Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 09:48 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times

Advertisements

I highly doubt that otherwise they wouldnt come back to my house or my neighborhood when everyone has told them not to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenevada View Post
Good, so like me, you have confidence in your beliefs. And you feel that you receive God's blessings due to that, right? No one can ask for more than that. As a matter of fact, in our ministry, when we are confronted by someone who wants to debate, that's one of the things we ask: Are you happy with your beliefs? If the answer is 'yes', there is nothing further to say.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:49 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No, it was a "rebuke" telling the others not to judge, and to let God do the judging. I don't know enough about the JW's to form a opinion one way or the other. I just get so irritated when so called Christians belittle another person's beliefs and walk with God. It reminds me of the Pharisees of Jesus time. You know, "the holier than thou" crowd.

So sorry if you were offended by my remarks, but it was not my intention at all in the slightest degree.

The ironic thing is the JW's do the exact same thing.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:50 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
My beliefs are by faith only, not sight. I don't need to research them to make me believe, I already believe. I research in order to debunk what certain religions are passing off as christian.

If there were no encyclopedia brittanica at all, I still would believe the way I do, based upon my study of the bible.

I

But isnt that 'blind faith'? I don't agree with that. When I conduct a bible study, I always encourage the student to research everything I teach them frm the scriptures. Including the history of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yes, if the bible were all we had, I'm sure that would be plenty. But since it isnt, it's good to know that man's studies support the word of God isnt it?

Old 12-18-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I highly doubt that otherwise they wouldnt come back to my house or my neighborhood when everyone has told them not to come back.
They will come back unless you tell them not to. If they do that, then there is a misunderstanding that needs to be addressed. Now keep in mind, they aren't going to stay away forever. People change, houses sell, etc.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
The ironic thing is the JW's do the exact same thing.
When have I done that? I need to edit whatever comment makes you feel that I have judged you unworthy of calling yourself Christian.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:55 AM

Mans studies also promote evolution, so I don't believe that either. Yes you may say I put blind faith in my God,I would much rather put blinf faith in God, than a church because I don't put it in my church either. I believe the bible, and I believe that while alot of christians are sincere, they may be sincerely wrong.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Mans studies also promote evolution, so I don't believe that either. Yes you may say I put blind faith in my God,I would much rather put blinf faith in God, than a church because I don't put it in my church either. I believe the bible, and I believe that while alot of christians are sincere, they may be sincerely wrong.

I already told you that when man's studies conflict with God's word, I don't believe it. We are in agreement though you seem to really not like that idea.

One thing we all need to remember is that God reads hearts. If a person sincerely believes they are worshipping God correctly, who are we to contradict them? I feel that there are certain requirements God expects of us and I encourage all who are so inclined to study their bible to learn about those. You surely don't need to be a JW to do that.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
When have I done that? I need to edit whatever comment makes you feel that I have judged you unworthy of calling yourself Christian.
Perhaps not in that sense, but you started a thread in order to undermine peoples beliefs about Christmas, why should other people hold back from undermining your beliefs?

Why is it judging when a christian points out the error of your doctrine, yet you can call our doctrines as error?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Perhaps not in that sense, but you started a thread in order to undermine peoples beliefs about Christmas, why should other people hold back from undermining your beliefs?

Why is it judging when a christian points out the error of your doctrine, yet you can call our doctrines as error?
Did yu even read my OP? I was interested in what people thought about the pagan practices associated with Christmas. I even started the thread stating I am here to 'consult', not 'debate'. Again, I think you see what you want to see.

And no offense, but you have yet to point out a single error in my doctrine. The only thing you've made clear is that you feel we don't have adequate reason for not celebrating birthdays. That hardly undermines my beliefs?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,583,894 times
So then why are you JW when the Watchtower has said many things that were false over and over and over again?

Quote:
I already told you that when man's studies conflict with God's word, I don't believe it. We are in agreement though you seem to really not like that idea.

One thing we all need to remember is that God reads hearts. If a person sincerely believes they are worshipping God correctly, who are we to contradict them? I feel that there are certain requirements God expects of us and I encourage all who are so inclined to study their bible to learn about those. You surely don't need to be a JW to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity