Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2009, 09:15 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
I can't answer that right now, as time is limited. But I will post some of the reasons later today or tomorrow.
So you mean you will reason with me and show me from the scriptures why you feel you are right and are validated in your feelings about our religion...my, that sounds familiar.

Face it, lovethetruth. You are no different than me. You detest the idea that people would believe the so-called lies that the Witnesses supposedly teach. You feel we are using underhanded tactics to 'gain members' and you feel that we are guilty of some heinous acts in the name of our God. So you speak up and you talk about it to all who will listen.

I do that too. So we are the same.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
oh really?

"under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it"
Insight on the Scriptures Vol. 2 p. 245

"for the purpose of protecting the interests of God's cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God's enemies. ...This comes under the term 'war strategy.'" WT 1960 June 1 p. 352

haha. Got that from a website, did you? Amazing.

Just so you know, the Watchtower only has about 25-30 pages. So page '352' in a Watchtower is a sure sign that the info you have is fabricated.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:18 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
haha it was cited

amazing isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post

Old 01-05-2009, 09:21 AM

did you check the 1960 copy?

Quote:

Just so you know, the Watchtower only has about 25-30 pages. So page '352' in a Watchtower is a sure sign that the info you have is fabricated.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
did you check the 1960 copy?
'Cited' where? On a website? Do you truly believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet? No chance at all that someone misconstrued this info or completely entered it falsely in order to sway others to their 'cause'? No chance? Come on, now. Be realistic.

I'm afraid the Watchtower from 1960 doesnt have 352 pages. Not that I expect you to believe that.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM

of course i'm sure they changed it like they did with all of the other 'end day' prophecies

i'm sure NOBODY has access to the WT copies...only YOU do.

Let's be real.

There are certainly a lot of people who have left the JW and have exposed them with actual documentation.

I'm sure it has been changed so everyone can say it never existed.

I'm sure if you google

WatchTower 1960 June 1

that there's only 1 website with the result showing there's over 30 pages lol

Quote:
'Cited' where? On a website? Do you truly believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet? No chance at all that someone misconstrued this info or completely entered it falsely in order to sway others to their 'cause'? No chance? Come on, now. Be realistic.

I'm afraid the Watchtower from 1960 doesnt have 352 pages. Not that I expect you to believe that.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:26 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I don't know how I missed your response to my post. But the point I have been making about JWs since my mother in law is one, and my wife is swinging along the fence in regard to becoming a baptized JW is the fact that JWS make it their religion to tell anyone who's not a JW that we follow the teachings of man and not of Jehovah. I had a JW elder flat out tell me that my religion follows traditions and not accurate teachings of the bible. My question to you is, if we are all supposed to be followers of Christ, then why do we all have such a different view on who Jesus Christ is, and how we should follow him? My answer is that it goes to faith and how we all interpret the bible (reason we have so many different denonminations to fit all of our different personalities if we choose to be a Baptist, Catholic, Mormon, Methodist, or JW).
If you look at it this way...Jesus was a guy who showed compassion and love for people. If a religion is supporting anything that goes in contrast to what Jesus did...it would NOT be Christian. If they support wars for example and are splashing holy water on a tank when going to war.. would you consider them to be Christian? Jehovah's witnesses do not take part in war. They have served terms in prisons and concentration camps.

You judge for yourself. Does your mother-in-law show love towards you? Is she a compassionate and loving person. Has your wife showed signs of this also? Then they may be doing their best to follow Jesus example.

Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM

Inspiration claims of the Watchtower Bible Tract Society

you will see there are a few WT publications that have over 100 pages

lol

Like I wrote earlier....did you check the 1960 issue?

Quote:

Old 01-05-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
of course i'm sure they changed it like they did with all of the other 'end day' prophecies

i'm sure NOBODY has access to the WT copies...only YOU do.

Let's be real.

There are certainly a lot of people who have left the JW and have exposed them with actual documentation.

I'm sure it has been changed so everyone can say it never existed.

I'm sure if you google

WatchTower 1960 June 1

that there's only 1 website with the result showing there's over 30 pages lol
Why would I do that? I actually have the publication. The hard copy, not an internet link. Do you not see the danger in believing things just because someone tells you its true? Especially when it comes to providing things in writing? That's so sad. You are obviously basing your entire opinion about JW and their 'false prophecies' on stuff you've read on the internet...if you really cared about the subject, you'd surely look into it a little more deeply.

What if something online quoted Darwin as stating there was a creator...took sentences from his writings and posted them to a website as 'fact'. Don't you think the evolutionists who have access to the actual books would have a problem with this?

Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Inspiration claims of the Watchtower Bible Tract Society

you will see there are a few WT publications that have over 100 pages

lol

Like I wrote earlier....did you check the 1960 issue?
Well, there are lots of WT PUBLICATIONS that have over 100 pages but not the Watchtower itself. So it would be difficult for me to find what was inaccurately depicted here without reading the entire magainze, wouldnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity