Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 12:26 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,011,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Trust me . . .YSM means everything she says . . . no matter how whacked it might seem to you.
same applies for the MysticPhD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 01:06 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

The book of Enoch is not one of Moses' works or a Psalm and prophets from God didn't occur until Moses.
You are not informed of the Word of God.
Abraham was a prophet, as well as Noah and Methusaleh, and Shem, and Joseph and Miriam, who was Moses elder sister who prophesied of his birth; Exd 15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. -and so on and so forth.
Gen 20:7 Now therefore restore the man [his] wife; for he [is] a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore [her] not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that [are] thine.

Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, prophesied.Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

Old 01-21-2011, 01:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are not informed of the Word of God.
Well next time I'll know to seek the wisest who does

Quote:
Abraham was a prophet, as well as Noah and Methusaleh, and Shem, and Joseph and Miriam, who was Moses elder sister who prophesied of his birth; Exd 15:20 And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances. -and so on and so forth.
Gen 20:7 Now therefore restore the man [his] wife; for he [is] a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore [her] not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that [are] thine.

Enoch the prophet, the seventh from Adam, prophesied.Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
It is how prophet is defined. I was looking at it from the narrow sense of the word. For example God came to Jeremiah, Isaiah, Moses and had a specific message or duty to be preformed.

In a larger sense Enoch, Abraham, Miriam (even broader anyone who proclaims God's word correctly) can and was also called a "prophet".

So don't get all uptight...

(ps .... it's ok to say Jesus saved me)

Old 01-21-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Well next time I'll know to seek the wisest who does

It is how prophet is defined. I was looking at it from the narrow sense of the word. For example God came to Jeremiah, Isaiah, Moses and had a specific message or duty to be preformed.
God appeared to Abraham and gave him the Covenant of circumcision, which is an oracle of the cutting off of the Adam spirit from multiplying on the earth in the eighth day of creation, which is the New Beginning. The seed of Abraham wear that oracle in their flesh until it is fulfilled.
God appeared to Abraham and gave him the first living rehearsal of the Day of Atonement, which was when Abraham named Mount Moriah "YHWH shall be seen in His image", now we say in English, Jerusalem, but that is from the Hebrew which means YAH Seen [in His[ Image/tselem]. Abraham understood the Day of Atonement, and Abraham understood the City of God in heaven, which was his inheritance.
God the Word appeared to Jacob and invoked His own New Man name over Him, "Israel", and Jacob built a memorial altar and named it "EL-ELOHE-ISRAEL", which is "God the Mighty God, Israel". Jacob saw God face to face, and did not die.
If you read the Dead Sea Scrolls, it is apparent that the patriarchs had visions of their respective appointments and callings. Levi knew his tribe was called to be the priests of the temple that would be built, for instance, but prophecy given to him by dreams and revelations.

Because Abraham had the prophecy of the revelation of his seed coming to inherit Canaan four hundred years after the revelation given to him, the descendants of Abraham through Isaac, the twelve tribes, understood the times and seasons, and Joseph knew that they would come out of Egypt and left the command that his body was to be carried out of Egypt with them.

There is much more.
Take some time and just read through the Word, and you'll see Moses was only one in a long line of prophets of God, going back to Abel, who was the first prophet to prophesy the Atonement and the avenging of blood, by the LORD Himself. Jesus says Abel was a prophet, and we find Abel's prophesy in Jasher, chapter one, and it speaks of the LORD being the avenger of blood.

Noah, grandson of Enoch [through his mother, who was a daughter of Methuselah] was a prophet, and God appeared to him and gave him specific instructions to build the ark and to preach to men on earth for 120 years, along with Methuselah, as is recorded in a section of Enoch written by Noah].

Gen 6:13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Gen 6:14 ¶ Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. ...
Gen 6:18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

Gen 17:1 ¶ And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I [am] the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 17:10 This [is] my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:31 PM

Jesus says the wicked generation [the one generation counted as the children of wrath, that will pass away, be removed, and be no more, when He comes to reign for the thousand year Sabbath] will receive the avenging of Abel the prophet's blood, the first prophet slain.
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
So Abel was a prophet, and what was his prophesy? -that YHWH would avenge His blood if Cain killed him, and would avenge the blood of al the slain upon the earth. Jesus is the Avenger of Blood, the Kinsman who will require the blood of all the slain at the hand of the unrepentant ones who murdered them, when He comes to avenge and judge. Those who repent have given their sins to Jesus to suffer and die for them, on the cross, but the unrepentant will be judged for their sins which they bear, without repenting.

That's a pretty major prophesy which Abel gave, and Jesus acknowledged it.

Jasher Chapter 1 - The Book of Jasher Published by J.H. Parry & Company 1887
chapter 1:21 And Cain said to his brother Abel, Surely if I slay thee this day, who will require thy blood from me?

And Abel answered Cain, saying, Surely God who has made us in the earth, he will avenge my cause, and he will require my blood from thee shouldst thou slay me, for the Lord is the judge and arbiter, and it is he who will requite man according to his evil, and the wicked man according to the wickedness that he may do upon earth.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,905 times
the book of henoch will be never canonized, although it is one of the lost books of old testament in Hebrew language which was translated in Ge`ez, because the canonist of old testament never allow any book which is not in Hebrew.
lul

Old 09-06-2011, 07:15 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Quote:
Jesus says the wicked generation [the one generation counted as the children of wrath, that will pass away, be removed, and be no more, when He comes to reign for the thousand year Sabbath] will receive the avenging of Abel the prophet's blood, the first prophet slain.
Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
So Abel was a prophet, and what was his prophesy? -that YHWH would avenge His blood if Cain killed him, and would avenge the blood of al the slain upon the earth. Jesus is the Avenger of Blood, the Kinsman who will require the blood of all the slain at the hand of the unrepentant ones who murdered them, when He comes to avenge and judge. Those who repent have given their sins to Jesus to suffer and die for them, on the cross, but the unrepentant will be judged for their sins which they bear, without repenting.

That's a pretty major prophesy which Abel gave, and Jesus acknowledged it.

Jasher Chapter 1 - The Book of Jasher Published by J.H. Parry & Company 1887
chapter 1:21 And Cain said to his brother Abel, Surely if I slay thee this day, who will require thy blood from me?

And Abel answered Cain, saying, Surely God who has made us in the earth, he will avenge my cause, and he will require my blood from thee shouldst thou slay me, for the Lord is the judge and arbiter, and it is he who will requite man according to his evil, and the wicked man according to the wickedness that he may do upon earth.

Wow!!! That's what I call some serious wisdom and annointing of the Holy Spirit. For real.

Yeshuasavedme, it's clear to me that your not firm in your Messianics since you use the name Jesus, which means you probably don't stand firm on the Messianics "Bible" or maybe not even read it.

What translation do you read mostly?

Do you know of any Messianic Jews who come on this forum?

Awesome post!!! It's nice to see others here who realize that there are other books, that are referenced in the "Bible", and read them.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
Wow!!! That's what I call some serious wisdom and annointing of the Holy Spirit. For real.

Yeshuasavedme, it's clear to me that your not firm in your Messianics since you use the name Jesus, which means you probably don't stand firm on the Messianics "Bible" or maybe not even read it.

What translation do you read mostly?

Do you know of any Messianic Jews who come on this forum?

Awesome post!!! It's nice to see others here who realize that there are other books, that are referenced in the "Bible", and read them.
As to my salvation: I am a born again in Christ, Gentile, female, married, water baptized, Spirit baptized, tongues speaking, singing, praying believer.

As to the translation I use most, I have no favorite, as I prefer to know the original words and use the concordances a lot.
In the house we use NKJV, KJV, and we have NIV, NRSV, N.E.T Septuagint, Hebrew Tenach/English [too modern], and others, besides the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible and other Dead Sea Scrolls translations.
I use the NRSV for the Deuterocanonical books which were in all the first English translations. I rely on the concordance and use a Dictionary, "The Word" by Isaac Mozeson, to get to the roots of Hebrew word meanings as oft as I can.
I am 65 years old and when our children were growing up we had mostly KJV but never read it out-loud in family reading time at night without modernizing the words to make them understood by the kids. When the NIV came out we got several of the kid's copies, and when the NKJV came out, we got them all copies.
I just bought a daughter-in-law a NKJV study Bible by Greg Laurie, as she is a new Believer [just a about six weeks ago she asked Jesus to save her soul], and plan to get her a couple more versions and the
Deuterocanonical books. I already gave her husband, our son, a copy of Enoch a few years ago, and I can't remember if I gave him the Book of Jasher or not. They live in AK and the son's old Bible from his growing up years is apparently no more in existence [they wear out], so I'll prob also get him another NJKV.
I have to mail DIL's Bible tomorrow.
I don't know any Messianic Jews who come to this forum, but I am happy to know that there are many Messianic Jews in Israel. I know only one person who is a Messianic Jewess who fellowships in a Messianic congregation, about twenty miles from here.
PS -glad you enjoyed it!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:57 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times
Quote:
As to my salvation: I am a born again in Christ, Gentile, female, married, water baptized, Spirit baptized, tongues speaking, singing, praying believer.

As to the translation I use most, I have no favorite, as I prefer to know the original words and use the concordances a lot.
In the house we use NKJV, KJV, and we have NIV, NRSV, N.E.T Septuagint, Hebrew Tenach/English [too modern], and others, besides the Dead Sea Scrolls Bible and other Dead Sea Scrolls translations.
I use the NRSV for the Deuterocanonical books which were in all the first English translations. I rely on the concordance and use a Dictionary, "The Word" by Isaac Mozeson, to get to the roots of Hebrew word meanings as oft as I can.
I am 65 years old and when our children were growing up we had mostly KJV but never read it out-loud in family reading time at night without modernizing the words to make them understood by the kids. When the NIV came out we got several of the kid's copies, and when the NKJV came out, we got them all copies.
I just bought a daughter-in-law a NKJV study Bible by Greg Laurie, as she is a new Believer [just a about six weeks ago she asked Jesus to save her soul], and plan to get her a couple more versions and the
Deuterocanonical books. I already gave her husband, our son, a copy of Enoch a few years ago, and I can't remember if I gave him the Book of Jasher or not. They live in AK and the son's old Bible from his growing up years is apparently no more in existence [they wear out], so I'll prob also get him another NJKV.
I have to mail DIL's Bible tomorrow.
I don't know any Messianic Jews who come to this forum, but I am happy to know that there are many Messianic Jews in Israel. I know only one person who is a Messianic Jewess who fellowships in a Messianic congregation, about twenty miles from here.
PS -glad you enjoyed it!
oh ok, thanks for sharing that. Definitely showed some wisdom there sister. I'm about to get ISR's scripture hopefully.

Institute for Scripture Research (http://www.isr-messianic.org/pubs/pubs.shtml - broken link)

Not sure which one but definitely going to switch to a translation that has the original names of Elohim, the Messiah, as well as all names transliterated to english. One of the translations inserts the accual hebrew letter type into the sentence. At first I was hunh? But now when I think about it I like that idea more and more. It does that for Elohim's name Yahua and the Messiah's name Yahushua... in the hebrew letter.

Anyway, thanks for sharing those books / scriptures that you have. I knew about the book of Jashar and Enoch, although I don't have the accuall books, I do have Enoch printed out on paper. It's not the easiest to understand with the language style though.

Wow, you accually have the Dead Sea Scrolls...lol.

You and your family is extremely blessed to be so hungry for the Word!!!

Be Blessed,
Yahuchannon

Old 09-06-2011, 11:45 PM

23 posts, read 39,878 times
Because it is not inspired and condradicts the bible. An inspired book cannot contradict the rest of the bible. And for all of those who say that the bible contradicts itself, I say that men contradict themselves. Every "contradiction" that is brought up usually has an answer with a little research. But if you already start out doubting the bible as the word of God, then you won't even bother looking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity