Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2008, 07:42 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times

Advertisements

I am just sitting here just laughing or crying. I mean it is absolutely sad that there are actual Christians thinking that this man is a great preacher. I gotta give it up to Larry, he is asking some tough questions and Olstein is butchering them not to mention contradicting himself with scripture using the same answer, "well that's what scipture says but this is what I believe"? why go to church if you are listening to someone's belief.

Some poor guy calls in on the show. He is white mid 40's, divorced and suffering depression. He "accepted" Christ a few years ago but he struggles with his salvation. He asked, how does he know he is saved and is there a God or an afterlife? I listened real intently on his answer and I have no clue what he was talking about. If I was confused, I am sure the poor guy was too. Had an opportunity to help this man and others in the same boat who were listening and he totally blew it!

This whole segment is absolutely sad.

Favorite amusing Olsteen quotes in the segment

1. King: “Do you think marriage is a civil right?”
Osteen: “I am not sure what you mean by that.”

2. Osteen: “It takes faith to believe.” (Shaking my head)

3. King: “Where does faith come from”
Mrs. Osteen: "The bible says, we all have a measure of faith,
I believe faith is like your muscles, you use it, you develop it.."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ROl...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6LX...layer_embedded

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 12-27-2008 at 08:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 07:57 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
This whole segment is absolutely sad.
I think Joel Olstine is as credible at preaching the word of God as Oprah Winfrey.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:01 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Fundie, it's "Osteen". Joel OSTEEN. He is a poor example of solid evangelism, that's true. But you are way too hard on this man. We all have different gifts and his is to give them what their itching ears want to hear.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan either. What good are you if you can't even lead people to Christ and save them from hell???

Old 12-27-2008, 08:06 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
Fundie, it's "Osteen". Joel OSTEEN. He is a poor example of solid evangelism, that's true. But you are way too hard on this man. We all have different gifts and his is to give them what their itching ears want to hear.

Sorry, I'm not a big fan either. What good are you if you can't even lead people to Christ and save them from hell???
LOL.....my bad with the spelling, no excuse considering it is right infront of me.....Duuuuuh

You are right, he has the spiritual gift of abhorrent teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity