Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 07:52 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times

Advertisements

I appreciate the passion that you guys (Betsy, DOTL, et al) have, but realize that the Lord is doing a work in His church to be conformed into His image - and HIS LIFE is what's worth sharing. Too many try to feed from a basket of carnal nature, and the fruit soon withers and dies.

In short, we should pray that the Lord prepares the hearts to hear the call; it's a small ratio that will receive in this present time (evidence bears this out, as well as scripture) but the ones that answer should be receivers of the true gospel, not threats or leveraged convincing. Salvation is a spiritual regeneration that begins and ends with God. We can't do it without Him.

From the depth of my being I want Him to fall on His church with the real deal - we can't give what we don't have -but His life will set the captives free, heal the wounded, bring down the haughty and raise the meek and lowly - all that mankind needs is found in Him.

We need Him.

To those who are seeking - know that the One who created you knows you and loves you passionately; He accepts you right where you sit...right now. You don't have to worry about where you've been or what you've done, just come as you are. None of us are perfect, but His love is pure and sincere. I pray you'll feel His arms holding you, and you CAN let go - He will catch you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 11:18 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,752,311 times
Post The Ark

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I don't know what else to say. At times I'm so baffled at what I see here on this forum. Are'nt we all supposed to be winning souls for Christ Jesus? Is'nt that our main reason for being here?

If you have'nt yet made that choice to accept Jesus into your hearts, please do so before time as we know it runs out. I urge you to come while there's still time. There's room for one more and one more............Room at the Cross for You - MIDI and Lyrics - Resurrection Hymns - Bible Study Charts.com - Free MIDI Hymns

God Bless, Your sister in Christ Jesus

While the ark “Christ” is, and was a preparing, The Children of God entered into the ark, and the flood came, and those who were disobedient, was left with their shame.

1 Peter 3:19-21 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Luke 17:25-31 But first must he suffer many things, and be rejected of this generation.
And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
In that “day,”

Christ wants us all to be saved, a time for love and affection.
Our father has a laws, he created them and written these laws.
God put his own son subject to this law, his only begotten son.
Let go of what is holding you back, so that you may go forward.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:25 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,622,031 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

I understand what you and Betsey are saying here. You're right DOTL we are to take the Good News of Jesus with us as we go through this life and share it with others, it's up to them if they decide to accept it or not. Don't be discouraged by what others say, stay true to the Word of God, let Him guide you and speak as He directs you.
I just through of something else, when you have good news don't you want to share it? Don't you call people when something wonderful happens?? It should be the same about Jesus, He is the best news we can ever share with people!!
Amen!!!! Thank you, Sister ILNC!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I appreciate the passion that you guys (Betsy, DOTL, et al) have, but realize that the Lord is doing a work in His church to be conformed into His image - and HIS LIFE is what's worth sharing. Too many try to feed from a basket of carnal nature, and the fruit soon withers and dies.

In short, we should pray that the Lord prepares the hearts to hear the call; it's a small ratio that will receive in this present time (evidence bears this out, as well as scripture) but the ones that answer should be receivers of the true gospel, not threats or leveraged convincing. Salvation is a spiritual regeneration that begins and ends with God. We can't do it without Him.

From the depth of my being I want Him to fall on His church with the real deal - we can't give what we don't have -but His life will set the captives free, heal the wounded, bring down the haughty and raise the meek and lowly - all that mankind needs is found in Him.

We need Him.

To those who are seeking - know that the One who created you knows you and loves you passionately; He accepts you right where you sit...right now. You don't have to worry about where you've been or what you've done, just come as you are. None of us are perfect, but His love is pure and sincere. I pray you'll feel His arms holding you, and you CAN let go - He will catch you.
God's Blessing to you always!! Yes, Run the race!

Old 01-01-2009, 04:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Some may not understand why we do it, spread the Word of God's salvation that is. We do it because we love people, we do it because we have the Spirit of God living in us, we do it because we care about what happen to you. You may not want it, nor accept it, but Betsey was called to spread the Word of Jesus Christ to whomsoever may listen. It's my duty to do so. I can't contain the goodness of His love all to myself.

Before my patients pass away, (some of you may know I'm a Hospice nurse, I take care of the dying) I make it my responsibility to share the news of God's salvation with each and everyone of them. I've NEVER had one refuse me to pray with and/or for them, NOT one.

You may be well in your body and have not a care in the world right now, but I ask you: Is it well with your soul? Are you certain if you leave here today, you know where you're going? Cause whether you believe it or not, and let me tell you, you believing is NOT dependent on there being a judgment, there is a judgment day, that you can be certain about!

Some ask why I'm so bold and in your face type of person, there's not much time left to play around! I'm concern for your souls people! You can TAKE it or REJECT it, it's entirely up to you. I spread the Word, and the Holy Spirit does the convicting of the hearts. There's some who welcome it. Until free speech is done away with, it's my duty to spread the Word. Anyway, I could'nt stop even if I wanted to. It's as much a part of Betsey as breathing is!

So until Christ comes for us.........................here's to winning souls to the King, My King!!

GodTube.com - ScottWesleyBrown - The Language Of Jesus Is Love

The language of Jesus is L-O-V-E. There's so much who needs Him! We can use all the help we can. Blessings.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM

14,880 posts, read 17,156,182 times
What a beautiful song and video, Betsey Lane! Thank you so much for sharing this God bless.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:13 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
I just like to share ideas and hope that the hearing of the word( or the reading of it) will be a seed that God grows. Actually I just came here to irritate everyone and they are all so nice they have thwarted my plans, Darn Christians. LOL

Seriously were are the light of the world and we are ironing out our own understandings of Gods word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity