "Christian" man. A man who "demanded" that she "submit" to him.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing "Christ-like" let alone "loving" about it.

In other words:

YOUR needs do not = MINE on your TERMS.

And most importantly, it was the recognition of that which finally brought the end to the marriage...

No man, (no man) has the right to demand and/or expect any woman to "submit" to him when he wants it, how he wants it, and so forth...

Just how much is "God" " Christ" in your marriage then!? --Especially at the point at which anybody is writing the word....

"SUBMITS!?"

You guys are making June very, very sad....

--And I'm not your....

wife.

ci

Ah, but June, you cannot judge all men by the one you were married to. All men are not the same, by any means. My first husband was a drunk and a womanizer. The husband that I have been married to for 51 years are neither. The first one had no qualms against striking me. The second one never has even as much as slapped me. The first one accused me of all sorts of bad things, because he was guilty of all of them, and trying to pass his guilt off on to me.
A true Christian man does not 'demand' submission from his wife. I think you are reading the wrong meaning into 'submitting'.

When I went to post this it says "Submit" ..

Old 11-22-2008, 06:27 PM

A Christian should be focusing on the needs for his family.

If he treats his wife bad the Word of God says that God will NOT answer his prayers.

A man has a much taller order than his wife.

God requires the husband to the duties, and will require the HUSBAND to fulfill it.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:38 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
The thirsty household follows Ephesisans 5:22 to a tee!!

Little thirsty submits to me.

We just take it one step further... I also submit to her.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:38 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
I forgot to mention, my first husband was not any kind of 'Christian', and neither was I. My second husband and I both obeyed the gospel 9 years after we were married.

Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
So maybe, we should be asking the ones who believe in "SUBMITTING" exactly what are you wanting your wife to SUBMIT too!! Examples would help so we know where your coming from.

I'm with Marianinark marriage can be great, not all men use force to get their way. JUNE you would be surprised, there are still men out there who know how to treat a women, don't stop looking.

Real Christian men can participate in a happy marriage with the guidance of God. I wonder, if men that use the Bible in their defense to abuse women or children have REALLY ever read the Bible, how conveniently to stop at the part that would justify the man's own desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity