U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 10:45 AM

5,261 posts, read 6,232,976 times

Advertisements

What is the will of God, through our voice, as Scripture practicing Christians?................Support your posts' with scripture only, not opinions...I need scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 10:46 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
always the same
life truth and love
how that gets worked out i dont have a clue.

Old 11-29-2008, 10:57 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...Gen 1:26

His plan hasn't changed.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:07 PM

557 posts, read 1,594,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
What is the will of God, through our voice, as Scripture practicing Christians?................Support your posts' with scripture only, not opinions...I need scripture.
Here and here.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:44 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,232,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeland Yankee View Post
Here and here.
Hi Lakeland. Thank you. Sorry for the previous posts'...Thus the reason for this new thread, because I want to know what God's word says in the matter of His will for my voice; and in what manner I should speak for Him...then maybe I won't get so...well...you know...so excited when others question what is written. I request scriptures only, because I'm only interested in what the Scriptures say, and not in the 100's of 1000's of opinions that are out there. God is teaching me.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:43 PM

557 posts, read 1,594,594 times
Quote:
Hi Lakeland. Thank you. Sorry for the previous posts'...Thus the reason for this new thread, because I want to know what God's word says in the matter of His will for my voice; and in what manner I should speak for Him...then maybe I won't get so...well...you know...so excited when others question what is written. I request scriptures only, because I'm only interested in what the Scriptures say, and not in the 100's of 1000's of opinions that are out there. God is teaching me.
No problem . We sometimes forget that simple childlike faith is all that is needed for salvation. Even Peter fell victim to legalism and had to be rebuked by Paul.

There is freedom in Christ and we are ALL members of the same body.

Take care.

Old 11-29-2008, 09:05 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,357,638 times
Quote:
Quote:

The first commandment
God's will is his word, so I would think that it is self contained

Old 11-30-2008, 07:29 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,376,101 times
Default The Will of God

Quote:

Ephesians 1: 1 -14 Paul an apostle of Jesus Christ but the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus; Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ; According as he heath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love; Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will.
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself.
That in the dispensation of the fullness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him;
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will;
That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

An awesome chapter. What is it all about? God has a specific plan. These verses are to show and display Godís divined purpose of his creation.
Letís look; what is the will of God? What is the big picture? God has a specific plan, a specific purpose, a specific will for your life and mine.
The question is are we willing to seek it; find it, to walk in his statutes.
There are two major aspects of the will of God. Godís determined will.
What is Godís determined will? Godís soverign operation in the world in general, and in our lives personally. Itís how God operates as the soverign of the universe. He is established, his thorn in the heaven, and his sovereignty rules over all. What will be done?
That means it is absolutely inevitable, Itís gonna happen, itís also immutable, not changing, and likewise it is irresistible and there is no one who can resist his determined will. Unconditional, God is unconditional, God is going to do some things, conditioned upon nothing, for the simple reason he has purpose to do it. It is purposeful, comprehensibe, it takes in every single thing you and I can think of, and so it is also unpredictable. We cannot predict what Godís destine will is.
We think of all the turmoil going on in the world today and what in the world is going to happen? God knows exactly what will happen!
Is God in control of that, is he in control of every bit of that, why does God let all these things happen?
What I want you to see is if you do not believe that God is soverign and absolutely in control, if that is not the basics of your Theology, then everything will be in chaos, no matter what, he is not in soverign control, who is, heís not, nobody is, therefore our prayers. Therefore our faith, therefore our decisions.
They are all based on what? They are all based on my decisions, my ability to make decisions.
Think about how many decisions you make, and sometimes you trust others decisions, and sometimes you can trust them, and sometimes you canít.
You make decisions sometimes thinking you have all the facts, all the truth about it.
Sometimes you do and sometimes you donít.
The only person who can absolutely guide you, unquestionably in the truth to that which is right and good every single time, is the soverign omnission, almighty Jehovah, son of God, Jesus Christ.
He is the only one. So when you deny that, you deny the basic foundational truth, that soverign God of the universe, the God of the Bible, is God that is in control.
We ask a question, why there is pain and suffering? He has destined the will of things that they will be done.
Unchangeable and irresistible, no matter what man says, they are irresistible.
We think we have a mind of our own, and we do, but above is the mind of God, and he is incharge. God has and it will be done.
You have choices in your life, but his destined will, his determined will, are things that are absolutely going to happen. What is the attitude of God? As we read in
Ephesians 1:4 -5; Romans 6:23; Revelation 2:11; Revelation 21:8
Ephesians 1:5 Having predestined unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ, to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will. He does what he does because it is his good pleasure!
God does these according to and for the purpose of his good will. There are some times mysterious things we do not understand about God.
God does not expect us to understand, and neither does he promise to give us understanding.
We would say, if God does not give us understanding, why should we obey?
If you think you will always understand everything God knows, you absolutely are foolish.
Because God has reserved some things for himself and we ought not to ask, but do what the Lotrd commands us to do.
When we look at his destined and determined will, itís evident what his purpose is.
Ephesians 1:6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. So it is for the praise of the glory of his will. Then he says again in
Ephesians 1:12; Psalm 148: 1 -5;
Romans 8: 27 -28 and he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
So things that are happening in the world, that all things work together to the good, to them that love God according to his purpose.
Can God take your sin and suffering and your heartache and your burdens and your trials and tribulations and turn them to good? Yes he can.
Can he do the same thing on a world wide basis?
Yes he can.
Is anything limiting God?
No it is not.
Because of our limited understanding we put God in a bottle, not aware of the awesome powers he possesses.
Can any of manís made devices match the awesome power of God? No they cannot.
So when people in their rebellious attitude with their arrogance and their prideful humanity.
Godís awesome majesty, with a note, a word, or a thought can stop onesí heart in a beat and no man made device can change that.
We become arrogant, we think we are in control, weíre in charge, Godíd destine will rules over all things at all times and every single circumstance in life and no matter who you maybe and what is going on in your life.
Hebrews 6:17 Wherein God willing more abundantly to show unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsil, confirmed it by an oath.
When God made a promise to Abraham, he made an oath. Israel is about the length Israel is about one mile wide, the width about half a mile. With all the wars and rumors of wars going on around Israel, it always gets our attention.
Genesis 17: 1 -14
So no matter what manís ultimate achievement is in this world, Godís WILL BE DONE. We ask if sin and suffering is in Godís plan. Absolutely not! As we read in
Ephesians 1:3-5 blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed heavenly places in Christ. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world that we should be holy and without blame before him in love. Hving predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, his will.

Once we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, what dose it means that God chose you and me before the foundation of the world? What did he choose us to do?
He chose us to be holy and blameless before him.
If sin were not in Godís plan, then did God react in the garden?
Then why would God chooses us before the foundation of the world, he choose us to be saved and be holy and blameless before him?
He gave man the will and the ability to say yes or no to God, with the condition there is a penalty to justify sin.
God gave man a degree of free will to chose, we have free will to a certain limitation.
God has never given anyone ultimate free will, people thought they may have free will, but there is a limitation by almighty God on all free will.
If sin were not in his plan, whatís he doing before the foundation of the world already choosing us in Christ, which is to have a relationship with Christ, based on the cross, whereby our sins have been forgiven?
By justifying our sins by the second death, we have been predestined to the adoption of sons, which means, not only did he save us but he chose before the foundation of the world to make you a child of God. He separated us from those who were not children of God, all that had to be in Godís plan so these are the ones he chose in Christ, through our relationship to him, before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him, which means, apart from him we would not be holy and blamesless, he says, in love he predestined us as adopted to be his children.
God had it all in mind.
So all that God created in this world, the oceans, trees, vallies, mountains, sun, moon and stars, with all their beauty and it would have been a wonderful expression of love. His power, his love and his beauty and his creativity.
What is the most glorifying, most awesome expression of love ever known to man?
The crucifixion, Jesus Christ the son of God taken upon himself, the sin of all mankind, the ultimate expression of love for his children, past, present and future.
Suffering the second death of the separation of the father, in the shedding of his blood, the water of life, bearing upon himself and his own body our sins, bringing about the forgiveness of our sins, giving us the gift of eternal life and the holy spirit, enabling us to walk before him in holiness and righteousness and blessing. Giving the crucifixion. It is the most glorifying thing to God, known to humanity.
of the spiritual gifts he has given us, to live out our lives in a way that praises and honors him and glorifies him. There is no expression in all of humanity to match . Psalms 86:2-16
Letís think about the person who became an alcoholic early in life, or got on drugs early in life, wasted and ruined and wrecked their life and now they are 65 years of age, and they get saved, or 75 years of age, and they get saved, or 85 years of age, and God saved them all. Think about what that person thinks about.
God you mean to tell me that you would save me after I lived my life and wasted my life and you reached down unto the sinfull wicked, vile hearts of humanity.
And that he says, yes I saved you because you are a person and because he loves every single one of us. Does he give glory and honor in the midst of sin? Yes he does.
How many times have you walked through suffering in your life? Maybe physical or emotional, how can God be glorified in our suffering and sins? Would you not agree, that all of us who have been through those circumstances have said in those times it was a time of cleansing.
It was a time of conforming me to the likeness of Christ; it was a time of conforming me to his image.
It was a time when God was speaking in ways I could not hear before, it was a way that God was giving me insight and understanding.

Revelations 1:3; Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written there in for the tme is at hand.
Matthew 13:19 Matthew 24:6. And ye shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. In
Verse 7; for nation shall raise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there shall be famine and pestilence and earthquakes in divers places. In
Verse 27; for as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west, so shall also the coming of the son of man,
So is Godís determine will, we know that there is going to be a judgement. As we r
Acts 17:31; Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; Whereof he hath given assurance unto all me, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
II Peter 3:7; but the heavens and the earth, which are now by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the Day of Judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
We know there is going to be a seven year tribulation, and also there are some things he has revealed to us as we read;
Matthew 13:11; It is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven.
For this is the will of God and cannot be altered.

There is a point where man wants to die and then, judgment comes and the end shall be.
Can we know? There are certain things we can know and cannot know.
What is Godís desired will for our life? His determined will is what he is going to do? And his desired will is what he wants to do in our life. For this is the will of God.
Godís desired will include his moral laws that apply to everybody. For example; the 10 commandments.
He desires that we abide by those laws. His desired will is that you and I abide by all of his laws. The greatest of all these commands is, love thy Father with all thy heart, all thy soul, all thy mind, body and strength; and second, to love thy neighbor as you love me. As we read in

I Thessalonians 5:18; In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. In
Ephesians 4:31-32; Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and evil speaking be put away from you with malice. And be ye kind one to another, even as God for Christís sake hath forgiven you.
I know without an absolute doubt that we should have a legitimate right to be unforgiving toward anyone, no matter what any one say, man donít know what he done to me, nobody knows what he have done to me.
But one thing we do know, no one crucified for you! There are moral laws in the words of God that apply to our life everyday. If I am going to walk in his will, I must know the word of God.
We might pray to God to save us if it is his will. In
Matthew 16:18-19;
Mark 14:36; and he said Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me; never the less not what I will, but what thou wilt.
So if we ask God to save us, if it is his will, we know that it is his will.
II Timothy 2:4; Who will have all men to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth?

If we are praying for God for salvation, to save us, if we know that it is his will, we are assured and guaranteed of his word and promise to us for it is written.
He has included in his desired will his intensions for my life and your life.
What he intends for us, his wishes, he wishes and desires that you and I discover his vocation, the one that he wants us to work in your life and follow that.
Will it always be the same for everybody? No. Will it always be one vocation for all of your life? No. He has certainly chosen vocations that fit your skills, abilities, talents, personality and spiritual gifts that he gave you and predestined before you were ever born.
He is not going to put you into doing something you are totally unfit for, it is not the will and plan and purpose of God.
You need to ask, on the basis God of the skills, abilities, talents and intellect we have, and the desires of my heart and your heart; we ask how you want to invest in our lives.
God has a right, he wants to be involved in your life, for example, when God sends you a signal, and he is sending you a signal to protect you. So I pondered it in my heart and that, I tried to reason it out. But God knows my reasoning is not adequate enough.
But it does guarantee us that our direction will always be right, for this is not the will of God.
For there are many people that live outside the will of God, and wonder why God doesnít bless them. Letís talk about Godís desires and mistakes that we make. What is his will, every single one of us has made mistakes in our lives, and everyone has sinned against God even at the cross.
So we know we have been out of Godís will hundreds of thousands of times, so how does God respond to that? We think about growing up and no one ever told us God, hading a will for our life. No one ever told you that here is what happens when God is trying to call you. Nobody ever explained to you that you could find out what Godís thinking if you ask him, nobody ever said, the one thing to be sure to do is learn how to listen to God in the word.
So now you have grow up; ignorance, spiritual ignorance.
Your parents might have been Christian, but left it all up to you. Choose the wrong person to marry, choose the wrong vocation, never tell you not to get yourself into debt, if you canít afford it, donít but it, how you ought to dress, as a good Christian until you make a mistakes.
You sin against God and now you are out of his will, then what is the wich of God, his desired will? What is his desired will after we have blown it?
Is it his desired will that we come to the realization that we sinned against him again?
We ask him to forgive us of our sin, our foolishness, our rebellion and we thought we knew it all.
We planned out life from the start to finish, but in the end we hurt the most important person, Jesus Christ and God the Father. He hears us, forgives us, he takes the pieces of our messed up, broken life, and with the glue of his love and forgiveness, he puts the pieces back together. Now this is my circumstantial will for your life, on the basis you wasted those years, on the basis you messed up, sinned, and got out of my will, heard a lot of other people, but now I put the pieces back together, glued by his love, his blood, and his forgiveness. He is my will for the rest of your life, my circumstantial will, and it is an expression of my awesome love for you.
When the prodigal son came home, what did the father say?

Luke 15: 11 - 32 for this thy broyher was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:44 PM

8,989 posts, read 12,446,997 times
Honestly from the sovereign, perceptive to the permissive will. It all gives me a headache . What I concentrate on is His perceptive or revealed will. This is is what He reveals to us in the bible whereas His other wills are deliberately hidden from us creating an impossible quest.

Our responsibility is to obey the revealed will of God and not to speculate on what His hidden will for us might be.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:49 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,376,101 times
Default A mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Honestly from the sovereign, perceptive to the permissive will. It all gives me a headache . What I concentrate on is His perceptive or revealed will. This is is what He reveals to us in the bible whereas His other wills are deliberately hidden from us creating an impossible quest.

Our responsibility is to obey the revealed will of God and not to speculate on what His hidden will for us might be.

Matthew 13:11 Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Mark 4:11 but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables;

Luke 8:11 that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand. Now the parable is this; The seed is the word of God.

Romans 11: 25-26For I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved; as it is written, There shall come out Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob;

Romans 16: 25-27Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began. But now is made manifest and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith;

First Corinthians 2: 6-12Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect; yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought; But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the world unto our glory; Which none of the princes of this world knew; for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit; for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

First Corinthians 4:1Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

First Corinthians 13: 2And though I have the gift of prophecy and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains and have not charity, I am nothing.

First Corinthians 14: 2-5For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understand him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries. But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification and exhortation and comfort. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church. I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret that the church may receive edifying.

First Corinthians 15:50-57Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep,
(Jesus will awake us from our sleep from this world, to prepare us of the wedding. )but we shall all be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and all shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1: 9Having made known unto us the mysteryof his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself;

Ephesians 3: 1-9For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christfor you Gentiles, If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward; How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery;
(as I wrote afore in few words. Whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel. Whereof I was made a minister according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. Unto me who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unreachable riches of Christ. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 5:32This is a great mystery; but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Ephesians 6:19And for me that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

Colossians 1: 26-27Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints; To whom God would make known that is the riches of the glory of this mystery, among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory;

Colossians 2:2That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ.

Colossians 4:3Withal praying also for us, that God would open unto us a door of utterance, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in bonds;

Second Thessalonians 2:7For the mysteryof iniquity doth already work; only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

First Timothy 3: 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

Revelation 1: 20The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand and the seven golden lamp stands. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches; and the seven lamp stands which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 10:7But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Psalms 25:14The secret of the Lord is with them that fear him; and he will show them his covenant.

Deuteronomy 29: 29The secret things belong unto the Lord our God; but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Revelation 17: 5And upon her forhead was a name written. MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

First John 4: 1 – 6 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
5They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity