U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 05:46 PM

94 posts, read 117,994 times

Advertisements

Well, Verna you certainly put a lot of thought into this.....maybe too much 'cause it's near impossible to discuss so many facts: the 10-horned beast --- the 2-horned beast that later resembles more of a "dragon" than a "lamb" --- the mark of a "man" --- the "image"......

You've covered history since the Egyptian era - right on to the modern era. Fantastic! And not far from what I believe. But we should take one factor/item at a time.

I must say, FINALLY! thru the link you gave us, there are those that are beginning to see that this "anti-christ" must represent a system, a collective system as the 2ND BEAST FROM THE EARTH designates. But whether it is a collective society, nation, association, or club of some kind wielding such tremendous power is still hard to absolutely recognize. I do profess to believe it/ "he" is something formed out of the "SEVEN".

"And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an EIGHTH king, but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction" [ Rev 17:11]

But thanks for the link. Hope to pass by here again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 07:38 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,427,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netprophet View Post
Well, Verna you certainly put a lot of thought into this.....maybe too much 'cause it's near impossible to discuss so many facts: the 10-horned beast --- the 2-horned beast that later resembles more of a "dragon" than a "lamb" --- the mark of a "man" --- the "image"......

You've covered history since the Egyptian era - right on to the modern era. Fantastic! And not far from what I believe. But we should take one factor/item at a time.

I must say, FINALLY! thru the link you gave us, there are those that are beginning to see that this "anti-christ" must represent a system, a collective system as the 2ND BEAST FROM THE EARTH designates. But whether it is a collective society, nation, association, or club of some kind wielding such tremendous power is still hard to absolutely recognize. I do profess to believe it/ "he" is something formed out of the "SEVEN".

"And the wild beast that was but is not, it is also itself an EIGHTH king, but springs from the seven, and it goes off into destruction" [ Rev 17:11]

But thanks for the link. Hope to pass by here again.
Dear netprophet...Thanks!......drop by anytime....if you ever want to "chat" about this...or if you uncover anything...please...come back and let me know!!! I would love to hear from you!! Blessings!....Love

Old 02-22-2009, 07:05 PM

Hi Verna!

The above quote is one of the best in Rev that seems NOT to describe a man - a single, individual - that many Christians are expecting. I think it's useless for us to pin this grandi-ose title of 'antichrist' on only one individual. When it's written as the EIGHTH king springing from the SEVEN. No human being comes from "seven". So it has to be a collectivity of some kind - and much more powerful than the uniqueness of one person can embody.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 PM

Cool The devil is in the details!!!

Quote:

Hi Verna!

The above quote is one of the best in Rev that seems NOT to describe a man - a single, individual - that many Christians are expecting. I think it's useless for us to pin this grandi-ose title of 'antichrist' on only one individual. When it's written as the EIGHTH king springing from the SEVEN. No human being comes from "seven". So it has to be a collectivity of some kind - and much more powerful than the uniqueness of one person can embody.

Hello my friend!!......Welcome back!! I'm convinced that this "beast" is a "system." It's all about manupulating the minds of the people...one way or another......very sad, but true. I mean, it's just so obvious...take the television, for example...there is no better way to slowly numb the mind to what sin is and what it isn't...our people are being brainwashed from the time they are able to sit upright in front of one. The RFID...technology will bring this thing into such an advanced state that they won't have to scan it any longer to get our information..all they'll have to do is punch a couple of keys on a keypad...and whammo!...there we are...telling them right where we are and what we are doing!! All around us, in every single form of communication there is available...there is this mind manipulation going on fast and strong!...it's global...One World Order?....hummmm....How else better could a system work!!??!! We are being subliminally brainwashed...everything is so contrived...Satan has been on a mission since he landed here on earth!!...through all the fallen Empires..and he isn't finished by no means!! There is nothing he wants more than for people to think one way, which is the opposite way that God would have them to think...and unfortunately...his plan is working very well on many...it's all about getting people to believe a lie..and sugar coating it to make it "taste" real good!! ..."...thou shalt surely not die..." sssssssaid the sssssnake......Lies...Lies...Lies...Lies...Lies.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:49 PM

Correct! My personal opinion (and I'm sure many others) who believe America is Modern-day Babylon. The nation that has shown many marvels and wonders from the first "fire coming from the sky" (could it be one of our "Founding Fathers" : Benjamin Franklin?) to the "abomination of desolation" which can be parelled to the most horrific weapon ever conceived: the nuclear bomb.

In fact, this EIGHTH King in Rev 13:11 (wild beast from the Earth complete with monetary MARK) coming out of all seven ( better description in Rev. 17:11) describes some final entity or KINGS.
If we're in the last days, it's got to be US.

In fact, You're on the same track as David Wilkerson, for one, who wrote "The Destruction of America" - 'America is Modern Babylon'

Remembering that each of those "SEVEN heads" (or "mountains" see Rev. 17:9) were some sort of
"Babylon" in each of their times. But who are the "seven"? I've heard different interpretations.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:47 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,335,554 times
Will you "end of the world" folks just relax! You might try Googling the term "the great disappointment." It's looks like there is going to be a sequel.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Correct! My personal opinion (and I'm sure many others) who believe America is Modern-day Babylon. The nation that has shown many marvels and wonders from the first "fire coming from the sky" (could it be one of our "Founding Fathers" : Benjamin Franklin?) to the "abomination of desolation" which can be parelled to the most horrific weapon ever conceived: the nuclear bomb.

In fact, this EIGHTH King in Rev 13:11 (wild beast from the Earth complete with monetary MARK) coming out of all seven ( better description in Rev. 17:11) describes some final entity or KINGS.
If we're in the last days, it's got to be US.

In fact, You're on the same track as David Wilkerson, for one, who wrote "The Destruction of America" - 'America is Modern Babylon'

Remembering that each of those "SEVEN heads" (or "mountains" see Rev. 17:9) were some sort of
"Babylon" in each of their times. But who are the "seven"? I've heard different interpretations.
Hello my friend!!......Well...here we are in March already...and I posted this thread back in January...on the 1st...a lot has unfolded since then...huh? Call me crazy..but I hear the voice of God...tell me this netprophet, can you 'see' what I am 'seeing' in all that is occurring around us now...can you see this "System" strengthening more and more everyday? I dare to say destruction is well on its way...God will take everything away, and one will only be left with the faith they have in their hearts...He will do this to bring His people closer to Him...and to bring many unbelievers unto Him also...It's all about Him recieving the glory...the honor...and the praise!! The Light is much brighter the darker it gets...Love.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Will you "end of the world" folks just relax! You might try Googling the term "the great disappointment." It's looks like there is going to be a sequel.
Yeah - I guess that's what we're called. There used to be an awful lot of "anti-christ" - "apocalypse" - threads on this website. But you should see how much material there is on YOU TUBE regarding the end-of-the-world.

Hebrew eschatology - Christian eschatology - Islamic as well........along with a great deal of junk stuff not abiding by Biblical standards at all. I would rather discuss and question the books of the Bible and especially the END TIMES.

After all, we're ONE DAY CLOSER than yesterday.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...can you see this "System" strengthening more and more everyday? ........
Yes I definitely can. I do pray, however, that for a few years, at least, we might be given a sort of respite - a breather or two - from all the disception, distruction, deceit, neurosises, and psychoses that seem to be proliferating daily.

But apart from all this, I wonder what you think of that verse in Revelation (17:9) . . . how have you heard the interpretation to be?

Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 PM

1,897 posts, read 3,096,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hello Preterist, thank you so much for your response! Couldn't now be the time? What about your thoughts on the rest of the notes? How he corrolates with our history up into our present, and what we know that will be coming in the future re; the Bible? Thanks! I need help to understand because quite honestly, I don't understand a lot of it.
Greetings, Verna Perry: It always amazes me that so few pay attention to the clear time restraints of the Revelation. How could Jesus, through John, have made it any clearer? John was taken into heaven and shown the things which were to soon take place--the time for the fulfillment of the things he was shown was then near. It does not matter if there are times throughout the history of the world that are similar to things of which John wrote if they are not part of those things which John was shown!

In case we didn't get it the first time, John is again told in chapter 22 to write the things that were to soon take place--the time was at hand! Furthermore, so close was the fulfillment that John was told to NOT seal up the words of the prophecy. This is the opposite of what Daniel was told--He was told TO seal up the words of the prophecy of the book because the time for fulfillment was far off from his day (Dan. 8)!

All of the things depicted in the Revelation must be found in that first-century generation. We cannot understand them otherwise. The things which Daniel was shown and which were sealed up are contained in the very book held in the right hand of God (chapter 5)! In John's day all was about to be revealed and Jesus was coming quickly (soon)!

The letters were addressed to those actual churches of Asia Minor of that first-century generation. They were not addressed to churches throughout world history. They were written and sent to THOSE very churches of John's day because they involved them directly and the events of their time! Just because there are churches throughout history which are characterized by the same things for which Jesus commended and condemned those first-century churches of Asia Minor does not mean that they are the subject of the Revelation!

Yes, history repeats itself--but only in principle not in actuality of events, dates, and personages. The Revelation deals with the termination of physical Israel (the old covenant age of that first-century generation, the old heavens and old earth) and emergence of spiritual Israel (the new covenant age, the new heavens and new earth)!

He who would understand the Revelation must honor the time indicators. Sadly, they are all too often ignored or redefined, forcing the would-be expositor into the realm of fanciful speculation because he thrusts into the future those things found in the past!

In Christ, Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or