Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,053 times

Advertisements

The man should be the head of his household but should LOVE his wife. A woman should SUBMIT herself to her husband and LISTEN to her husband.

Feminity should submit itself to masculinity.

Old 11-16-2009, 04:08 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Submission to a husband is not subjection but thourgh trusting Love See A husband who is faithful to you and God is one you can never divorce by the laws Jesus gave on the Holy Spirit. The rule of submission is only a given mode though the heart , where subjection is against your will and not interpeted correctly, See In Heaven all people are equal though Jesus. the first are last , the last are first Submission to one to another are a trusted love, as Christian we submit one to another though supporting one another by prayer for one another supports every one unselfishly

Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
So man is the one that says God is wrong,that the bible is wrong that it doesn't apply to these modern wonderful times we live in because we are no longer savage and live in an advanced culture. I don't think so.
Culture has NOTHING to do with spiritual development of our eternal soul. It is a carnal and worldly concern. We will achieve spiritual success in differing degrees despite being saved. Each of us, inevitably, must spend varying amounts of our life in ignorance and rejection of the optimal. Therefore, varying "quantities and qualities" of eternal soul will be produced. It is probably to this variable production that Jesus refers in his parable of the sower, Matt 13:23,

. . . And the one sown upon good ground, that is he who hears the word and understands it; he bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixtyfold, and in another thirtyfold.

Since we have no way of knowing how much thirtyfold is, or how "quantity or quality" of soul is measured, it would seem prudent to get started producing correctly as soon as possible. Feel free to use the primitive "milk" fed to the "infant souls" of 2000+ years ago. I think I'll try the more nutritious and productive "solid food."

Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I thought you weren't married... how do you find comments about a non-existent wife offensive?
Not married?
After I paid for a wedding and all the trimmings?

Then who is this lady I have been sleeping with for 28 years?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
--Throughout this thread.

You couldn't find even one place could you?....LOL

I bet you searched and searched, but ...darn, Alan never did insult you...darn it...

I have never insulted any personally.
I have never attacked anyone by name.
I have never tried to twist people's husbands or wives into this debate, and ues them against them, , or worse yet, tried to bring up the other person's children.

I always set a good example.

Yes, I do tell a few jokes from time to time,,,
and , not everyone gets my jokes...(That much is clear)
But they are jokes...just jokes.
I have never insulted anyone here...

Last edited by alanMolstad; 11-16-2009 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Ohhhh, if I did not have other pressing matters to deal with at this moment,
I will be looking forward to reading all them bible verses that teach that the Bible does not tell wives to submit to their husbands...

Yes, looking forward to that....

Old 11-16-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I thought you weren't married... how do you find comments about a non-existent wife offensive?
Im intrigued...

Where did you ever get the idea that I'm not married?
Is there some post where that was seen?
Could you have mixed up me with another forum brother?

Honestly, I have talked about my wife a lot, not on this topic but on others....
I even talked about the new shoes I got my wife so she can go outside a few times this year before it snows...

So where did the idea that Im not married come forth from?

Old 11-16-2009, 04:55 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Any wife who is loved the way Christ loved the church will have no problem submitting to her husband. But one should be careful who one chooses to marry because that is the rule. I didn't make the rule, but if I want to be happily married, I must obey the rule. And I won't tell you I always like the submitting, but everything needs a leader and it can't be both of us.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
I find it disrespectful to me, or anyone, to be told so dismissively that to your way of seeing things, that 'letters before or after one's name' is moot. .
yes, while there is nothing wrong with a bunch of higher schoolings, the simple fact is that it's a moot point as far as marking out people who have faith in the Bible or people who do not.

It's moot...it's like skin color, or height, or number of fingers and toes a person might have.
It's moot.

There is no guarantee of salvation because of it.
It means nothing as far as seeking faith goes, and is no help at all in finding true faith in the Bible and in Jesus.

The fact is that the Christian faith is not subject to that type of human endeavors.
You cant look at a person's education and think you know just by looking at that alone if they are a Christian or not...it's moot.

Old 11-16-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Any wife who is loved the way Christ loved the church will have no problem submitting to her husband. But one should be careful who one chooses to marry because that is the rule. I didn't make the rule, but if I want to be happily married, I must obey the rule. And I won't tell you I always like the submitting, but everything needs a leader and it can't be both of us.
Well spoken!

Moderator cut: inulting
Amen Sister!...Amen!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-16-2009 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: insult to those who disagree with you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity