U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 AM

1,239 posts, read 1,575,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
most christians believe we are in communion with the dead?
that is not Christianity..that is called necromancy

We worship Jesus because He is not dead

Catholic dogma shows mary as the coredeemer..
I can show you where it states where you're supposed to pray/worship to her in your own doctrine. Do you want me to pull it out or not?
Pull it out from a Catholic website. I don't want your biased protestant junk.

So what you are saying is that when you and I die, we just die? That sounds like atheism to me. So what you are trying to say is that protestants are really atheists?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:57 AM

2,136 posts, read 3,065,748 times
Quote:

I can show you where it states where you're supposed to pray/worship to her in your own doctrine. Do you want me to pull it out or not?
Sure, if it will stop the insanity, could you please show it. It should go without saying that I would expect you to quote from the CCC or from the Bible, not some very well intended Catholic bashing site.

Thanks.

<><

Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM

5,137 posts, read 11,549,080 times
quit trying to pervert what i wrote

have you heard of the people that will be raptured when Jesus comes back? It says they will rise from grave. Mary is still in her grave waiting for the coming of Jesus or are you telling me catholics dont believe in the Rapture?

please share the catholic website...there are many, and i want to make sure we're on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Pull it out from a Catholic website. I don't want your biased protestant junk.

So what you are saying is that when you and I die, we just die? That sounds like atheism to me. So what you are trying to say is that protestants are really atheists?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
please share the catholic website...there are many, and i want to make sure we're on the same page.

I am looking for quotes only from the CCC or the Bible.

<><

Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM

I have been using the bible but it seems catholics are more interested in their own teachings.

what is the best website for the catechism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I am looking for quotes only from the CCC or the Bible.

<><

Old 12-29-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I have been using the bible but it seems catholics are more interested in their own teachings.
My apologies. Due to your above statement, I presumed that you had a copy or that you had at least studied it at some point. You always seem to be so knowledgeable about the Catholic faith. Even if your translations did not agree with Catholic teaching, I at least thought that you had studied them.

It is a common known fact that Catholics do not practice Sola Scriptura, so your above bolded comment falls on deaf ears. I am truly not here to argue my faith with you, renriq. You and I have been down this road before. I was just hoping to show Aaron your true colors.

However, if you truly care to study the CCC, I found this link:

English Translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church with Search Utility

Peace be with you, renriq.

<><

Last edited by weatherologist; 12-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:

Catholics believe we go to heaven when we die, or even purgatory, and unfortunately hell. So Mary is in heaven with the rest of the saints. All people who go to heaven are saints.

Look up Catholic Catechism online in google, and you will find it. Every entry into the catechism has biblical references to check up sources on. The Catechism just neatly lays out our beliefs so the average Catholic can read it and understand WHY we believe what we believe.

So when you find the website (should be first search that appears on google) you can search up Mary or purgatory or whatever else you have issue with in the Catholic Church. Then you are free to look up the biblical passages supporting what the Catechism states. You can choose to believe or not believe whatever you want, but the support is there. I even listed a website in an earlier page with resources on our beliefs. You can look at that website as well. It has a LOT of scriptural support for our beliefs.

If you choose not to believe it, then that is fine. However, you will not change my mind. I came into Christianity with an open-mind. I didn't start off as a Catholic either, I started off going to protestant church's. The teachings of the Catholic Church, from a historical and biblical view point were the only teachings that satisfied my hunger.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:02 AM

or i could've found these sites

CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
USCCB - Catholic Communication Campaign Home Page

funny thing is that you would think that someone would actually post the vatican link

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Table of Contents

so which one do you want to use? there's more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
My apologies. Due to your above statement, I presumed that you had a copy or that you had at least studied it at some point. You always seem to be so knowledgeable about the Catholic faith. Even if your translations did not agree with Catholic teaching, I at least thought that you had studied them.

It is a common known fact that Catholics do not practice Solo Scriptura, so your above bolded comment falls on deaf ears. I am truly not here to argue my faith with you, renriq. You and I have been down this road before. I was just hoping to show Aaron your true colors.

However, if you truly care to study the CCC, I found this link:

English Translation of the Catechism of the Catholic Church with Search Utility

Peace be with you, renriq.

<><

Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:

funny thing is that you would think that someone would actually post the vatican link

Well, there you go. Feel free to look up whatever is bothering your mind. From there, feel free to believe or not believe whatever you want.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Actually, my momma taught me to never wrestle with a pig. Something about getting dirty and the pig liking it.

Peace be with you,
<><
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity