Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:37 PM

221 posts, read 379,592 times

Advertisements

The US Dollar is going to collapse. This will mean
further hardships for our friends and neighbors
in America.

Please pray that the hardships won't ruin people's
faith and Christian outlook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 10:43 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,110 times
Doesn’t hardship draw people closer to God?
God is bigger than the dollar.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limapie View Post
in America.

Maybe God wants the US dollar to collapse. Ever thought about that?

Old 12-20-2008, 10:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
in America.

God isn't about money. I don't think He cares about money. The only one caring about money is people. Jesus (His Son) did not worry about food in his belly or a roof over His head.

In all of my life I have never had what money can buy, because I have never had any money. However, I believe that it is Christ Who has seen to my needs and has blessed me in ways that money can't buy.

I can't do this prayer. I believe in the American people and I believe they will do just fine. It is through hardship people find there true strength!

And if we haven't the strength, then so be it.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 AM

414 posts, read 776,724 times
Lightbulb Begging to disagree ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
God isn't about money. I don't think He cares about money. The only one caring about money is people. Jesus (His Son) did not worry about food in his belly or a roof over His head.

In all of my life I have never had what money can buy, because I have never had any money. However, I believe that it is Christ Who has seen to my needs and has blessed me in ways that money can't buy.

I can't do this prayer. I believe in the American people and I believe they will do just fine. It is through hardship people find there true strength!

And if we haven't the strength, then so be it.

... hardships we have had it with, thoroughly! Is this what happy and "satisfied" people came up with? Sorry, not meant to offend you personally.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:43 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
going to collapse? the dollar has had a pin size leak in it since 2000...

Old 12-21-2008, 08:40 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
going to collapse? the dollar has had a pin size leak in it since 2000...

Don't you mean 1913?

It had a bigger hole in the 70's

It broke the manipulated structure in the 80's

In this decade, the dam has burst.

Old 12-21-2008, 10:10 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
in America.

Hi limapie,

Debt deflation is a strengthening dollar. More fractional reserve created dollars are disappearing than is even being contemplated to be created by the Fed. That's why the dollar is gaining in value with everything except Yen because Yen was even a more popular financing agent which is rapidly deflating.
That aside faith can only be ruined from within.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:03 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times
I look back on my life, where I've come from, and where I am now...
I come from an abusive family...physically and mentally, so I didn't grow up with self-confidence; dreams of college; a sense of belonging...to anyone or anything; seeing myself as being of any value...for anyone or anything. Very depressed, as a young adult, I sought the numbing qualities of alcohol and drugs to lessen my pain. In 1988 I hit bottom...with a thud. On Easter Sunday of that year, the Lord called me and I heard Him...now born-again and baptized in the Holy Spirit...my pain has been turned into purpose...Praise God...I sit here tonight, a daughter who has forgiven her parents for the abuse, and now share a beautiful, loving , caring relationship with them...God used my love and desire to do His will, to bring my mom and dad both to Him also...Praise God... The blood of Jesus covered me from being effected today by the physical and mental abuse I suffered, because I'm sharp as a tack, I love Verna Perry and all she stands for, and I love who she is in Christ Jesus, and I love who Christ Jesus is in her! I have an A.S. Degree in Graphic Design Technology; one year shy of my B.A. Degree in Illustration; I belong, and am a Honored Member of the Bride of Christ...Praise God...He has made me realize how valuable I am to Him, and to all of my brothers and sisters in Christ, and to the lost, which I can humbly say that the Lord has been able to use me to bring about 70 people into His Kingdom, (that I know of)...the light of Jesus in me...I'm sure, He has used to shine in the darkness of lives that I don't even realize...Praise God...I love people...all people...even the unlovely, (they need the most love). I'm a loving mother, and now a brand new grandmother...Praise God...I have a small, warm, wonderful, comfortable home, a warm bed to lie down in...I walk..breath..talk..think..dream..hope..love..give ..care..share. Hardships? Oh yea, hardships have been very much a part of my life the whole way through...a collapsing dollar? Oh yea, survived through that also. None of these things can in any way, shape, or form ruin a Christian's faith in our Almighty God, nor our outlook...because money is not the source from which all these blessings come from...GOD IS OUR SOURCE...PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME! AMEN....Love.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
We don't trust in the dollar we trust in Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity