Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 02:06 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,486,387 times

Advertisements

Like millions of women infected by the HIV/AIDS virus around the world, Sister Kamalawwa is living proof of the terrible way AIDS victims are treated.

An ANS India News team learned from her church about the sad case of Kamalawwa, a Christian woman who has been rejected by her family and society because she is suffering from tuberculosis and AIDS.

‘God is my only refuge,’ says Indian AIDS Victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 02:28 AM

173 posts, read 327,520 times
In India there's caste system where one group claims superiority over another. I think there are several castes, and the lowest caste literally gets cast away - rejected by society or something. Not to mention, India is full of superstitious beliefs and practices, with those with Aids or other diseases thought to be cursed and paying the price for their sins. This is sad and deplorable, we can only pray for them and the country.

Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShalomPeace View Post
In India there's caste system where one group claims superiority over another. I think there are several castes, and the lowest caste literally gets cast away - rejected by society or something. Not to mention, India is full of superstitious beliefs and practices, with those with Aids or other diseases thought to be cursed and paying the price for their sins. This is sad and deplorable, we can only pray for them and the country.
Our God is the God of the outcasts. If there is ever proof that God loves all. not just the elect, this passage of scripture shows it.
No matter who rejects you , even if it is the church , God our Father will in no wise cast you out .

6 "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.

7 The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?"
"I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered.
9 Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." 10 The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count."
11 The angel of the LORD also said to her:
"You are now with child
and you will have a son.
You shall name him Ishmael, [a]
for the LORD has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
his hand will be against everyone
and everyone's hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
toward [b] all his brothers." 13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen [c] the One who sees me." 14 That is why the well was called Beer Lahai Roi [d] ; it is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity