Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:45 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times

Advertisements

Does the doctrine mention underwear? Like what if you wore a dress but no underwear? Is that worse than wearing pants?

I ask.. because I do not know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 08:49 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
maybe you should ask in a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Does the doctrine mention underwear? Like what if you wore a dress but no underwear? Is that worse than wearing pants?

I ask.. because I do not know.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
I think YOU'RE missing the point

You knew the rules, and you know nobody is allowed in the church wearing pants at all, ever! In or out of the building!

That to me is called disrespectful and you expect the Pastor's wife to be nice to you?

Obedience is better than a sacrifice.

This has NOTHING TO DO with Christianity.

This has to do with etiquette and respect
No YOU are missing the point. There rule isn't that women aren't allowed in the church with pants....the rule is that members (women) of that organization aren't supposed to wear pants. At all, ever! I am no longer a member of that BS organization and was just helping my friend! Yes I expected the woman to be nice to me! I went in there to help. I was doing something nice. I wasn't walking into a service. I would've put a skirt on then.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:03 AM

Quote:
maybe you should ask in a new thread.
How would you pose the question? I'd hate to ask an insulting question.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
she is trying to live up to a tradition that you know as well as she does.
but she did not look the other way as you expected and it made you mad.
do you want fellowship with these people? i mean can you buy in mostly with their traditions
and doctrines, fellowship is nice. but if you cant take the little stuff, just cant take it i guess you gota quit.
i get it too, worse when others dont live up to the code but pick on me. but for me it has always been this way its--- all about me.
i have to work twice as hard to be 1/2 as accepted.
cant fix it-- about all i can do is sit on my haunches and howl at the moon with you.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-16-2008 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-16-2008, 09:34 AM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
So knowing all this you still went to wear pants?

Like I said....Obedience is better than a sacrifice

You had good intentions helping your friend, but showed disrespect by knowing the traditions/laws/rules.

You knew it was wrong...yet you did it anyway.

Now you're wondering why the Pastor's wife was snobbish to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
No YOU are missing the point. There rule isn't that women aren't allowed in the church with pants....the rule is that members (women) of that organization aren't supposed to wear pants. At all, ever! I am no longer a member of that BS organization and was just helping my friend! Yes I expected the woman to be nice to me! I went in there to help. I was doing something nice. I wasn't walking into a service. I would've put a skirt on then.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:06 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
You had good intentions helping your friend, but showed disrespect by knowing the traditions/laws/rules.
Pardon me, but this church in question seems like a place I would never go "back" to. I might make the mistake of going there once, but not twice.

If what a person wears, when they're doing a favor for the church, brings out this much hatred, I'm not interested.

Christian? Yes. Part of this church? No.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Pardon me, but this church in question seems like a place I would never go "back" to. I might make the mistake of going there once, but not twice.

If what a person wears, when they're doing a favor for the church, brings out this much hatred, I'm not interested.

Christian? Yes. Part of this church? No.
I agree with you about not want to attend this church but that's really not the point.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I agree with you about not want to attend this church but that's really not the point.
See actually it is the point.

The whole point was the pastors wifes reaction.

From what I can gather this was the first time it happened.

A polite "please don't do that again" would have sufficed.

Instead the pastors wife (no doubt a complete tool) decided a different route.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:57 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,190 times
Quote:

Did you miss the part where I said that I am no longer a member. No pastor's wife should be a snob....to anyone. I am not representing that congregaton anymore. She is representing them though! How's that for representation of Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity