Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times

Advertisements

I feel absolutely horrible about innocent lives being taken in all of this...Hamas purposely places these terrorists in the middle of these innocent ones...next to temples...inside temples...next to schools...inside schools...it cannot be avoide by Israel..it is what it is, and innocent lives will be taken...I am excited about what I know this is leading to....it is leading to Jesus' promise to come back and get us who believe!! I am so excited about THAT I can hardly contain myself!...we've been waiting and waiting and waiting...and now it is finally happening....Hallelejuah!!! JESUS!!...Love

Old 12-29-2008, 12:12 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,883,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't feel any joy. I agonize with those who are hurt by this conflict. However, I side with the Israelites. The Palestinians need to stop their antagonizing.

I can only hope that Obama, and other world leaders will help bring this crisis to an end.

I agree. It's a really sad situation, but I fully understand why Israel is doing this: they can't just sit there and let Hamas lob rockets and mortars onto civilians, and stand by idly doing nothing. Turning the other cheek has it's place, but this getting bombed and rocketed daily is just a little "much". Hamas brought this upon themselves. Sad...

Bud

Old 12-29-2008, 12:14 PM

594 posts, read 1,044,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I feel absolutely horrible about innocent lives being taken in all of this...Hamas purposely places these terrorists in the middle of these innocent ones...next to temples...inside temples...next to schools...inside schools...it cannot be avoide by Israel..it is what it is, and innocent lives will be taken...I am excited about what I know this is leading to....it is leading to Jesus' promise to come back and get us who believe!! I am so excited about THAT I can hardly contain myself!...we've been waiting and waiting and waiting...and now it is finally happening....Hallelejuah!!! JESUS!!...Love
Who cares about Jesus's return? He already saved me from my sins and I will dwell in Heaven with Him when I die. That's all I care about.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
Quote:
I can understand the excitement that this may be Jesus time. But what if it isn't? Even if it is, we shouldn't be rejoicing. The end times will be a time of doom and gloom. We are supposed to be prepared for it, not expecting it or rejoicing it.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM

605 posts, read 1,107,741 times
Quote:
Right!?!? It IS exciting Fundy!! We WILL be the generation that will see Jesus coming in the clouds with our very eyes!! And I just know this is a sign of the beginning of the very end...the hope I feel..is..well..I find it hard to put into words...but I'm trying!

What about the generation in 1948 or the one in 1967? In fact, what about Christians 100, 200, 800 years ago? If Jesus could not return before the Jews were once again back in their homeland (and they were not back then), why should they have been anticipating an "any day or any hour" return of Jesus? Why not live it up and be less vigilant because there was no way he could come back at the time?

Regards,

DeGuire

Old 12-29-2008, 12:17 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Who cares about Jesus's return? He already saved me from my sins and I will dwell in Heaven with Him when I die. That's all I care about.
Oh Catmandoo, we should look forward to the Kingdom even the bible says as much.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:18 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
I agree. It's a really sad situation, but I fully understand why Israel is doing this: they can't just sit there and let Hamas lob rockets and mortars onto civilians, and stand by idly doing nothing. Turning the other cheek has it's place, but this getting bombed and rocketed daily is just a little "much". Hamas brought this upon themselves. Sad...

Bud
I agree. I am fully on Israel's side.

It would be like me, as a five year old, poking and prodding and annoying my ten year old brother who is much bigger and stronger than me. And then finally after poking and prodding him for ten minutes, he turns around and smacks me upside the head, punches me in the nose, throws me to the ground, and beats the message in that I need to STEP THE **** BACK! Perhaps the message went a little too far. Perhaps he beat me up too badly, and perhaps he should be reprimanded a little bit for his actions. But the fact remains that I will be less willing for a time to do it again.

The Palestinians, after these next few weeks, will not be as willing to attack the Israeli's. They are finally witnessing what happens when they act stupid.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:23 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times
Quote:
I can understand the excitement that this may be Jesus time. But what if it isn't? Even if it is, we shouldn't be rejoicing. The end times will be a time of doom and gloom. We are supposed to be prepared for it, not expecting it or rejoicing it.
The Rapture is the glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God's presence forever.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:30 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Dear AaronK....I sooo understand your concerns, they are mine also, believe me! We are to be prepared for this, but I cannot stop the joy that is in my soul...it is JUST THERE..I can't wipe it away...it's just there! It is the joy that comes from knowing the Lord, the joy that no man can take away from me..it is a peace that passes all understanding...and again, the fear, and the sorrow I feel for precious innocent lives is all mingled in with the joy and the peace...this is why I have such a big, mixed bag of emotions inside me right now......Even if, (and I do hope so) this doesn't continue...and there is a truce...it still is developing into the very end of times...it's going to happen...sooner...later...no one knows...but it IS going to happen whether one believes it or not!...Love

Old 12-29-2008, 12:32 PM

594 posts, read 1,044,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The Rapture is the glorious event we should all be longing for. We will finally be free from sin. We will be in God's presence forever.
You don't believe that "rapture" nonsense do you??!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity