U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 09:56 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,596,307 times

Advertisements

I don't know what else to say. At times I'm so baffled at what I see here on this forum. Are'nt we all supposed to be winning souls for Christ Jesus? Is'nt that our main reason for being here?

If you have'nt yet made that choice to accept Jesus into your hearts, please do so before time as we know it runs out. I urge you to come while there's still time. There's room for one more and one more............Room at the Cross for You - MIDI and Lyrics - Resurrection Hymns - Bible Study Charts.com - Free MIDI Hymns

God Bless, Your sister in Christ Jesus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 PM

2,946 posts, read 4,887,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I don't know what else to say. At times I'm so baffled at what I see here on this forum. Are'nt we all supposed to be winning souls for Christ Jesus? Is'nt that our main reason for being here?

If you have'nt yet made that choice to accept Jesus into your hearts, please do so before time as we know it runs out. I urge you to come while there's still time. There's room for one more and one more............Room at the Cross for You - MIDI and Lyrics - Resurrection Hymns - Bible Study Charts.com - Free MIDI Hymns

No Betsey..we are not WINNING anything for Jesus Christ. God has already predistined who,when, and how we get saved. Shocking isn`t it? Here you`ve been taught by your church all of these years that it was up to you to help people get saved. That if you didn`t reach them before they died,that was it..it was our fault..poor God..his hands were tied..there was nothing he could do..it was all up to us!
They will know you and glorify God by your good works Betsey..not by handing out tracts...trying to talk people into it...etc. before they die. God is in control my friend. Rest assured in that fact. Let not your heart be troubled.

Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM

8,830 posts, read 10,036,527 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I don't know what else to say. At times I'm so baffled at what I see here on this forum.
Ugh.... You and me both, Betsey.

Quote:
Are'nt we all supposed to be winning souls for Christ Jesus? Is'nt that our main reason for being here?
YES!!!!! And to address the complete ludicrousy of the post above mine, here is SCRIPTURE TO PROVE IT: (you know, just a little something called "THE GREAT COMMISSION")

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Look at what is bolded above. Teach them, make disciples of ALL nations and baptize them.

I cannot believe what I just read in the post above mine!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

We are to do what God commanded us to do. Period.

Quote:

There's still time, but there's not much time. Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:58 PM

30,934 posts, read 31,858,221 times
Well you ain't winnin' mine...

Old 12-30-2008, 03:10 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,334,453 times
Joh 6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said to them, Do not murmur with one another.
Joh 6:44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who has sent Me draw(drag) him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who is the one betraying Him.
Joh 6:65 And He said, Because of this I said to you that no one can come to Me unless it was given to him from My Father.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:40 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,905,681 times
I came here to fellowship. It never crossed my mind to try to "win souls" on a Christianity forum.

You know, it is ok to show people God's love without screaming in their faces? lol I am as God made me. He didn't make me an in your face type of girl. Just because you don't see some of us doing like you doesn't mean God isn't in us...that God isn't leading us. I do love your enthusiasm, though.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:29 AM

852 posts, read 1,201,155 times
Default all of us are here for a reason

Know where you're coming from Betsy...all of us are here for a reason and I am one who believes it is our duty to share Christ with others. Even though we may be "predestined" as others put it, we were also told to spread the word...for, how do we know who is predestined for what? It's not for us to decide. I know it is a circle and confusing for some...but not so much to me. I continue to do what I feel is right by letting others know that Christ died for our sins. I may not post much here because of all the "scoffers," but I read much and I absorb much.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:55 AM

4,309 posts, read 5,596,307 times

YouTube - Emmylou Harris "I love to tell the story" w Robert Duval

I love to tell the story, all day everyday. God Bless.

Old 12-31-2008, 06:59 AM

21,665 posts, read 30,315,259 times
[quote=DayoftheLord;6756845]
Quote:

Ugh.... You and me both, Betsey.

YES!!!!! And to address the complete ludicrousy of the post above mine, here is SCRIPTURE TO PROVE IT: (you know, just a little something called "THE GREAT COMMISSION")

Matthew 28:16-20

The Great Commission

16Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go.
17When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Look at what is bolded above. Teach them, make disciples of ALL nations and baptize them.

I cannot believe what I just read in the post above mine!!!!! Unbelievable!!!!

We are to do what God commanded us to do. Period.

There's still time, but there's not much time. Hallelujah to the Lamb of God!!!!
I understand what you and Betsey are saying here. You're right DOTL we are to take the Good News of Jesus with us as we go through this life and share it with others, it's up to them if they decide to accept it or not. Don't be discouraged by what others say, stay true to the Word of God, let Him guide you and speak as He directs you.
I just through of something else, when you have good news don't you want to share it? Don't you call people when something wonderful happens?? It should be the same about Jesus, He is the best news we can ever share with people!!

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 12-31-2008 at 07:22 AM..

Old 12-31-2008, 07:46 AM

3,540 posts, read 6,092,054 times
I've always preferred attraction over promotion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or