Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 08:07 PM

980 posts, read 1,146,078 times

Advertisements

It seems like there's a huge con industry around counseling; "Christian counseling" included. However, it does seem like there is something real. I think The Seven Deadly Sins (I think, a popular tract from The Middle Ages) pretty much spells out what happens to us. Fear, shame and guilt stir up our pride and we become: gluttonous, slothful, lustful, wrathful, greedy and envious. So, what is an alcoholic? A glutton for booze. What is a sex addict? Lustful. What are they both full of? Pride. Eating disorders? Gluttony. Thief? Greed. Feminism? Envy. Have secular/pagan psychologists noticed this? Sure, but they are unhinged from God. So, they always end up idiots and pathetically weak.

How are we supposed to deal with our fear, shame and guilt? Christ is our Savior (that's the fear department). Shame, we wash in His Blood. Guilt, we put it on The Cross. Ultimately, when we turn to other things, we are lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Question Psych of Homosexuality

It appears that homosexual children come from homes where the mother is dominant. This is not surprising.

God's design is clear, "And Jehovah God saith, `Not good for the man to be alone, I do make to him an helper -- as his counterpart.'" Genesis 2:18 (YLT) Remember, a helper is a submissive position and this verse was referring to Eve prior to The Curse. Later, after her disobedience, God says, "Unto the woman He said, `Multiplying I multiply thy sorrow and thy conception, in sorrow dost thou bear children, and toward thy husband [is] thy desire, and he doth rule over thee.'" Genesis 3:16 (YLT) Here, the woman is told that she is supposed to desire her husband and that he would rule over her. A woman who desires her husband, wants to please him; she seeks his approval. This is the key to the husbands power. Once she rejects this, his power over her wanes. Dad, in his discouragement, withdraws and mom takes over. That's the pattern. It is not a unique pattern and it is as old as the hills. However, God has ordained this relationship. So, it would follow that her rejection of this invokes God's curse. Remember, The Law assures us, those who obey God's Law are blessed and those who disobey are cursed. Hence, the product of homes like this is often twisted and, it would appear, that women like this, their minds are "disorderly." Remember, the word crazy is synonymous with disorder and chaos.

O.k., so what of the kid (remember, this gets the boys and the girls) who's raised in this home? Well, you'll have to recover for your parents and you'll need the power of God to accomplish that. Basically, this is accomplished using the tools in the opening post. As a guide to rebuilding your "insides." You can use developmental charts like Erikson's stages of psychosocial development. Be aware, Erikson was probably a Pantheist (like Carl Sagan or Albert Einstein). And like those fellows, he can be a raving idiot. Also, be aware that charts like Erikson's appear to be the subject of revisionists. Not surprisingly those folks are often looking for ways to accommodate Homosexuality and Female Domination into a model for healthy human development. Once again this shows, the mind unhinged from God's Laws is stupid

Old 12-06-2008, 01:58 PM

414 posts, read 776,724 times
Question A grouse I've longed to get rid of ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
It seems like there's a huge con industry around counseling; "Christian counseling" included. However, it does seem like there is something real. I think The Seven Deadly Sins (I think, a popular tract from The Middle Ages) pretty much spells out what happens to us. Fear, shame and guilt stir up our pride and we become: gluttonous, slothful, lustful, wrathful, greedy and envious. So, what is an alcoholic? A glutton for booze. What is a sex addict? Lustful. What are they both full of? Pride. Eating disorders? Gluttony. Thief? Greed. Feminism? Envy. Have secular/pagan psychologists noticed this? Sure, but they are unhinged from God. So, they always end up idiots and pathetically weak.

How are we supposed to deal with our fear, shame and guilt? Christ is our Savior (that's the fear department). Shame, we wash in His Blood. Guilt, we put it on The Cross. Ultimately, when we turn to other things, we are lost.

Wasn't there this voice? Or a face to face? Or a pathway with signposts
(even if it's Route 66, even some rolling stones). A blue flower perhaps, called cychorium intybus ...

Haven't there been so many coincidences unfortunately taken for granted instead of surprises?

Old 12-06-2008, 02:16 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
It appears that homosexual children come from homes where the mother is dominant. This is not surprising.

God's design is clear, "And Jehovah God saith, `Not good for the man to be alone, I do make to him an helper -- as his counterpart.'" Genesis 2:18 (YLT) Remember, a helper is a submissive position and this verse was referring to Eve prior to The Curse. Later, after her disobedience, God says, "Unto the woman He said, `Multiplying I multiply thy sorrow and thy conception, in sorrow dost thou bear children, and toward thy husband [is] thy desire, and he doth rule over thee.'" Genesis 3:16 (YLT) Here, the woman is told that she is supposed to desire her husband and that he would rule over her. A woman who desires her husband, wants to please him; she seeks his approval. This is the key to the husbands power. Once she rejects this, his power over her wanes. Dad, in his discouragement, withdraws and mom takes over. That's the pattern. It is not a unique pattern and it is as old as the hills. However, God has ordained this relationship. So, it would follow that her rejection of this invokes God's curse. Remember, The Law assures us, those who obey God's Law are blessed and those who disobey are cursed. Hence, the product of homes like this is often twisted and, it would appear, that women like this, their minds are "disorderly." Remember, the word crazy is synonymous with disorder and chaos.

O.k., so what of the kid (remember, this gets the boys and the girls) who's raised in this home? Well, you'll have to recover for your parents and you'll need the power of God to accomplish that. Basically, this is accomplished using the tools in the opening post. As a guide to rebuilding your "insides." You can use developmental charts like Erikson's stages of psychosocial development. Be aware, Erikson was probably a Pantheist (like Carl Sagan or Albert Einstein). And like those fellows, he can be a raving idiot. Also, be aware that charts like Erikson's appear to be the subject of revisionists. Not surprisingly those folks are often looking for ways to accommodate Homosexuality and Female Domination into a model for healthy human development. Once again this shows, the mind unhinged from God's Laws is stupid
Where on earth did you come up with this? Homosexuality cause by domineering mothers....Hogwash.

Old 12-06-2008, 02:39 PM

414 posts, read 776,724 times
Not too sure if this subject should not be linked with the excellent insights on

All babies start out female....soooo....

Old 12-06-2008, 02:59 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,016,755 times
[quote=Chef Boyardee;6450849]It appears that homosexual children come from homes where the mother is dominant. This is not surprising.

This is the most absurd and un-true statement I have read on this board!!! It's this type of uneducated and prejudiced statement that causes so much pain and abuse to those in the homosexual world. I know and love many homosexual friends and there is homosexuality in my family and in NO case was their parents the cause for any of it. We are who we are born to be...plain and simple.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:35 PM

That's called "denial." It's what they call a "defense." When confronted with something that makes us feel fear, shame or guilt, we throw up a defense; that's called, lying to ourselves. See, we just tell ourselves what we want to hear. You didn't invent this; everybody does it. That's why I think we need God to tell us what is right and wrong and give us the power to deal with our emotions, without debauching ourselves.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
where religion and science are tangent there is reality.
the underlying theme in most religions is that morality contributes to good health, i mean shooting up and drinking 3 fifths of jack daniels a day does not promote health and longevity.
did a preacher get a hold of you dressed up like a MHS counselor? it happens and i am sorry it did.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:47 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
I really wish I had an emoticon that showed a guy grabbing an ice cold beer and sitting down on a recliner to watch the show.

By the way, the book you are referring to was Dante's The Divine Comedy sometimes referred to as Dante's Inferno or The Inferno and the "seven deadly sins" were referencing the terraces of purgatory that, to my understanding, most Christians don't believe in, and if I'm not mistaken, the Catholic Church has been put under a lot of pressure to admit that purgatory does not exist. I don't pay particular attention to the dealings of the Catholic Church but I thought I remembered hearing they have recently said it does not exist - but that is unverified and I could be hallucinating as it is 0300 in the morning here.

Now, in light of that, the conceptualized versions of hell (levels of hell, fire, punishment, etc...) were wrought from the depths of The Divine Comedy and used as orchestrated and instrumental tools of subjection and cowering fear for most worshippers in the Middle Ages to scare the living... hell... out of people.

To my own interest, I find that the seventh level of purgatory is for sexual sins such as getting horny or lusting. Sounds like my kind of place. Can't wait to meet everyone on Earth there!

Last edited by GCSTroop; 12-07-2008 at 02:00 AM..

Old 12-07-2008, 02:12 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:

It seems like there's a huge con industry around counseling; "Christian counseling" included.

Have secular/pagan psychologists noticed this? Sure, but they are unhinged from God. So, they always end up idiots and pathetically weak.

Gee.

This certainly comes as somewhat of a surprise to this "secular/pagan" psychotherapist. While June may not be a believer, she is here to tell you that she, for one, is certainly not "unhinged," (at least she wasn't, when last she checked) nor is she "pathetically weak." -And thank goodness for that. But what was most alarming, (and a tad insulting) about your OP was this:

"So they always end up idiots. "

Now, Chef Boyardee, June is merely asking you to listen to her very, very carefully:

June hardly discounts, minimizes, mocks, or negates the power of one's beliefs, particularly as regards the human process of life. June is also here to tell you that the vast majority of June's patients have told her that they believe in God. June's fine with that, as it speaks to those individual's inherent strenghts, which happen to be something that June, for one, (in being June,) neither ignores or discounts. But this potentially unhinged, pathetically weak and secular, pagan idiot also feels compelled to inform you of the following:

If faith and belief in God, alone, was all it took, then the world would be over flowing with Churches. They'd be brimming and bursting at the seams. June's entire profession would be necessarily nonexistent. But it's not.

You see, Chef Boyardee, when the likes of any individual seek out a therapist, perhaps unbeknownst to them they are, in fact, (on some level) taking on an endeavor that is ultimately "spiritual" in and of itself. It's transformative. (Which, to June's idiocy, speaks to something...) As well, rest assured that for those hours out of her week that June works with addicts, alcoholics, and abismally depressed individuals, that if their already-existing belief and faith could "carry the day" then it already would have. (Especially for those in whom the belief in some sort of "Higher Power" is an essential and integral part of their "recovery.")

So what's the deal, here?

--June would have no qualms with referring anyone to a Pastoral Counselor if she truly deemed it to be necessary. (Provided he/she was sufficiently trained both spiritually along with clinically.) If it's in the best interests of June's patient, then June's going with that.

June has to wonder from whence your OP comes from.

Such things as "faith," "belief," and "counselling" are NOT necessarily mutually exclusive. --And oftentimes, your God both presents and works himself in some most mysterious ways...

--Not that this pathetically weak, pagan secularist idiot who is on the verge of becoming unhinged would necessarily know....

Take gentle care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity