Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I guess you don't know any fundi christians then. It is embarrassing to watch them fawn over the twit from Alaska.

Baptist church in a town just west of here expelled life long members because they suspected that they didn't vote for Bush in 04.
The Rev. Chuck Currie: East Waynesville Baptist Church Kicks Out Democrats\
baptist,wow,that is not surprising at all.they desire to be so controlling,and it all starts at the political level for them.
they think the only ppl making it to heaven will be the white republicans.everyone else is going to hell in a handbasket.how arrogant.

Old 12-22-2010, 11:03 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,690,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Christians typically vote Republican based on two main issues. Abortion and Homosexuality. Republicans have figured out that they can control their religious constituents by telling them exactly what they want to hear. The Republican party is typically rich, white, men. Of course they portray themselves as the "moral" party so they can have control over the people that work to make them rich.
exactly!

Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 AM

1,224 posts, read 4,000,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Yes. And democrats are good at it, too...
They (both) are not interested in mankind as a whole, but only a select few.

Blessings, Milleka!
Brian
Absolutely. I totally agree. You can't trust any of them. They ALL lie. This particular thread was about Repubs, so that's who I picked on this time.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:30 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I am Christian and so is my husband. We are Democrats. We tend to vote that way following the sermon on the mount.
We do not believe in the death penalty and we feel that as Christians, Jesus was pretty clear on this.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:38 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I am Christian and so is my husband. We are Democrats. We tend to vote that way following the sermon on the mount.
We do not believe in the death penalty and we feel that as Christians, Jesus was pretty clear on this.
AMEN Sheena! My DH and I also believe that we have been placed on this earth to help and serve others, something many Republican politicians don't seem to understand!

Old 12-22-2010, 08:50 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
I can't vote Democrat because I can't support government enforced theft.

I can’t vote Republican because I can’t support using force to coerce people into not sinning.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:41 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
None of the Christians I know would vote republican and they laugh at Sara Palin.......

So NO not all Christians vote republican.
As with any group, some Christians are a bit flaky. I left 1 church partly over the leftist dribble I kept hearing from the pulpit & many of the members. The leftist members were largely social workers, state employees, a few college professors, students, etc.

Old 12-24-2010, 11:45 PM

4 posts, read 5,582 times
I'm an atheist and registered republican

Old 12-25-2010, 04:02 PM

95 posts, read 162,498 times
It seems that the clergy, especially the bishops are liberal in the Lutheran church. My guess is that the laity are equally Democratic and Republican. I know Baptists are heavily Republican except black Baptists are heavily Democratic; that is a very interesting thing about the Baptist church.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:54 PM

2,619 posts, read 3,149,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milleka View Post
Christians typically vote Republican based on two main issues. Abortion and Homosexuality. Republicans have figured out that they can control their religious constituents by telling them exactly what they want to hear. The Republican party is typically rich, white, men. Of course they portray themselves as the "moral" party so they can have control over the people that work to make them rich.
I'm a white male, but not rich by any means. I'm a self employed electrician, struggling in today's economy. I'm also a Republican. I was a Democrat for many years, until the party became so far left I could not be part of it any more. Cry about the poor, the rich, etc. all you like, but the welfare mentality will bury our nation if we keep advancing it. I can't afford any full time help but sometimes I need 1 or 2 people a few days or so. Should be no problem with so many people out of work. I hear of someone & call him. He says "I need to get paid in cash so I don't lose any unemployment for those days". I don't hire him or call him again. The taxpayers don't owe him unemployment, especially not when he could do some work. 1 such guy was drawing unemployment, working several days a week under the table & wanted to do same with me. I said no. I've known guys who worked road construction. Their financial plan was work hard all year during the good weather, go on unemployment during the winter months, a paid winter vacation.Unemployment is one of the most abused programs out there. I know not everyone abuses it, but many do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity