Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 05:59 AM

6 posts, read 7,186 times

Advertisements

Before the world was created, if you were already selected to be saved, you shall be
saved when you confess your sins and accept Jesus as your savior when you come
into this world.

There are those who are NOT selected (NOT LISTED), and somehow confess their sins
and accept Jesus as savior, could be unsaved when they later left Jesus with their own
free will.

The former is like chosen real children of a King whereas the latter is like adopted children of the King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 04:48 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I have to confess till yesterday I have not read my bible in a week and a half and I have had doubt and worry just filling me these last few days not to mention conviction from the Holy Spirit. After I read my bible I felt a little better but nothing compared to what I usually feel when I am constantly feeding on His Word but today I was under a lot of pressure at work and I must admit I was on the verge of losing it. Just a few hours ago I went to the copier and noticed all the sheets I sent through didn't print because the guys downstairs were printing a different size paper which cause the machine to idle. I was infuriated so I decided to deliberately delete their print so mine could go through. I must admit it was not just selfishness on my part but vindictiveness as well because I am not greatly fond of them, just when I was about to do the act the Holy Spirit convicted me right then and there. It was not a "now Rogy, you should know better conviction" or was it a "tsk...tsk...tsk...you are a Christian conviction", instead it was "You better not! if you want to see my gates conviction" I was stunned, it was just a mere deletion, I didn't steal or murder. Why God? Why would you bring up the gates?, you have never done that to me before? I instantly got scared, was God telling me something, was my God telling me I am dangerously walking that line of losing my salvation, that doing this bad deed will lead to other bad deeds or was it something else? I was dazed and confused to say the least, I just could not put my finger on it.

I went to my desk and to get my mind off of things I listened to a sermon over the internet where the pastor was just touching "Once saved always saved" and then IT HIT ME! like a ton of bricks, as sweet as a ton of bricks could be... if you only could see my face. I WAS SAVED!, I AM SAVED! and my salvation is secure and He will never let me go just like He promised. It all made sense, if there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation then there is nothing we can do to lose our salvation, It's all Him....PRAISE GOD! I am not saved because of me or that I made the appropriate steps toward righteousness. I am saved because God willed it and planned it, I belong to Him, I am bought with His Son's blood. Do you not see, I wanted to do wrong, I yearned and ached for it but God said, NO! I realized right then and there that I don't own my life anymore, He does and he intends to keep me and He will never let me go!

I am on the brink of tears people.
I am impressed with your understanding...you don't see that in most Christians of today, especially young ones.....Instead of seeing just staight wisdom in scripture...they see a lot of symbology and overspiritualize everything.....If it is from God, you have to feel it, instead of just knowing it according to scripture....I have met people that know the bible back and forth better than i, but, they believe it is just a compilation of man made fiction......that's the difference.....A man on trial for murder may not neccessaerily feel guilty about his crime, but, it does not negate the fact that he is guilty.....Don't trust feelings....trust the Word Of The Living God....

Old 11-16-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
if there's nothing you must do to be saved then the whole world is saved.
You just don't get it.....sigh...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
There is nothing you can do to earn your salvation....

No because the world does not believe therefore is un-regenerated, the Holy Spirit cannot dwell in an un-regenerated person; just like faith, faith is not something you generate yourself. Faith is a gift from God.

(Romans 8:30)

30 "And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

You are right on, Brother...

Old 11-16-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
i didnt say you can 'earn it' but you 'must do something'
Nope...doing something is a Work and that is of the Devil....

Old 11-16-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
A beautiful report!! for whom the Lord loves he chastise, and to be chastised, is to know you are loved, a growing Christian into maturity......however, remember that the word is written in your heart, and that the early Christians did not have the advantage to read the bible everyday.....I think they had it better by totally relying upon the holy spirit> your word I have hid in my heart. To trust the Lord completely in your salvation....That is finding complete rest in him The ultimate Sabbath.
They did have it.....The letters from the Apostles, which form the NT, referred to the Scriptures, which is the OT.....if you read the NT you will see numerous references to the OT...this is what they taught out of....think about it...

Old 11-16-2009, 05:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
To be quite honest apart from the early days of believing i have never considered the question once saved always saved , there has always been this witness inside of me that says i belong to Him . I have jumped on ships just like Jonah to go my own way and still heard that witness inside of me saying i belong to Him.

All i know is i belong to Him

Old 11-16-2009, 10:32 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,937,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To be quite honest apart from the early days of believing i have never considered the question once saved always saved , there has always been this witness inside of me that says i belong to Him . I have jumped on ships just like Jonah to go my own way and still heard that witness inside of me saying i belong to Him.

All i know is i belong to Him
Same experience for me when I'm alone in prayer and when reading the scriptures. I don't base my salvation on those feelings, but like Christ tells us:

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
Joh 10:28 And I give eternal life to them, and they shall not perish to the age, never! And not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
I have to confess till yesterday I have not read my bible in a week and a half and I have had doubt and worry just filling me these last few days not to mention conviction from the Holy Spirit. After I read my bible I felt a little better but nothing compared to what I usually feel when I am constantly feeding on His Word but today I was under a lot of pressure at work and I must admit I was on the verge of losing it. Just a few hours ago I went to the copier and noticed all the sheets I sent through didn't print because the guys downstairs were printing a different size paper which cause the machine to idle. I was infuriated so I decided to deliberately delete their print so mine could go through. I must admit it was not just selfishness on my part but vindictiveness as well because I am not greatly fond of them, just when I was about to do the act the Holy Spirit convicted me right then and there. It was not a "now Rogy, you should know better conviction" or was it a "tsk...tsk...tsk...you are a Christian conviction", instead it was "You better not! if you want to see my gates conviction" I was stunned, it was just a mere deletion, I didn't steal or murder. Why God? Why would you bring up the gates?, you have never done that to me before? I instantly got scared, was God telling me something, was my God telling me I am dangerously walking that line of losing my salvation, that doing this bad deed will lead to other bad deeds or was it something else? I was dazed and confused to say the least, I just could not put my finger on it.

I went to my desk and to get my mind off of things I listened to a sermon over the internet where the pastor was just touching "Once saved always saved" and then IT HIT ME! like a ton of bricks, as sweet as a ton of bricks could be... if you only could see my face. I WAS SAVED!, I AM SAVED! and my salvation is secure and He will never let me go just like He promised. It all made sense, if there is nothing we can do to earn our salvation then there is nothing we can do to lose our salvation, It's all Him....PRAISE GOD! I am not saved because of me or that I made the appropriate steps toward righteousness. I am saved because God willed it and planned it, I belong to Him, I am bought with His Son's blood. Do you not see, I wanted to do wrong, I yearned and ached for it but God said, NO! I realized right then and there that I don't own my life anymore, He does and he intends to keep me and He will never let me go!

I am on the brink of tears people.
I appreciate your post. Very well stated regardless of how you came by that realization.. now think further to how you deserved that... you say that you are saved and nothing you did caused this to happen but it is all his work in you.. why then do you still deny that he wants all men to be saved and if he is the one causing it then it will be done.. All men.. everyone.. believer and unbeliever.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
......I'm with you Fund...what a precious story...as I read your thread, I knew in my heart that this was a good thing, all the way around, and not a bad thing at all. First, having not fed on the Word, your spirit was hungry, and telling you it needed nourishment. Then, the Holy Spirit whispers to you, and you "hear" it with your heart. It was a test, and because you do have a healthy fear of the Lord, (which we are supposed to have), you passed. If you had gone through with the "deed", it could have very well lead to something much worse, and the Holy Spirit was doing His job..to protect you amd guide you in the way that you should go! Many times someone will do something "little" in their view, and it turns into a huge, very costly event that they never dreamed would have ever happened! Your spirit knew something that you didn't! Jesus' eyes see ALL things, and He saw you harken to His Spirit inside you, and He saw you make the right choice. There was death and life starring you in the face, and you chose life!! When He saw you run to Him for comfort, He held out His arms to you for you to run into, and He told you how much He loves you and cares about you...and that He has big plans for you in your future, and He doesn't want you to miss out on them! The joy of the Lord IS your strength to get through things victoriously! Don't worry Fund, your salvation IS secure...just continue to listen to that still small voice...He WILL complete the work He has begun in you!!! Hallejuah!!! Praise His Beautiful Name!!.........Love...........thank you for sharing that with me.
I just reread this OP again for the first time since I posted this...and I must correct myself...I posted this reply to Fundie after reading his OP, and I was so glad to hear how he made the right choice by listening to the Holy Spirit, and not going through with his initial intentions, that I totally missed the "once saved always saved part"...and that our salvation is secure...Once saved always saved is a lie...and our salvation IS NOT secure...we CAN absolutely loose it, the Bible says so...God says so.

I think I told you your salvation was secure Fundie because I thought that you were a repentant, born-again child of God...but now I remember that you admitt that you do not keep the commandments of God...I even think you said that you were not saved...? Right?

I just want to make sure that everyone knows where I stand concerning our salvation...and that's upon the Word of God.

Thank you Jesus for looking out for me...character and honor is everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity