Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2014, 03:51 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
God does not have a literal arm so it is symbolic. God is a spirit.

Jesus us bit just an appendage of God is he????? No mind , no will, just an "arm"???

The Lord is, as I pointed our Jesus' Father, Jehovah. The Hebrew makes that clear so maybe you need to study that a little better as well, as an English translation can be misleading.

ASV Isaiah 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. 2 Above him stood the seraphim: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly. 3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is Jehovah (yhwh Hebrew) of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

You see I study to see what it actually says and use various translations, including Greek and Hebrew, to get the real meaning, not a favored one that hides it.

Please try to address what the scriptures actually say not what you want them to say.
ca, you need to stop, just stop. #1. it's painful to even listen to you. "do God have an arm?", literal, My Lord. tell me something I don't know. #2. Jehovah is not a name, it's a made up name. #3. the same old excuse, the translator are wrong. excuses, excuses, quit shifting the blame, make the corrections and move on. #4. Isaiah 6:1, you missed the whole point. I want even respond to that. #5. "get the real meaning", how can one do that when you miss the whole point. #6. "Please try to address what the scriptures actually say not what you want them to say", just what you're doing?. pitiful, another avoiding of the truth. excuses, excuses, excuses.

let me take it slow with you. ................is the LORD of host...................... in Isaiah 6:3.................. the same LORD of host......................... in Isaiah 44:6. yes or no I'll be waiting for your answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 10:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Yes JESUS is the arm of God, meaning JESUS is God. and the POWER is the HOLY SPIRIT, supporting scripture, 1 Corinthians 1:24 "But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God". the Power of God is the "Holy Spirit". JESUS is the HOLY SPIRIT.

now back to Isaiah 6:1 and verse 3. "the LORD of Host", is that your Jehovah, ca, or the first person of the trinity, Richard. which one.
I told you before, I do not hold to the Trinity...

Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
John 1:1 .. .. "and God was the Word". No matter how hard you try and twist the bible you cannot change the meaning of John 1:1 or Isaiah 9:6. The Mighty God - The Everlasting Father.
No that is not what the Hebrew says in Isa....

ה**כִּי-יֶלֶד יֻלַּד-לָנוּ, בֵּן נִתַּן-לָנוּ, וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה, עַל-שִׁכְמוֹ; וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ, אֵל גִּבּוֹר, אֲבִי-עַד, שַׂר-שָׁלוֹם. 5

For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom;

Old 06-26-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I told you before, I do not hold to the Trinity...
LOL, you don't hold to the truth either, so what's the diff?. but you believe in the father?.

Old 06-26-2014, 04:07 AM

Quote:

ה**כִּי-יֶלֶד יֻלַּד-לָנוּ, בֵּן נִתַּן-לָנוּ, וַתְּהִי הַמִּשְׂרָה, עַל-שִׁכְמוֹ; וַיִּקְרָא שְׁמוֹ פֶּלֶא יוֹעֵץ, אֵל גִּבּוֹר, אֲבִי-עַד, שַׂר-שָׁלוֹם. 5

For a child is born unto us, a son is given unto us; and the government is upon his shoulder; and his name is called Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom;

as you try to twist the scriptures.
Hebrew Interlinear Bible (OT) Isaiah 9:6
http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineI...OTpdf/isa9.pdf

Old 06-26-2014, 10:58 AM

1,534 posts, read 1,990,905 times
Quote:

Yes, Christ's NAME [note not names]. Or in other words Pele-joez-el-gibbor-Abi-ad-sar-shalom is one descriptive Name given to Yeshua/Yahshua to honor the Father! That's not unusual for the Son's Name honors the father for it means Yahweh is salvation and is the Name the Father gave the Son. And Yahweh accomplishes everything by and through His Son.

http://jesus.rlbible.com/?p=1091

Other Links To Consider:

Isaiah 9:6 Explained
http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/mighty.htm

[PDF] Is Jesus “the Mighty God” in Isaiah 9.6?
http://servetustheevangelical.com/do...Isaiah_9.6.pdf

YshaYaH (Isaiah) 9:6
http://yahwehist.webs.com/apps/auth/...yah-isaiah-9-6

Last edited by mshipmate; 06-26-2014 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-26-2014, 11:10 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
ca, you need to stop, just stop. #1. it's painful to even listen to you. "do God have an arm?", literal, My Lord. tell me something I don't know. #2. Jehovah is not a name, it's a made up name. #3. the same old excuse, the translator are wrong. excuses, excuses, quit shifting the blame, make the corrections and move on. #4. Isaiah 6:1, you missed the whole point. I want even respond to that. #5. "get the real meaning", how can one do that when you miss the whole point. #6. "Please try to address what the scriptures actually say not what you want them to say", just what you're doing?. pitiful, another avoiding of the truth. excuses, excuses, excuses.

let me take it slow with you. ................is the LORD of host...................... in Isaiah 6:3.................. the same LORD of host......................... in Isaiah 44:6. yes or no I'll be waiting for your answer.
Sorry but Jehovah is not a made up name it is a translation directly from the Hebrew. If you knew any Hebrew you would know that, but instead you believe those who want to hide God's name. However regardless of the English in Hebrew it is YHWH NOT LORD. So the LORD/Lord in context is YHWH NOT Jesus.

You are missing he real meaning by ignoring the actual words used.

The translators were wrong, that is not an excuse it is the truth. When you ignore the truth you get beliefs like yours.

Kinda like Mormon's saying the two sticks in Ezekiel are books/scrolls (one the BOM) and ignoring the context and word meaning and use.

Please ANY lexical support for YOUR claims, not just repeated denial and no evidence.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Sorry but Jehovah is not a made up name it is a translation directly from the Hebrew. If you knew any Hebrew you would know that, but instead you believe those who want to hide God's name. However regardless of the English in Hebrew it is YHWH NOT LORD. So the LORD/Lord in context is YHWH NOT Jesus.

You are missing he real meaning by ignoring the actual words used.

The translators were wrong, that is not an excuse it is the truth. When you ignore the truth you get beliefs like yours.

Kinda like Mormon's saying the two sticks in Ezekiel are books/scrolls (one the BOM) and ignoring the context and word meaning and use.

Please ANY lexical support for YOUR claims, not just repeated denial and no evidence.
YHWH is not a name, but a title for a name. sorry?, it's no excuse. The word "JEHOVAH" was formed by merging the three vowels (e, o, and a) into the Romanized (Latinized) four letter version JHVH to get, JeHoVaH. Romanized, and Latinized is not Hebrew, (smile).....LOL. excuse the English. it a made up name of a title. the Babylonians gave you the name with "The art of ineffability", the definition: the art of hiding, and replacing a name. 2. incapable of being expressed or described in words; inexpressible. 3. not to be spoken because of its sacredness; unutterable: the ineffable name of the deity. see that "deity", meaning a false god. where did these four letters words come from?, out of Babylon with the Jews who was in captivity, the scribes, the Pharisees, and the Sadducees who was sitting in Moses seat. see it’s an art, just like witchcraft you practice it. do you know how many names is derived from that YHWH, or YHJH, or whatever it is. it’s an art. and you are in the pratice of it. just google "God name". and watch the hits. now pick a name,............. any name will do, LOL.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:51 AM

153 posts, read 150,417 times
Quote:
What a joke...
Obviously English is their second or maybe third or fourth language ? Can you do as well in an other language. I doubt it . And you are not funny either .

Old 06-26-2014, 12:15 PM

153 posts, read 150,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
"Tweeter"? I laugh.

Suppose it's the other way around. Perhaps God is speaking to YOU through ME, telling you that what you have believed thus far has been erroneous. What do you say to that? And if you think I'm wrong, what empirical proof are you going to use to disprove my assertion?

How can you recognize what is the Spirit of God and what is just the product of your own thoughts, if God does not tell you that it is He who is speaking?

Y'all need to understand that I may question like an atheist but I am actually a Christian-perhaps-becoming-deist. I used to believe what y'all are saying, until very recently. Then the evidence disproved it. I'm still in the "pain phase" of dealing with the destruction of a belief system I have held specifically for at least 15 years and generally for my whole life.
I note that you are proud of you capacity to use your brain,at least the 'intellectual part ,but when we use this too much we cannot develop the 'right hand brain' ,which is both a physical entity and a capacaity to recieve higher vibrations like classical music,and access the science of physics .

When undeveloped ,no matter how much you study the material world,you will come up blank,as it is a gift from God, to those who who love Him ,have loved Him ,and is related directly to the heart ,and how we treated others too, in our past ;Yes in line with a form of "evolution" ,I believe in the souls education guided by God ,through time. However I also believe that God created us in much the way it is in Genesis,which is not
Einstein was correct God does not play dice with His creation :it is beautifully organised ,and we are livng in the moments prophesied in the bible about God' plans for us;

When you become humble,and listen perhaps you will be Lucky.
Understanding the story of Abraham, and how he accepted to sacrifice Isaac his most precious person, giving up all his power to God (faith) it dawned on me what I had to do ,and so I stopped trying to control my existence,and handed it over to Jesus ,who is God the 2 nd person of the Trinity .
When we are graced with the gifts of these 3 we enter into life eternal,and we experience 'bliss' .
I have never looked back ,if I have looked sideways often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity