Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:34 AM

5 posts, read 9,664 times

Advertisements

hi .. iam from india and iam very upset bcuz my relationship which is about more than 1.5 yrs old has come to an edge where my boy friend wants to break just bcuz i ask him to cut down on his drinks... i fought with him,....just bcuz i dnt want him to drink so much... and where he found problem... god knows why... yesterday only he told me that he needs time....!!! iam broke... can you please PRAY for me and my marriage with him as i love him truely.....!!!I really need someone to help me bcuz if iam gonna think... i wll go mad... mentle depression... which i dnt want ... due to this i cant even eat, laugh and sleep .. can you please pray for me for my randam patch up with him???Moderator cut: cut personal email addressplease get back to me... i wish and hope your prayers will lead into my marriage with him soon!!IN GOD's LOVEGEETA.FROM INDIA.

Last edited by Alpha8207; 12-20-2008 at 07:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 05:59 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,346,851 times
I'd be glad to. Even though it has nothing to do with drinking, my marriage is pretty tense right now too so I can somewhat relate. Good luck.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:04 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetaseth View Post
.. can you please pray for me for ... i wish and hope your prayers will lead into my marriage with him soon!!IN GOD's LOVEGEETA.FROM INDIA.
Geeta,

I will keep you and your marriage in my prayers. If you have not already done it, you might like to post a prayer request in the prayer thread at the top of the Religion & Philosopy forum.

<><

Old 12-20-2008, 07:51 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
hi .. iam from india and iam very upset bcuz my relationship which is about more than 1.5 yrs old has come to an edge where my boy friend wants to break just bcuz i ask him to cut down on his drinks... i fought with him,....just bcuz i dnt want him to drink so much... and where he found problem... god knows why... yesterday only he told me that he needs time....!!! iam broke... can you please PRAY for me and my marriage with him as i love him truely.....!!!I really need someone to help me bcuz if iam gonna think... i wll go mad... mentle depression... which i dnt want ... due to this i cant even eat, laugh and sleep .. can you please pray for me for my randam patch up with him???Moderator cut: cut personal email addressplease get back to me... i wish and hope your prayers will lead into my marriage with him soon!!IN GOD's LOVEGEETA.FROM INDIA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
I'd be glad to. Even though it has nothing to do with drinking, my marriage is pretty tense right now too so I can somewhat relate. Good luck.
Praying for both of you. God bless you!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Dear, sweet geeta,

Are you married to this man or are you still courting ???

I ask because you call him your boyfriend in your post.

It may be that God is protecting you from harm by moving him out of your life... before you make the mistake of marrying him.

I have no doubt that you care very deeply about this man. Being married to someone who has a drinking problem is not better than being alone.

I grew up with a father who "drank too much". I saw what it did to my mother. I know what it did to my life.
Because of my father's drinking, my childhood was taken from me.

I have worked closely with people whose lives have been devastated by drugs and alcohol.

You don't want to make the mistake of marrying someone who is an alcoholic. It is not a good life for anyone.
You don't want to bring up children in an unhappy home.

I will pray for God's will in this situation and I hope you will as well.

May God protect you and give you peace.
May God give you wisdom and the courage to believe.

Be strong. I want only God's best for your life.
May God provide for all of your needs.

I ask these things for you in Jesus' Name.

Your Sister in Christ,

WC

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-20-2008 at 09:33 AM..

Old 12-20-2008, 08:54 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
God bless you sister Geta..My prayer joins yours and many others...

Old 12-20-2008, 03:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Dear Heavenly Father...Thank you for leading geeta to this forum for our prayers...thank you for Your Holy Spirit that leads and guides us into all truth and power over darkness...thank you for the prayer we will pray, that it comes from Your heart and Your desire and Your love for her. Open her eyes to wisdom, and her ears to understanding...give her Your Spirit of faith and hope, to trust that You are with her always, and that you will take care of her. Help her Lord...give her the courage to stand for what she knows is right, and not to compromise her values...You hear her cries, you hold her tears in Your hands...comfort her Dear Father with Your Love..I pray this is the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.......I will keep you and your friend in my prayers geeta...God bless you.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Dear Heavenly Father...Thank you for leading geeta to this forum for our prayers...thank you for Your Holy Spirit that leads and guides us into all truth and power over darkness...thank you for the prayer we will pray, that it comes from Your heart and Your desire and Your love for her. Open her eyes to wisdom, and her ears to understanding...give her Your Spirit of faith and hope, to trust that You are with her always, and that you will take care of her. Help her Lord...give her the courage to stand for what she knows is right, and not to compromise her values...You hear her cries, you hold her tears in Your hands...comfort her Dear Father with Your Love..I pray this is the mighty name of Jesus, Amen.......I will keep you and your friend in my prayers geeta...God bless you.
Amen.

Beautiful prayer, Verna.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:51 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:

i am broke

June would like to think that somewhere, inside of all who are "broken" is a resiliency and a strength that connects us to our real self.

--And that in so doing, we in turn somehow manage to embrace our own broken fragility, and that somewhere in that vast state of vulnerability, we continue...to continue...to continue...to where we need to be.

And belong.

Take gentle care.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June would like to think that somewhere, inside of all who are "broken" is a resiliency and a strength that connects us to our real self.

--And that in so doing, we in turn somehow manage to embrace our own broken fragility, and that somewhere in that vast state of vulnerability, we continue...to continue...to continue...to where we need to be.

And belong.

Take gentle care.
Yes!...Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity