U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-31-2008, 09:01 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,250,018 times

Advertisements

Ok the gloves are off, take this and that and oh you cant see or feel any of that, darn. Yes I love everyone so much I just must hate them, man I make myself sick. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,821,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
We already had this conversation beaten to death. Remember? I used scripture and the lexicons to prove my point. "Judge NOT, lest ye be judged"
Remember always read verse before and verse after. Never soundbytes.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,332,626 times
Is it wrong to see the Lord as loving?

Old 12-31-2008, 09:04 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,190,292 times
The establishment of modern Israel as a nation by the United Nations has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. Those who call themselves Jews today are not OT Jews. They do not even know of which tribe they belong. Many have intermarried throughout the years. They did not in 1948 come together in an attempt to return to some Jewish religious roots. Even today Israel is a very secular state. One of the stipulations for God's restoration of OT Israel was that she return to Him in contrition and in acknowledgment of His lordship over her. Such was never the case with that nation which many in the Church want to equate with OT Israel.

The only true Jews in existence today are those who have been circumcised in their hearts--born-again believers in Christ Jesus! The only true Israel is made up of those who are the spiritual seed of Abraham! God put a permanent end to His dealings with OT Israel in A. D. 70--the power of the holy people was completely and forever destroyed (see Daniel 12). Those who call themselves Jews today are not the people of God. Like the unsaved of all nations, they need to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be circumcised in their hearts, becoming the true seed of Abraham.

God may indeed protect modern Israel--but not because she is in any way special to Him or because He has promised to do so (He has not)!

Preterist

Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 PM

3,553 posts, read 2,995,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
We know the truth that Jesus IS THE ONLY WAY. Is there another I am not aware of? I thought we were to be just like Jesus, if He judged then can not we?
You mean be like Jesus in our walks of overcoming this world, and by doing so find Him? Sure.

If you mean a religious hypocrite, then no. You see Jesus could "rebuke" sin, because He had NO sin.

And no, there isn't another way. Only Father knows the hearts of men, and only Father gets to Judge those hearts.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 PM

8,990 posts, read 8,821,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirringWaters View Post
Is it wrong to see the Lord as loving?
No, the Lord is loving and merciful, He demonstrates that by allowing us to live but He doesn't love us because we are so cute, warm and cuddly but it an agape love, a love in that He could get His best usefulness out of us. It's not about us, it is ALL Him and His glory.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Remember always read verse before and verse after. Never soundbytes.
I do. He was talking to the "religious" of the day! What "religion" do we now have who has people claiming to be self righteous and then by this righteousness judging other men? Hmm, wonder wonder....

Old 12-31-2008, 09:09 PM

4,191 posts, read 3,250,018 times
Judging Others[SIZE=2]Lk. 6.3738, 4142 [/SIZE]1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [SIZE=1]Mk. 4.24 [/SIZE]
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

I dont see where this tells us not to judge, but if we share the truth with another to help them then how are we judging? We are using the righteousness of the Lord as a light to the world.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preterist View Post
The establishment of modern Israel as a nation by the United Nations has nothing to do with Bible prophecy. Those who call themselves Jews today are not OT Jews. They do not even know of which tribe they belong. Many have intermarried throughout the years. They did not in 1948 come together in an attempt to return to some Jewish religious roots. Even today Israel is a very secular state. One of the stipulations for God's restoration of OT Israel was that she return to Him in contrition and in acknowledgment of His lordship over her. Such was never the case with that nation which many in the Church want to equate with OT Israel.

The only true Jews in existence today are those who have been circumcised in their hearts--born-again believers in Christ Jesus! The only true Israel is made up of those who are the spiritual seed of Abraham! God put a permanent end to His dealings with OT Israel in A. D. 70--the power of the holy people was completely and forever destroyed (see Daniel 12). Those who call themselves Jews today are not the people of God. Like the unsaved of all nations, they need to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be circumcised in their hearts, becoming the true seed of Abraham.

God may indeed protect modern Israel--but not because she is in any way special to Him or because He has promised to do so (He has not)!

Preterist
Amen

Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,332,626 times
Quote:
No, the Lord is loving and merciful, He demonstrates that by allowing us to live but He doesn't love us because we are so cute, warm and cuddly but it an agape love, a love in that He could get His best usefulness out of us. It's not about us, it is ALL Him and His glory.
He gets nothing from me when I'm a puddling mess and go to Him in need of comfort. He gives it to me with no strings attached. Or did you mean something different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity