U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM

6,945 posts, read 7,121,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antjraf View Post
... no one who truly accepts Him will be denied.
We have yet to see this dispensation (Eph 1:10), but we cannot argue that all things will be given to Him...

Quote:
Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him. (Heb 2:8)
He ran around the bush a little in his writings, but anyway...what will He do with them?

Quote:
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37)
The crucial issue is that - what will He do with them? I believe He is a consuming fire (Deut 4:24, Heb 12:29) that will purge His creation of their sins. It will not be pretty, imo.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 03:14 PM

11,268 posts, read 8,766,597 times
Quote:
I believe He is a consuming fire (Deut 4:24, Heb 12:29) that will purge His creation of their sins. It will not be pretty, imo.
I agree. God bless.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM

178 posts, read 251,756 times
Quote:
Matthew 7
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You wrote - This true. Many wil not enter the kingdom in that day. There will come a time when all are to be subjected to God, that He may be all in all (1 Corinthians 15)

I think your interpretation here is flawed. It reads "not every one shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven". A time frame is not included in this statement. "Many will SAY to me in that day" means the day of judgement. This is when we know our fate. "I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity". When will they come back? Is there a second chance day?

Old 12-24-2008, 08:08 AM

Hi antjraf, many will not enter the kingdom of heaven in that day. When I look at the scriptures as a whole and see that God's plan is to reconcile all to Himself and understand that there are ages through which God is working out His plan, there is a time frame. Jesus never knew these people who were claiming to know Him but that doesn't mean that He won't know them some time in the future when all are subjected to Him so that God may be all in all. God bless.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi antjraf, many will not enter the kingdom of heaven in that day. When I look at the scriptures as a whole and see that God's plan is to reconcile all to Himself and understand that there are ages through which God is working out His plan, there is a time frame. Jesus never knew these people who were claiming to know Him but that doesn't mean that He won't know them some time in the future when all are subjected to Him so that God may be all in all. God bless.
I have a hard time with this. Certain men will approach at their judgement and say "Lord, Lord have we not served you?" Seems to me they are trying to receive entry into Heaven. They are not at this time cursing Him. And yet he tells them.. "I NEVER knew you, depart from me workers of iniquity." Why not permit them entry into His Kingdom if they ask for it at their judgement. I believe it is because God knows their heart, and that they are hypocrites, and that they have led many honest and true children in Christ astray intentionally in the name of God, and that they ARE of their father the devil and the synagogue of satan. When is the second chance to gain entry?

Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM

Hi antjraf, I believe that many will be excluded from entering and inheriting the kingdom of heaven that that this takes place during a certain time period or age. The scriptures speak of the ages, indefinite periods of time, not infinite. Many will receive condemnation and exclusion but all will eventually be subjected to Him so that God may be all in all at the end of the ages when all rule, power, and authority are abolished (1 Corinthians 15) They may be of the synagogue of satan but they ultimately belong to Jesus Christ (Colossians 1) I believe that their judgment will lead to their realization of what they really are. They will be confronted with their sinfulness and suffer the consequences but this will lead to their eventual restoration. I don't believe that it is about gaining entry into heaven but that it is about being reconciled to God. God bless.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:01 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,148,667 times
I honestly believe that the only blasphemy agaisnt God that will not be forgiven is when every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess but they still reject his truth. This just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:58 PM

6,945 posts, read 7,121,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I honestly believe that the only blasphemy agaisnt God that will not be forgiven is when every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess but they still reject his truth. This just my opinion and I could be wrong.
At that point, I believe their souls will be broken and their spirits contrite.

The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. (Psa 34:18)

Old 12-26-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. (John 6:37)

The crucial issue is that - what will He do with them? I believe He is a consuming fire (Deut 4:24, Heb 12:29) that will purge His creation of their sins. It will not be pretty, imo.
Little elmer, I came across this yesterday-

The carnal man sees "mercy" in God leaving him alone. God sees mercy from On High, in freeing man from that flesh. If God left the carnal man dead in sin without chastising him, that would be showing a lack of mercy. This process is called "deliverance from sin." Seth Tipton

God bless.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:25 AM

Here is some insight on the concept of "original sin"
Thirteen Reasons Why the Doctrine of Original Sin is False

Moderator cut: copyright violation-link- http://www.gospeltruth.net/menbornsinners/mbs07.htm

Last edited by Alpha8207; 12-27-2008 at 08:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity