U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-22-2008, 07:59 AM

11,217 posts, read 8,760,825 times
Hi Marianinark, do you believe that this will be due to the influence of God's presence? What will cause them to feel so much awe that they will fall down and worship Him? Will anyone be able to resist falling down and worshipping Him due to this? Will anyone not give praise to God and confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father? God bless.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 08:10 AM

force (noun)
1.physical power or strength possessed by a living being: He used all his force in opening the window. 2.strength or power exerted upon an object; physical coercion; violence: to use force to open the window; to use force on a person. 3.strength; energy; power; intensity: a personality of great force. 4.power to influence, affect, or control; efficacious power: the force of circumstances; a force for law and order. 5.Law. unlawful violence threatened or committed against persons or property.6.persuasive power; power to convince: They felt the force of his arguments. 7.mental or moral strength: force of character. 8.might, as of a ruler or realm; strength for war.9.Often, forces. the military or fighting strength, esp. of a nation.10.any body of persons combined for joint action: a sales force. 11.intensity or strength of effect: the force of her acting. dictionary.com

verb (used with object) 18.to compel, constrain, or oblige (oneself or someone) to do something: to force a suspect to confess. 19.to drive or propel against resistance: He forced his way through the crowd. They forced air into his lungs. 20.to bring about or effect by force.21.to bring about of necessity or as a necessary result: to force a smile. 22.to put or impose (something or someone) forcibly on or upon a person: to force one's opinions on others. 23.to compel by force; overcome the resistance of: to force acceptance of something. 24.to obtain or draw forth by or as if by force; extort: to force a confession. 25.to enter or take by force; overpower: They forced the town after a long siege. 26.to break open (a door, lock, etc.).27.to cause (plants, fruits, etc.) to grow or mature at an increased rate by artificial means.28.to press, urge, or exert (an animal, person, etc.) to violent effort or to the utmost.29.to use force upon.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:14 AM

22,862 posts, read 10,747,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I makes sense to me that what this is refering to is: the extreme awe that all will feel when they are in God's presence will 'force' them to fall down and worship Him. I do not think God will 'force' them to do so! It will just happen out of fear and awe.
IF . . . it were to happen . . . it would be because thier souls GENUINELY experience LOVE and THANKFULNESS . . . NOT fear and awe. If the individual soul is so corrupt it is incapable of so feeling . . . it will not happen.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
If the individual soul is so corrupt it is incapable of so feeling . . . it will not happen.
If this is true then why does God declare that every knee will bow and that every tongue will swear/swear allegiance/take an oath (according to the translation), confess, give praise MysticPhD?

Quote:
IF . . . it were to happen
Isaiah 45
22"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
For I am God, and there is no other.
23"I have sworn by Myself,
The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness
And will not turn back,
That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.
24"They will say of Me, 'Only in the LORD are righteousness and strength '
Men will come to Him,
And )all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
25"In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
Will be )justified and will glory." (NAS)

Isaiah 45:
22Turn to Me, and be saved, all ends of the earth, For I [am] God, and there is none else.
23By Myself I have sworn, Gone out from my mouth in righteousness hath a word, And it turneth not back, That to Me, bow doth every knee, every tongue swear.
24Only in Jehovah, said hath one, Have I righteousness and strength, Unto Him he cometh in, And ashamed are all those displeased with Him.
25In Jehovah are all the seed of Israel justified, And they boast themselves.' (Young’s Literal)

Romans 14 (caps from the translation)
7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself;
8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
10But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For )we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.
11For it is written,
"AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME,
AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL *GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."
12So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. (NAS)

Isaiah 45
22Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
23I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.
25In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. (KJV)

Isaiah 45
22 “ Look to Me, and be saved,
All you ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.
23 I have sworn by Myself;
The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness,
And shall not return,
That to Me every knee shall bow,
Every tongue shall take an oath.
24 He shall say,
‘ Surely in the LORD I have righteousness and strength.
To Him men shall come,
And all shall be ashamed
Who are incensed against Him.
25 In the LORD all the descendants of Israel
Shall be justified, and shall glory.’” (NKJV)

Isaiah 45:
22"Turn to me and be saved,
all the ends of the earth!
For I am God, and there is no other.23By myself I have sworn;
from my mouth has gone out in righteousness
a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow,
every tongue shall swear allegiance.'
24 "Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me,
are righteousness and strength ;to him shall come and be ashamed
all who were incensed against him.25In the LORD all the offspring of Israel
shall be justified and shall glory." (English Standard)

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 12-22-2008 at 08:48 AM..

Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 AM

3,981 posts, read 5,272,440 times
I cannot imagine any human being being so 'dead' that they will not experience extreme fear and/or awe in the presence of God!!!! If they have lived a wicked life, it will be great fear that they will experience....fear of the judgment on their wickedness,. If they have no doubts about their obedience to Him....awe for the extreme love that they will feel towards Almighty God !

Old 12-22-2008, 08:39 AM

If they will be so overcome by God's presence that they will bow and confess/give praise/give thanks to Him, what does this say about free will? Will anyone be able to resist the effect that God's presence will have on them? This is why I shared that I believe that God will convince all of who He is and not only that, but of their need for Him. The word for "bow" in the NT denotes an act of veneration

Veneration=a feeling of profound respect for someone or something2. religious zeal; the willingness to serve God; the highest degree of respect and reverence; respect mingled with awe (dictionary.com)

God bless.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 AM

6,945 posts, read 7,117,384 times
Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. (1 Cor 12:1-3)

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. (2 Cor 3:17)

Old 12-22-2008, 08:53 AM

Amen. God bless.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:09 AM

22,862 posts, read 10,747,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
If this is true then why does God declare that every knee will bow and that every tongue will swear/swear allegiance/take an oath (according to the translation), confess, give praise MysticPhD?
I believe that there is an implied "eventually" in all these references. Therefore, transmigration or reincarnation cannot be completely ruled out. A vague reference by Jesus in Luke 12:59, hints at the likelihood of it.

. . . I say to thee, thou wilt not come out from it until thou hast paid the very last mite.

The most gracious of Catholic interpretations considers this a reference to some form of purgatory, defined as a place where "lesser sins are punished" after death. (The punishment theme is so tenacious and persistent!) This `recognizes an intervening state for the "purification" of the soul and is identical, in that respect, to many eastern religions. The eastern views consider the purification process as successive reincarnations on this earth, whereas purgatory is in some spiritual place. A compromise view stresses successive planes of existence.

The idea of successive planes of existence is intriguing and quite comforting. Somehow it seems more just than having only one chance. A truly beautiful and enjoyable piece of literature that plays on that theme is the popular, "Jonathan Livingston Seagull."

Bottom line . . . my fellow believers in Christ . . . is that love conquers all . . . but it is freely acquired through accepting and adopting the holy spirit all in God's good time . . . with no fear or awe or punishment involved, IMO.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Bottom line . . . my fellow believers in Christ . . . is that love conquers all
I agree with this, MysticPh.D.

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity