U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2008, 10:04 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,308,865 times

Advertisements

Proverbs 3:5 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

I pride myself in my "Trust in the LORD". If you have become familiar with my posts and who I am, you have probably heard me say as much. I hold to two truths: 1) My Lord will not give me more than I can handle and 2) He will always provide.

But I must admit, the ecomony is taking a toll on almost everyone and I am no exception. I have found myself feeling 'frightened' about what tomorrow will bring. There is much uncertainty in today's world. I was very angry at myself for not 'Trusting in the LORD'. My husband and I spoke about my concerns today and it is funny how we all view things differently. He said that I am human and it is natural for me to be afraid/confused. He also expressed that he felt that sometimes I appear too strong, perhaps unconcerned about the way things are progressing.

I post this thread for two reasons, 1) to say thank you to my Lord for all that he has given me. I am blessed beyond reason. and 2) to start a thread for open discussion on what is happening in our lives and how we are handling it. Perhaps we can give each other some support...advice on how you are handling a certain situation.

Many blessings to you all.

<><
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 12:40 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,462,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

I post this thread for two reasons, 1) and 2) to start a thread for open discussion on what is happening in our lives and how we are handling it.

June saw this thread heading off into the CD archives, so she thought she would help her friend Weather. June's answer to #2:

What is happening in June's life right now is that she is sitting in her office passing time. The way she is handling it is by writing out this post.

-And you?

Take gentle idyll care.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,372,972 times
I feel that we take one day at a time as we do not know what tomorrow will bring,we as Christians put our trust totally in the Lord and we know that He will provide even in the tough times. We can't rely totally rely on ourselves to get things done as this is a fallacy,God is in total control at all times and has His reasons whether it be the state of the economy or natural disasters ,He is in control,we just need to put our total trust in Him.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,552,571 times
its easy when you got money in the bank, i dont deserve any real back patting right now, but there have been times, when i was proud of my attitude under bad circumstances. i am sure it looked pretty crazy to others.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:55 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,763,217 times
Good idea, Weather and something we can all agree on hopefully. What I do is what you said and the scripture you quoted....completely trust in the Lord, because He will provide. Maybe not in the way we would like, but in the way that we need.

I had no money for Christmas. I have been awaiting money for a settlement for 6 months and had no idea when it was coming. I received it December 2nd, just in time to get my shopping done and buy groceries. God provided, I didn't know how but I knew He would. It's hard not to worry and keep that in check. It's a constant thing to keep negative thoughts away and completely trust in God. We shouldn't beat ourselves up for it, but we should put it to rest as soon as possible because it's a flesh thing....it doesn't come from God because we know what He is capable of!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I'm off to finish up the shopping!! Praise God that I'm able to do that!!

Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,308,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post

-And you?

Take gentle idyll care.
weather is thankful to announce that today she got a knock on her door only to open it to TWO honeybaked hams. One from each of her sister-in-laws.

Now she knows what she will serve at her Christmas brunch on Sunday when we decorate cookies with the kids.

God is great. Ham is delicious.

<><

Old 12-17-2008, 02:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 29,586,943 times
Matthew 6:31-34 "So don't worry about having enough food or drink or clothing. Why be like the pagans who are so deeply concerned about these things? Your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs, and He will give you all need from day to day if you live for Him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today".

Old 12-17-2008, 03:47 PM

7,788 posts, read 10,462,333 times
Quote:

God is great. Ham is delicious.

And where you live, it's warm!

Old 12-18-2008, 12:30 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,778,440 times
Quote:
Proverbs 3:5 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

I pride myself in my "Trust in the LORD".
Man`s greatest sin is pride! If you have trust in God it is because he is willing it in you.... not of your own will.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM

7 posts, read 8,309 times
amen to that.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity